Raiders forum ... unexpected Bills respect

YoloinOhio

I didn't expect to see any sort of respect for the Bills in their forum. Maybe it's just the experiences I have had with Raiders fans at games that I figured they would just be talking ****.

The Bills thread discusses trying to "upset" the Bills (I suppose technically it would be) and how they see them as a WC contender. They also keep referring to the "beast" - which I figured out is Taiwan Jones :lol:

https://raiderforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11767&view=unread&sid=fa1a4c920956d552235e70b1a0d2afda#unread

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't expect to see any sort of respect for the Bills in their forum. Maybe it's just the experiences I have had with Raiders fans at games that I figured they would just be talking ****.

The Bills thread discusses trying to "upset" the Bills (I suppose technically it would be) and how they see them as a WC contender. They also keep referring to the "beast" - which I figured out is Taiwan Jones :lol:

https://raiderforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11767&view=unread&sid=fa1a4c920956d552235e70b1a0d2afda#unread

I'm surprised as well. Your average Raider fan typically hasn't been out of jail long enough to study up on the opponent in any given week. Guess these guys smuggled in cell phones.

I'm surprised as well. Your average Raider fan typically hasn't been out of jail long enough to study up on the opponent in any given week. Guess these guys smuggled in cell phones.

Hey!

They allow internet usage in California prisons now! They don't even have to leave jail anymore

Maybe the disrespect you have had is more to do with yourself and Raiders fans good taste?

haha. I'll never forget the Raider game at The Ralph in 2002. They had Jerry Rice and Tim Brown. It was early in the season and Bledsoe had our offense rolling. I had gotten someone's season ticket and was sitting behind a guy who was in his 80s. STH, minding his own business. Trashy Raiders fans were pouring beer on him and shouting expletives at the poor old man. I had a few words with them but they were beyond wasted. I think they were mostly girls and couldn't have been older than low 20s.

The Bills lost.

haha. I'll never forget the Raider game at The Ralph in 2002. They had Jerry Rice and Tim Brown. It was early in the season and Bledsoe had our offense rolling. I had gotten someone's season ticket and was sitting behind a guy who was in his 80s. STH, minding his own business. Trashy Raiders fans were pouring beer on him and shouting expletives at the poor old man. I had a few words with them but they were beyond wasted. I think they were mostly girls and couldn't have been older than low 20s.

The Bills lost.

That was my first Bills game. I was sitting in the upper deck next to a guy dressed as a Bills clown. Red wig, big red nose, zubaz, a cape, the works. The Raiders had just ended our little comeback with another TD and lone Raider fan in the section, sporting serious plumbers crack, stood up to give us Bills fans another emphatic Nature Boy style "Wooooooooooooo!". The clown threw his beer at him and offered to "come down there and kick your a$$ in front of your kid!". Everyone else around me agreed that was a very good idea. In a rain of popcorn, beer, and verbal abuse, Raider fan grabbed his 7 year old son and made a break for the nearest exit. That's when I knew that this was the team for me.

The Bills lost.

That was my first Bills game. I was sitting in the upper deck next to a guy dressed as a Bills clown. Red wig, big red nose, zubaz, a cape, the works. The Raiders had just ended our little comeback with another TD and lone Raider fan in the section, sporting serious plumbers crack, stood up to give us Bills fans another emphatic Nature Boy style "Wooooooooooooo!". The clown threw his beer at him and offered to "come down there and kick your a$$ in front of your kid!". Everyone else around me agreed that was a very good idea. In a rain of popcorn, beer, and verbal abuse, Raider fan grabbed his 7 year old son and made a break for the nearest exit. That's when I knew that this was the team for me.

I just want to make sure I understand how to react here. We're supposed to be pissed at the stupid Raider fans that were making an ass of themselves, but proud of the Bills fans that were taunting a kid and his dad.

And this is what made you want to be a Bills fan.

Not to be an "Internet Tough Guy" but if I saw either of these incidents I'd quietly talk to the offender, tell them they ought to take their kid to the car if they had one, and then whisper how they really ought to try taking a swing at me so I could kick their ass and still have them jailed.

I just want to make sure I understand how to react here. We're supposed to be pissed at the stupid Raider fans that were making an ass of themselves, but proud of the Bills fans that were taunting a kid and his dad.

Not to be an "Internet Tough Guy" but if I saw either of these incidents I'd quietly talk to the offender, tell them they ought to take their kid to the car if they had one, and then whisper how they really ought to try taking a swing at me so I could kick their ass and still have them jailed.

I was a teenager at the time. Raider fan is still trash. Bills fans not as bad. You're not tough.

I've been to many Raider games, in Oakland and LA, and found them to be some of the best fans---and a ton of fun. Yes, they dress up like idiots, but in my experience, they are really OK. Now, Jet's fans---that's a different story.

I've been to many Raider games, in Oakland and LA, and found them to be some of the best fans---and a ton of fun. Yes, they dress up like idiots, but in my experience, they are really OK. Now, Jet's fans---that's a different story.

Biggest meatheads on the planet, without question.

Just trying to gain perspective here. Who is the offender you want to beat up? the Bills fan jawing with the Raider girls, the Raider girls and guys, the Raider fan w kid, the Bills clown, or the Bills fans giving them the business but not fighting?

If you fight that guy in the parking lot just after he puts his young kid in the car you will likley be mobbed to death by a group of Bills fans. Don't do it.

Edited by cba fan

Our record is 4-2.. which is respectable.. so maybe that's why we're getting love?

I also think we're favored in Vegas (3 points) so they gotta respect that. They are about to move there after all.

i was just expecting more snark about the Bills overall, which is pretty typical on other teams forums (and this one too). Like they're 4-2 but we know that's a fluke or they aren't a real WC contender because it's been 1700 years and no QB, etc. Nothing like that.

only one Raider game out there for me, and yes I had a great time. Now, the extent of my Bills gear is a hat, and i like to think I am not an idiot.