ESPN: The Great Tyrod Taylor Debate

YoloinOhio

And we all look at every other QB in the league's highlights and yards and assume that they must be the sole reason their teams win.

I think this should be stated again. It seems obvious, but sometimes I wonder about how much football some people watch outside of Bills games. People have been all over Zay for his drops. You see similar drops in basically every single NFL game. Tyrod misses throws you'd really like him to make, so do most QB's.

Based purely on the eye test, I think Tyrod has done a better job this year at moving around in the pocket, not running at the first sign of danger, and making plays with his arm. He can still do better, but he's made a bunch of big plays by buying time and throwing versus scrambling and getting forced out of bounds for a yard or two, something I thought he did too much of last year.

Tyrod can do better and the encouraging thing is he seems to be getting better. Of course you still want to upgrade, he's not perfect, but I surely don't want to run him out of town. Draft someone else and let the rookie and Peterman continue to learn on the bench as long as Tyrod plays at this level or better. If the rookie or Peterman clearly outplay him in pre-season or Tyrod struggles, then make a move.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well her opinion "flawlessly meshed" with the views of a large part of this board too.....

One of her invented interview subjects gave an extreme outlier opinion (EJ and Tyrod are the same) that next to no one believes. It's a laughable opinion that is certainly not held by most (any?) Bills fans, but conveniently ties together the article's 'Bills fans are racist' undertones. It's piss poor journalism.

You realize that football and blackjack aren't exactly the same, right?

You realize that your analogy was terrible right?

Anyway I have been thinking about this for a little bit. I would be interested to see people's list of who they think is playing better than Tyrod in 2017. Not in their career, not their reputation, not their draft status. Simply who do you think is playing better than Tyrod this year? Brady, Brees, Cousins, Wentz, Watson, Rodgers (pre-injury), Alex Smith, and Russel Wilson are fairly inarguable. I could see some arguments for other guys but it is a pretty short list imo. Interested to see others lists.

You realize that your analogy was terrible right?

Anyway I have been thinking about this for a little bit. I would be interested to see people's list of who they think is playing better than Tyrod in 2017. Not in their career, not their reputation, not their draft status. Simply who do you think is playing better than Tyrod this year? Brady, Brees, Cousins, Wentz, Watson, Rodgers (pre-injury), Alex Smith, and Russel Wilson are fairly inarguable. I could see some arguments for other guys but it is a pretty short list imo. Interested to see others lists.

Clearly, imperfect analogies escape even the brightest TBD minds.

Appreciate you telling me that blackjack doesn't have 1:1 applicability to the NFL. I used to think that's how they determined playoff seeding.

That was an extremely weak response to getting owned there.....why cant you just admit your wrong instead of twisting it?

Your love affair with me reminds me of Forrest Gump and Jenny. I'll have the drug problem, if you'll be the simpleton. :thumbsup:

Edited by jmc12290

Appreciate you telling me that blackjack doesn't have 1:1 applicability to the NFL. I used to think that's how they determined playoff seeding.

Your love affair with me reminds me of Forrest Gump and Jenny. I'll have the drug problem, if you'll be the simpleton. :thumbsup:

Once again......no substance at all because your just flat wrong.....I mean what else you got?

Tyrod is the type of QB you keep for as long as it takes to get a sure franchise QB. I hope we don't get rid of him prematurely.

He's a decent, very consistent QB. The problem is he doesn't really have the ability to just take over a game and play like a superstar. He needs a lot of help around him, which is fine. The great thing about him is you know he is never going to throw that back breaking INT, which means you'll always have a chance.

He's playing the same as he's always played.

Which was never remotely close to as bad as many tried to make it seem it was.

Hes a guy we can absolutely win with, and he's compiled a winning record despite having one of the worst collections of coaches and weapons during the bulk of his time as a starter. The only legit weapon he had to throw to was Sammy and he was only really healthy for about 10 games during their time together, of which both TT and Sammy were highly productive.

Excited to see what he can do with a reasonable group or better around him.

The blackjack analogy in the article was fantastic. Yours fell flat because it was a bad analogy plain and simple.