Voice of the Fan - TBD and Buff News

To KTD : Ok I have read your article there KTD. That was pretty good. I enjoyed it well done.

Of course you are eager for my suggestions. I won't make you ask in case you are too proud.

You can take your Commandeer joke along to future posts.

A remark about how Tyrod has Commodored the Bills with his new and energetic practice habits.

And then if we have a bad game, he can Commode the Bills.

No need to thank me.

Many here think he's commoded since he got here.

Thanks for the huge investment you made and nice words. ;)

Josh, thanks for being a standup guy. Why am I commenting here? Because I'm interested in the fate of the news media (including sports media) overall. I'm interested in various models out there that are being tried out. I'm interested in what the BN is trying to do here, and as I noted before, I see the BN Blitz as something of an experiment/pilot - as newspapers shrink and lay off reporters/columnists in this day and age of "we want it free," maybe the better solution will be to provide more content and to see if people are willing to pay for it. My gripe here is with the "35 pieces a day" part - it's quantity over quality, particularly when some of those pieces are a prose version of a weather forecast or a rewording of standard wire press conference summaries. I like the idea of the analysis. I'd also give some of the reporters a chance to do a longform piece or two. So please keep trying, but please don't try to hard to make everything sound like inside or premium content; keep the weather report in the weather section. For free.

The world thanks you for your contribution, and the analysis of paid vs free content on the intertubes.

Now, can you please tell me why after 15 years, Google realized they need to make nice with publishers?

I stand corrected, Buffett opposes the repeal of the estate tax. As for $2.99, this is still another example of the rentier class finding a revenue stream to extract wealth. Its $2.99 in 2017. By 2020 it will be more. More importantly I refuse to patrionize a dying business that employs two tabloid sensationalists in Sully & Bucky.

Thank you to Kelly and Scott for helping us get this off the ground. We look forward to the weekly contributions.

With the Voice of the Fan and the View from Vegas that we debuted last week on Bills betting trends, we have added two features directly derived from my requests for suggestions on this board. So thank you all for that. And happy to hear more ideas.

The conversation about subscription models is ongoing here and elsewhere and the decision is up to you. But I will say that I am constantly talking with my staff about how to make our coverage better and different. I want to engage with Bills fans and lei really enjoy the Blitz, arn what they want to read about.

So I make the same offer that I made to you before: Drop me a line at jbarnett@buffnews.com. I read everything I get. Or post something here or on the other threads that I have started.

Early on, someone here accused me of post and ghost. I hope by now you know that's not the case.

Thanks, Josh

Hey Josh, Great Job with the Blitz. Appreciate everything you all have done with it.

Right. It's a tough call. I was just in Vegas last week for the Sabres game. If I knew that I would have went over to Wynn for a drink and a looksee. ;)

Ahhhh. I was at the sabre game as well. Such an ugly 2 periods of play by the sabres. Exciting finish though. Hit me up next time for sure

I can get the exact same content (except fan fluff) for FREE from more reputable sources.

I’ll pass.

Keep that garbage behind the paywall, you scabs will eventually see the light.

Boycott of the Buff News continues!!!

Imo

I can get the exact same content (except fan fluff) for FREE from more reputable sources.

I’ll pass.

Keep that garbage behind the paywall, you scabs will eventually see the light.

Boycott of the Buff News continues!!!

Imo

Bitter, stupid, and ignored is no way to go through life, son...

Another one today:

http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/01/voice-of-the-fan-i-know-i-always-say-this-but/

"Pete Rosen is a screenwriter in Los Angeles, lifetime Buffalo fan, and may be found blathering daily at twobillsdrive.com."

Please copy and paste the article. It seems to be hidden behind a wall.

On second thought l, I don’t care. Leave it there to rot.

Imo

Please copy and paste the article. It seems to be hidden behind a wall.

On second thought l, I don’t care. Leave it there to rot.

Imo

then there is no reason to be involved in this thread. I'm not really interested in your petty crusade.

I say get rid of the "blathering" line.

Reading the piece, "blathering"  is redundant.

I kid. Those pieces are about as different as they could be. I'm still adjusting to, how to read them and at a different pace than other sports articles.

One thing for certain is they are not bad articles. They belong there.

So I legit suggest that you get someone to make a positive blurb and get rid of the self-effacing blathering part. I get it. But I don't think it is time for that yet. I think you should legit tell the readers something positive. If I think of something while I do my chores here at home I will write it in the thread so it can be properly ignored according to tradition.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

Ok heres what i got

Here's the one now :

Pete Rosen is a screenwriter in Los Angeles, lifetime Buffalo fan, and may be found blathering daily at twobillsdrive.com.

Here's my edit:

Los Angeles screenwriter and film maker Peter Rosen focuses his lens on his hometown Buffalo Bills in TBN each week.  Talk football with him any time at twobillsdrive.com.

I put Peter Rosen because it has a better rhythm than Pete Rosen. The rest is self evident for better or worse.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I say get rid of the "blathering" line.

Reading the piece, "blathering"  is redundant.

I kid. Those pieces are about as different as they could be. I'm still adjusting to, how to read them and at a different pace than other sports articles.

One thing for certain is they are not bad articles. They belong there.

So I legit suggest that you get someone to make a positive blurb and get rid of the self-effacing blathering part. I get it. But I don't think it is time for that yet. I think you should legit tell the readers something positive. If I think of something while I do my chores here at home I will write it in the thread so it can be properly ignored according to tradition.

You're no Meanie. You're an imposter! Thanks though.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday morning I get my cup of coffee I turn to TBN....and no Voice of the Fan.

This isn't Hollywood glamour boy. People are expected to show up and meet basic expectations.

Oh, except the team, hmm.

Ok, This isn't Hollywood or the NFL glamour boy. Where's my VOF? My free trail period ended and I don't read the other stuff. So I am paying 50 cents a VOF here. (not counting the extra in-between one you did)