Rank in order the reasons for the loss last night

BillsFan130

Going to give out 10 options, pick your top 5 reasons why the Bills lost last night.

10 options- Run defence, Pass defence, Tyrod, No run game, No pass blocking, McDermott, Dennison, Lack of turnovers on the defensive side, Turnovers from offence, Penalties...

Here are my top 5.

1. McDermott- Bills simply were not ready to play tonight, right from the first quarter

2. No run game- Bills need to run the ball effectively to win, but just could not get going

3. No pass blocking- Awful all around. 7 sacks were not all on the o line as Tyrod should have thrown 2-3 away, but every play it seemed like they were getting there ass handed to them

4. Dennison- A big reason why the Bills could not run the ball in my opinion were because his stubbornness to run into 9 man fronts, and refused to change it up or get a bit creative

5. Penalties- The Bills killed themselves with I believe 4, 15 yard penalties and simply lost their composure.

Turnovers were of course a factor as well, but I honestly believe if the Bills didn't turn the ball over and if the Jets turned the ball over once, the Bills still would have lost. That's how bad I think they got outplayed

What do you guys think?

Edited by billsfan11

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Tackling

2) Turnovers (bad luck?)

3) Offensive line

4) Defensive line

5) Offensive playcalling

We mostly just sucked all around yesterday. Pretty much a collective team loss. But the poor tackling and the offensive line getting absolutely mauled stood out. I don't think our defensive line would have looked quite as bad (statistically) if our linebackers and DBs had tackled like they had been up until last night.

Edited by TheBrownBear

1. Trench Battles - Both the OLine and DLine were beat up and had their lunch money taken away

2. Turnovers

3. Poor coaching adjustments - both offense and defense

4. Poor tackling on defense

5. Tyrod Taylor's fatal flaws (needs too much time to find receivers, won't take chances/throw the receiver open, refuses to throw the ball away)

6. Shady's injury / no quality backup (Tubby Tolbert stinks)

1. Trench Battles - Both the OLine and DLine were beat up and had their lunch money taken away

2. Turnovers

5. Tyrod Taylor's fatal flaws (needs too much time to find receivers, won't take chances/throw the receiver open, refuses to throw the ball away)

Tyrod ain't make them bench Miller.

2. Turnovers

Fair, but no blame on McDermott?

#1, O-line

#2, Tackling

#3, Lost the turnover battle

Bills giving up way too many yards this year. Doesn't bode well moving forward. When they don't get turnovers, look what happens

Edited by Mr. Negative

1. Poor Defense

2. Tyrod Taylor. Holding on to the ball way to long and too much, taking too many sacks resulting in almost a 10 yrd loss each time.

3.Play calling. Dennison awful play calling.

4. Same Ol Bills. A game your supposed to have and you get your ass handed to you.

1. Poor Defense

2. Tyrod Taylor. Holding on to the ball way to long and too much, taking too many sacks resulting in almost a 10 yrd loss each time.

3.Play calling. Dennison awful play calling.

4. Same Ol Bills. A game your supposed to have and you get your ass handed to you.

Didn't matter what plays they called Ducasse was getting whipped off the snap on almost every play.

1) First home game after terrorist attack. You can't compete with the energy the home team gets off that. As I said in another thread, refer to the 2006 home opener for New Orleans, their first game back in the super dome after Katrina.