Some perspective on Taylor's season so far with a look ahead

I agree Taylor's inconsistency is baffling.

After all, he's throwing to a hopeless head case (who we all hope will get better), multiple punt returners and rejects scrapped off the scrap heap. He's dealing with a running attack which has ranged from poor to nonexistent. He's behind an offensive line which regularly implodes even while Taylor waits for receivers who can't get separation. He was in the top quarter of the league in +20yd pass plays using just a running back and tight end - and then lost the tight end. So you can see why Taylor's inconsistency is so damn puzzling......

How in the world has he managed to play so well so often?

Given all the wreckage around him, isn't that the real inconsistency?

Most QBs would have a difficult time with what the Bills have at the WR position. Many wins this season in the NFL have been under 300 yards passing. I've told a few agenda people that if we do make the playoffs this season with TT, but they are still upset at no 300 yard passing games, then we can forfeit the playoff spot. It's that ridiculous. How can they look forward to Sunday football rooting against a guy who is not terrible. Not great, but far from terrible. It's beyond me.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo I believe Mcdermott and Beane will judge Taylor this season base off of W and L more than anything else. If Taylor leads the Bills to the playoffs or a minimum a winning record I think he is retained. He doesnt have to play great for the Bills to win. If he struggles and the team struggles he is gone at the end of the year.

Edited by Mat68

After all, he's throwing to a hopeless head case (who we all hope will get better), multiple punt returners and rejects scrapped off the scrap heap. He's dealing with a running attack which has ranged from poor to nonexistent. He's behind an offensive line which regularly implodes even while Taylor waits for receivers who can't get separation. He was in the top quarter of the league in +20yd pass plays using just a running back and tight end - and then lost the tight end. So you can see why Taylor's inconsistency is so damn puzzling......

Do you feel better now that you got that out of your system?

I've been digesting it since first reading, and I really can't disagree or be all that surprised. At this point I can't say anybody believes that Taylor is any more or less than exactly what anyone could figure. Any Taylor talk on quality is just beating a dead horse

new flash....

Tyrod is not terrrible!

31st in yards and 27th in points but at least he doesnt turn the ball over. This offense might be bad if he did.

And before the overly sensitive crowd gets emotional and tries to pounce on me with the same nonsense spewed every 14 minutes, I am aware its not all on Tyrod. Try and lighten up.

Edited by Bangarang

Just list the excuses in numerical format so it's easier to follow. No need to get Shakespeare on us.

Lighten up dude. Remember :

"The amity that wisdom knits not folly may easily untie"

Troilus and Cressida, Act II, Scene III, lines 48-49.

Thank you. Context matters in a team sport. That often gets lost among many.

The one positive thing about this nauseating Tyrod debate here over the past while is that it has proven to be a good litmus test to show who watches football with a intelligent and analytical eye, and the other side that talks about wins and losses, 300 yard games and fourth quarter comebacks.

To the latter group, please take it easy on the table jumps tomorrow morning.

If Taylor doesn't get us to the playoffs this year he's done here in Buffalo. Period.

This coaching staff will get their QB this next offseason. It's not peterman.

Bank on it, Cousins, Jimmy G, all the draft guys. Multiple draft picks.

These points are moot. This is his last year unless we're in the playoffs. Than even that might not save him.

a good litmus test to show who watches football with a intelligent and analytical eye, and the other side that talks about wins and losses, 300 yard games and fourth quarter comebacks

I like to sip on Chateau Lafite Rothschild and listen to Chopin while Bills games are on

I'm am on the other side though. Taylor is terrible.

Edited by Game Manager

Was a joke, you know with your multiple bet threads on tyrods stats, this thread in tyrods stats, the thread a couple weeks ago on tyrods stats when the teams trailing, the thread on cam (as compared to Tyrod)

Go count up all the threads I've started since I've been here and come back and tell me I'm wrong.

2 bet threads so far. The Cam thread was purely about Cam until others derailed it.

Nice effort on your part, though :thumbsup:

Go count up all the threads I've started since I've been here and come back and tell me I'm wrong.

2 bet threads so far. The Cam thread was purely about Cam until others derailed it.

Nice effort on your part, though :thumbsup:

Not only is he insufferable in his Tyrod devotion, but he can't take a joke either.