Tyrod Played Vary Well Last Night

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I am not excusing that part. I am not excusing the ultra conservative, vanilla game plan.

Run, run, pass. That was basically the game plan last night.

And he refused to switch it up.

It honestly reminded me of Nate Hackett.

I mean why do people make things up?

Go look at the play by play summary and count how many times the Bills had consecutive running plays, let a lone "run run pass" like you claim

Go look at the play by play summary and count how many times the Bills had consecutive running plays, let a lone "run run pass" like you claim

I agree. People's perceptions of the play calling don't match the reality. We called pass plays 73% of the time last night.

You may want to re visit a lot of the game, especially the first sequence of the 2nd half.

I agree. People's perceptions of the play calling don't match the reality. We called pass plays 73% of the time last night.

Because they were trailing 24-7 for almost half the game...

We had a problem up front last night because they DID NOT respect our receiving core. They were able to stack the box, stuff the run and rush 5+ every play. Our line could not handle the rush 1-1 at all. He is not the reason we had problems last night.

It's not that they didn't respect the receivers, it's they didn't respect the QB so yes Tyrod is the reason for the stacked box. Even Romo called out Tyrod last night

It's not that they didn't respect the receivers, it's they didn't respect the QB so yes Tyrod is the reason for the stacked box. Even Romo called out Tyrod last night

With all due respect to Romo the posters here know way more about the Bills than he does. That doesnt mean we know football better but absolutely understand the personnel and the issues (both good and bad) better. Thats true of any fans as involved as we are.

New York - Week 1 : The running backs gain 154 yards at 4.47 yards a carry. Taylor throws for 224 yards, runs for 38 yards.

New York - Week 9 : The running backs gain 28 yards at 1.75 yards a carry. Taylor throws for 285 yards, runs for 35 yards

And this means something???

Even Romo mentioned that they didn't respect our receivers. They didn't respect our QB so much that they spied him with 2 guys and rushed 5 guys at him all night. This because they knew our receivers were not a threat deep. The game was played in a small box and Taylor did well to complete as many as he did.

Because they were trailing 24-7 for almost half the game...

Well indeed. But the people saying he didn't stick with the pass or that he was run, run, pass are talking nonsense. From the point the Jets scored on their first drive of the 3rd qrtr to go up 17-7 (ie. once the lead was greater than 3) the Bills ran 36 offensive plays. Excluding the two Taylor sneaks from inside the 1 they called FOUR rushes and THIRTY passes.

Is there some blame for Dennison, sure. I'd put it about 10%. The biggest chunks of blame for this game should be obvious.

Our offensive and defensive lines got their asses handed to them. Simple as that. It's on the players.

Edited by GunnerBill

What did you want him to do with no blocking??

Honestly the Rico blaming is ridiculous. That is among the worst offensive line performances I have ever seen. Every time he called a pass there was someone on Tyrod as fast as the snap got there. He was trying to use their aggression against them with delayed runs that didn't work.... he called play action on 1st down three times by my count and the Jets were all over every one.

When your line blocks like that you could have Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi as co-coordinators and your offense would suck.

So the fact that Dennison was calling ineffective run plays and long-developing pass routes instead of something more intelligent to exploit the aggressive 5-man pass rush is the offensive line's fault too?

So the fact that Dennison was calling ineffective run plays and long-developing pass routes instead of something more intelligent to exploit the aggressive 5-man pass rush is the offensive line's fault too?

He wasn't calling lots of ineffective run plays. We were 73% pass. He also called some 3 step drops... indeed one of your fellow "blame Rico" crew was arguing a couple of pages ago it was too many 3 step drops.

He tried plenty of ways to get the offense going. Every way he tried required blocking. We got no blocking.

Well indeed. But the people saying he didn't stick with the pass or that he was run, run, pass are talking nonsense. From the point the Jets scored on their first drive of the 3rd qrtr to go up 17-7 (ie. once the lead was greater than 3) the Bills ran 36 offensive plays. Excluding the two Taylor sneaks from inside the 1 they called FOUR rushes and THIRTY passes.

Is there some blame for Dennison, sure. I'd put it about 10%. The biggest chunks of blame for this game should be obvious.

Our offensive and defensive lines got their asses handed to them. Simple as that. It's on the players.

I won't argue too much with that.

We are in total agreement that they lost that game in the trenches.

I guess I think Dennison deserves a bit more blame then you do, but all good

He wasn't calling lots of ineffective run plays. We were 73% pass. He also called some 3 step drops... indeed one of your fellow "blame Rico" crew was arguing a couple of pages ago it was too many 3 step drops.

He tried plenty of ways to get the offense going. Every way he tried required blocking. We got no blocking.

27% run and the Bills had all of, what, 28 yards to show for it. The runs were ineffective. The swing passes to the RBs were less effective. The long developing pass routes got Tyrod killed.

Do you not have any concept that the offensive coordinator can actually call plays to exploit what the defense is doing?

It was the timing of some poorly conceived runs. Dennision is IN LOVE with first down draws up the middle. It wasn't working, thats the entire strength of the Jets D Line, yet he would do this and put us in 2nd and long every time.

This has been an on going issue with Dennison, and the pass play call % is heavily skewed by essentially having to go 100% pass down big in the 4th. Earlier in the game, his terrible choices of when to run and to run into the straight of the Jets D heavily contributed to getting down big in the first place.

So this is a clear case of the end game stats not clearly defining the flow of the game that put us down big in the first place. Not to mention how much he used Tolbert on those over McCoy in both runs and pass plays.

Edited by Alphadawg7

It was the timing of some poorly conceived runs. Dennision is IN LOVE with first down draws up the middle. It wasn't work, thats the entire strength of the Jets D Line, yet he would do this and put us in 2nd and long every time.

This has been an on going issue with Dennisson, and the pass play call % is heavily skewed by essentially having to go 100% pass down big in the 4th. Earlier in the game, his terrible choices of when to run and to run into the straight of the Jets D heavily contributed to getting down big in the first place.

So this is a clear case of the end game stats not clearly defining the flow of the game that put us down big in the first place. Not to mention how much he used Tolbert on those over McCoy in both runs and pass plays.

Yup. What we didn't need is Tolbert to pound it at a team who was pounding us. If anything, give those carries to Taiwan who has breakaway speed. The Tolbert experience is one of the few major flaws this staff and management have made.

Its not non sense, you are relying too much on END game totals and completely removing the context of the early parts of the game where the game was at a manageable score. I get your side, but the reality is that Dennisson created a lot of unfavorable spots for the offense with his insistence on bad run calls into the middle of the D Line (their strongest area) in a game where they were blowing up our OL. He constantly put TT and the O in 2nd and 10, 2nd and 13, type positions, and on more than one occasion would run it again on 2nd down to gain little or even lose more yards.

Its not the volume that matters, it was the situation football Dennison really mismanaged badly last night.