Tre'Davious White negativity...

aceman_16

To think we got a number one and Tre was terrific use of a draft pick. I'm not usually a fan of trading down because stars win you games and titles. But he could be a star.

He was today to end and WIN the game. :)

He's hard on himself but he never lets it get him down and always shows up for the next play. He doesn't hang his head. I really like this kid I think he's going to be a fantastic CB.

Yeah the best part of him getting beat is his seemingly short memory on the field of it.

Yeah the best part of him getting beat is his seemingly short memory on the field of it.

Definitely, he is very focused.

That touchdown he gave up, was that the only time that the Buccaneers targeted White?

It sure looked like they were going after Gaines & Johnson all day, then Wright. I just did not see any passes go against White until that touchdown.

I am truly amazed on how tough he was on himself tonight (and last game) during his post game interview. He was asked IF it was his personality and he agreed it was. I am unsure how to take this. Either lighten up rook or keep the fuel burning. Thoughts?

This is fine. I like it

Goes along with the old saying:

Amateurs practice until they can do it, Pros practice until they can't not do it

I am truly amazed on how tough he was on himself tonight (and last game) during his post game interview. He was asked IF it was his personality and he agreed it was. I am unsure how to take this. Either lighten up rook or keep the fuel burning. Thoughts?

I don't think he needs to lighten up per say. He just needs to learn to move on. That TD he "gave up" was an amazing throw and an even more amazing catch. His coverage was pretty tight. Any tighter they would have probably flagged him. I appreciate his high expectations of himself and he takes what he does seriously and with pride. They got the TD..... be po'ed for that moment but move on. He keeps it up, he'll end up getting inside his own head space and screwing himself up and playing poorly.

Negativity is being down on the team. e.g., "This team sucks" is negativity.

Tre appears to be a perfectionist - critical of himself, always striving for self-improvement, but not negative. e.g., "What can I do to improve the team?"

As long as it's sincere - and to me, it truly is - I think someone who is unwilling to yield to mediocre expectations is a positive thing. He hasn't even played half a season...let the rage burn, let it fuel him to greatness and when his career is over, he can longingly look back and be more balanced in his critique of himself. As long as it's not false humility, then let him use it as a means to be better.

It's good life advice, not just football

I love his mentality. I believe he was the first kid in his family to go to college, stayed an extra year to get his degree, thus far from what i hear and read about him he has top character. To date one of our best 1st rd picks in a long long time.

Just think, up until yesterday he scored more TDs than LeSean McCoy.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Negativity is being down on the team. e.g., "This team sucks" is negativity.

Tre appears to be a perfectionist - critical of himself, always striving for self-improvement, but not negative. e.g., "What can I do to improve the team?"

I disagree. He is negative about himself. He doesn't say "I could be better" as much as he says "I sucked." Cornerback is a position designed to get beat in today's NFL. I just hope he tempers and channels it vs letting it slip out of control. I know MANY perfectists who burn out and perform worse due to this.