Micah Hyde Named AFC Defensive Player of the Month

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hyde already has a career high with 5 INT's and we've only played 7 games this season.

Prior to 2017, he had a total of 8 INT's his entire 4 year career with the Packers.

If this is what The Process is going to be about with McD coaching the Bills are certainly in a great spot going forward especially with all the new young talent we are going to acquire from the draft next year.

Well deserved honor for him.

I was thrilled that we signed him in free agency, but I was not expecting the type of impact he's given already for the Bills.

For that matter, I'm amazed by our entire secondary.

The secondary was a huge question mark coming into the season, but they have done really well. The biggest downer thus far is the inability of Gaines to stay on the field.

Beane wasn't the GM here when we signed Hyde.

Not saying it was all him but he had to have some input. Regardless this team has made some POWER moves to completely reshape this roster after last year.

I'm pretty sure NRC won defensive player of the week...

Not month

Imagine what this team is going to be like when we get actual talented guys in here.

No offense to Hyde and others but they haven't been world beaters previous to buffalo

Not sure where this narrative got started that Hyde was not good or just average in Green Bay. He was excellent. Ask Green Bay fans. They were very sorry to see him go.

Imagine what this team is going to be like when we get actual talented guys in here.

No offense to Hyde and others but they haven't been world beaters previous to buffalo

This is what makes me truly believe McD is finally the right coach for this team.

He's working wonders so far with a roster that is still devoid of big time playmakers and quality depth, at least on the defensive side of the ball.

So assuming a big time talent infusion with all the picks we have in next years draft and the sky is the limit especially if we can land a big time LB, DT and pass rusher to go with what we already have.

This is what makes me truly believe McD is finally the right coach for this team.

He's working wonders so far with a roster that is still devoid of big time playmakers and quality depth, at least on the defensive side of the ball.

So assuming a big time talent infusion with all the picks we have in next years draft and the sky is the limit especially if we can land a big time LB, DT and pass rusher to go with what we already have.

how can you say there isnt quality depth on the defensive side of the ball? Poyer, Gaines and Humber all missed chunks of time, and their backups have played fantastic and we haven't really missed a beat defensively. Dareus was out and now traded and we havent even noticed...

where exactly is the lack of defensive depth showing?

how can you say there isnt quality depth on the defensive side of the ball? Poyer, Gaines and Humber all missed chunks of time, and their backups have played fantastic and we haven't really missed a beat defensively. Dareus was out and now traded and we havent even noticed...

where exactly is the lack of defensive depth showing?

Secondary is fine, although I think the jury is still out on Gaines simply because he can't stay healthy so we have to make a decision on resigning him or replacing him.

But the front seven still needs work. This might be KW last season and even if it's not we need a true beast in the middle of the line since Dareus obviously wasn't going to be that guy here. Lawson has been solid in run defense but doesn't appear to be a disruptive force as a pass rusher.

LB though is the main issue, while Zo Alexander is still solid as a pass rusher hes' no spring chicken and we need a better coverage guy. Milano has shown flashes but appears to have an uphill battle with Humber apparently getting back his starting gig. Humber is also not the long term answer.

Overall depth has not been terrible but let's not kid ourselves into thinking this defense is set and McD has no areas of concerns going forward.

Secondary is fine, although I think the jury is still out on Gaines simply because he can't stay healthy so we have to make a decision on resigning him or replacing him.

But the front seven still needs work. This might be KW last season and even if it's not we need a true beast in the middle of the line since Dareus obviously wasn't going to be that guy here. Lawson has been solid in run defense but doesn't appear to be a disruptive force as a pass rusher.

LB though is the main issue, while Zo Alexander is still solid as a pass rusher hes' no spring chicken and we need a better coverage guy. Milano has shown flashes but appears to have an uphill battle with Humber apparently getting back his starting gig. Humber is also not the long term answer.

Overall depth has not been terrible but let's not kid ourselves into thinking this defense is set and McD has no areas of concerns going forward.

your confusing replacing players in the future with depth on the current roster, sorry you are confused

And Jonathan Meeks.

Aaron Williams too.... too soon?

I actually think AW would fit in great with this group. Those other plebs are an after thought. Only things I remember about Duke is his absurd PI on Edelman, getting punched by odell, and having odell runnaway. Thats about it.