Sources: Bruce Arians won't return as AZ coach in 2018

YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not, people on the BBMB were ready to set OBD on fire for not hiring Hue Jackson.

I tell you a surprise firing. Tennessee canning Mularkey for not making playoffs and hiring McDaniels. Jon Robinson is the GM of the Titans and him and McD are close.

Talk about the perfect marriage? McD+Mariota=scary.

What did McDaniels do when he was given a HC opportunity!

Cardinals might have the worst roster in the league. Not sure how much of that can be pinned on Arians.

What???

They have a shortage of talent at WR, but aside from that, they're solid all the way around.

I predicted that Palmer would nosedive last year, so his decline isn't surprising, but c'mon. They have David Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, a solid OL that's suffered some injuries, and two decent TEs. The defense sports one of the best back-7's in football.

What???

They have a shortage of talent at WR, but aside from that, they're solid all the way around.

I predicted that Palmer would nosedive last year, so his decline isn't surprising, but c'mon. They have David Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, a solid OL that's suffered some injuries, and two decent TEs. The defense sports one of the best back-7's in football.

except QB. Possible landing spot for Kirk Cousins

except QB. Possible landing spot for Kirk Cousins

As I said above, Palmer's decline came a half-year after I expected (which is why I was fairly certain they were going to take Mahomes at 13 if he was on the board).

Cousins would be interesting for them, as would Sam Bradford.

Pretty surprised the Cards did not draft a QB last year. Guessing they might be regretting that now.

None of the 3 got to them. Then Kizer didn't get to them in round 2. Obviously they didn't feel good enough about trading up for one of the three guys.... but had one been on the board at 13 I think they would have taken him. There was a reason Houston and Kansas City were so keen to get up to the spots they selected.

None of the 3 got to them. Then Kizer didn't get to them in round 2. Obviously they didn't feel good enough about trading up for one of the three guys.... but had one been on the board at 13 I think they would have taken him. There was a reason Houston and Kansas City were so keen to get up to the spots they selected.

I agree. Wonder if they talked to the Bills about moving up? Maybe McD was looking to move back farther than 13.

I thought tanking and getting lots of draft picks was the way to go? Was that wrong?

i think if his teams had shown even the least bit of progress during his tenure he would get more time. They havent. They arent even competitive most weeks. And the FO isnt any better, they have drafted poorly, repeatedly passed on QBs at the top of the draft, made disastrous FA signings like Kenny Britt, and have a ****ty roster. Hue is going to take some blame on the roster because hes involved in a lot of personnel decisions given the FO arent football minds. Edited by YoloinOhio

i think if his teams had shown even the least bit of progress during his tenure he would get more time. They havent. They arent even competitive most weeks. And the FO isnt any better, they have drafted poorly, repeatedly passed on QBs at the top of the draft, made disastrous FA signings like Kenny Britt, and have a ****ty roster. Hue is going to take some blame on the roster because hes involved in a lot of personnel decisions given the FO arent football minds.

Because they tore down the roster to nothing and tried to build from scratch. it doesn't work that way in the NFL. I agree with you...they are awful from the owner to the FO

Because they tore down the roster to nothing and tried to build from scratch. it doesn't work that way in the NFL. I agree with you...they are awful from the owner to the FO

Yep. And if you are going to tear it down to Joe Thomas and 52 scrubs then expect to rebuild through a hoard of draft picks you gotta hit on basically every guy you take in the first 3 rounds for 3 years running. They have had far, far, far too many misses.

@BruceArians

Hearing reports I'm retiring. News to me. Nothing could be further from truth & 100% focused on getting back on track at SF! #birdgang

@SBNationNFL

Bruce Arians says he isn’t going anywhere, so pump the brakes

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/25/16543100/bruce-arians-coaching-rumors-cardinals

i think if his teams had shown even the least bit of progress during his tenure he would get more time. They havent. They arent even competitive most weeks. And the FO isnt any better, they have drafted poorly, repeatedly passed on QBs at the top of the draft, made disastrous FA signings like Kenny Britt, and have a ****ty roster. Hue is going to take some blame on the roster because hes involved in a lot of personnel decisions given the FO arent football minds.

Plus, this will be the 2nd time that Hue has jockeyed for control over the roster and had it go downhill.

He's a very good OC, but as a HC, he doesn't seem to hit the mark.