Bills vs. Raiders Postgame

@BWilliamsonNFL

Rodney Harrison lit up Derek Carr a bit Just called him overrated. #Raiders

It's true though. But a lot of people here think of him as the quintessential franchise QB.

I say Fitzpatrick > Carr

Fitz can throw just as many picks as Carr. And at least Fitz can run for a first down when the opportunity presents itself.

Carr would be a good backup for Fitz. :D

Edited by PolishDave

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's true though. But a lot of people here think of him as the quintessential franchise QB.

I say Fitzpatrick > Carr

Fitz can throw just as many picks as Carr. And at least Fitz can run for a first down when the opportunity presents itself.

Carr would be a good backup for Fitz. :D

Carr was spectacular last year playing for a team that couldn't run and didn't have a defense and his inconsistency this season is a result of the league realizing that Oakland still can't stop anybody or run. Carr is hardly an issue there and that was seen when he missed 2 games with an injury. Coming into today, Oakland was 26th in yards allowed on defense and 24th in rushing. They've just done a bad job surrounding the team with parts outside the passing game. He's much better than Fitz, although injuries are a concern for Carr.

Still, spectacular game from Buffalo's defense.

@JoeBuscaglia

Folks, the playoffs are on the table for the #Bills in 2017. My 7 observations from their win over Oakland:

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-buffalo-bills-oakland-raiders-10_2917-

ORCHARD PARK, NY (WKBW) -

The 2017 regular season is nearly halfway through, and the majority of fans are sitting there and pondering one simplefact:

How did they get here?

And it’s not in the same, usual debilitating manner that has adorned basically each individual season the Buffalo Bills have played since the drought began at the turn of the century. It’s in a different way that, for fans of the team, is a Jessie Spano-level mix of happiness, excitement, and outright anxiety about what’s to come.

This much we know: the Buffalo Bills are 5-2 — and are winning games that good teams are supposed to win. That much was evident after a complete effort against the Oakland Raiders and a 34-14 victory.

How did it all come about? Seven observations from the Bills victory:

Bills MVP: CB Tre’Davious White
- The whole complexion of the game changed when White started to shadow Amari Cooper in the first quarter. We didn't hear from Cooper again — at least when it mattered — and White showed just another reason why he’s a serious contender for defensive rookie of the year honors.

Bills LVP: Ed Hochuli
- There wasn’t a lot to pick at with the Bills in this game because it seemed like almost every player had a good hand in winning the game for the team. However, Hochuli called a few phantom penalties throughout the game that was questionable at best — with the Jordan Matthews “offensive pass interference” in the first quarter that negated a 27-yard gain that would have put the Bills at the Oakland 15-yard line being the most glaring example. Ed gonna Ed.

Up Next: The 5-2 Bills head to New Jersey to take on the 3-5 New York Jets on Thursday, November 2.

160 yards and 1 TD is "dominating"? LMAO. Meanwhile, in reality, Russel Wilson and Deshaun Watson both have 400+ yards and 4 TDs

Forgot to mention the 3 int by Watson and 2 by Wilson.. Those numbers look good, but for this team, Tyrod is playing within the system and doing it at an extremely high level. And it was 2 TD's..

Like Derek Carr?

Not sure what you mean. Doesn't matter to me that he throws for 300 yards per game. Just make good decisions and hit / find the open guys. Know when to use your feet and run. I thought he played really well today. I just hope he keeps it up and becomes consistently good. I would love to not need to take a QB in the first round next year. Not sure why you are mentioning Derek Carr.

Ill never forget the reaction of the team when TT scrambled and found Tate on the long third down conversion (in the 3rd qtr I think). I had always suspected this team was different but that was the proof.

Its almlst unfathomable but they really play hard and for each other. Its incredible and shows up every week. I love this team.

Not sure what you mean. Doesn't matter to me that he throws for 300 yards per game. Just make good decisions and hit / find the open guys. Know when to use your feet and run. I thought he played really well today. I just hope he keeps it up and becomes consistently good. I would love to not need to take a QB in the first round next year. Not sure why you are mentioning Derek Carr.

What I'm pointing out is even the anointed franchise QBs lay an egg sometimes. So expecting Tyrod to be perfect as a minimum level performance is a bit unrealistic, don't you think?