Some perspective on Taylor's season so far with a look ahead

My philosophy? If I wasn't here indulging in pointless arguments on football, I'd be off somewhere posting partisan politics.

(Tho come to think about it, the people on those sites tend to be much more reasonable, understanding and even-handed)

Edited by grb

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to sip on Chateau Lafite Rothschild and listen to Chopin while Bills games are on

I'm am on the other side though. Taylor is terrible.

When you're statistically a top ten AFC quarterback because you build your percentage on a lot of short tosses, but at the same time frequently miss or don't see open receivers and have other limitations, you're not terrible, you're mediocre. BTW, agree that good wine and Chopin would ease the pain when watching the Bills.

If you don't get it you just don't get it. That's not my fault.

Even sarcasm has a bit of truth to it. You need to look at ALL the stats and not cherry pick.

see grb's post about cover1's story ... He broke down the good and bad with the stats,

(no sarcasm in this post)

Shady, you say this as though everyone else is in on all of your jokes, but I think you're in that room all alone, usually.

I understand sarcasm just fine. I'm very sarcastic myself. You seem to use sarcasm as an excuse for some of the misguided things you say. And if you truly are sarcastic so often, you need to work on writing style because a lot of posters don't "get it." grb wouldn't have responded to your sack comment with the negative runs comment if he "got it."

Edited by transplantbillsfan

When you're statistically a top ten AFC quarterback because you build your percentage on a lot of short tosses, but at the same time frequently miss or don't see open receivers and have other limitations, you're not terrible, you're mediocre. BTW, agree that good wine and Chopin would ease the pain when watching the Bills.

And heerrrreeee we go again !!!

Here's an assignment for you, nee Allan :

(1) Go to the official NFL stats for quarterbacks

(2) Note the statistic for +20yd pass plays by a quarterback

(3) Calculate the rate of QBs pushing the ball down the field

(3a) If you're math-challenged, that entails dividing the number of long plays by attempts

What will you find? Taylor is currently sixth in the NFL behind : Goff, Brady, Brees, Cousins, Watson.

Tell us : What kind of Checkdown-Charlie result is that ?!?

Edited by grb

Shady, you say this as though everyone else is in on all of your jokes, but I think you're in that room all alone, usually.

I understand sarcasm just fine. I'm very sarcastic myself. You seem to use sarcasm as an excuse for some of the misguided things you say. And if you truly are sarcastic so often, you need to work on writing style because a lot of posters don't "get it." grb wouldn't have responded to your sack comment with the negative runs comment if he "got it."

Many are. They will comment back then laugh it off.

You seem to use sarcasm as an excuse for some of the misguided things you say.

Umm Hello Captain Obvious. sheesh

Many are. They will comment back then laugh it off.

If you say so, boss. 0:)

Umm Hello Captain Obvious. sheesh

Soooo... you're admitting that you use sarcasm as an escape hatch when you say dumb stuff that you initially did not intend to be sarcastic, rather than just owning up to the fact that what you've said is dumb?

Big of you to admit that, but sad that you do it so consistently.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

LOLs

for goodness sake Transplant What the Fork else is sarcasm meant for?

Saying crap that isn't true.

There's an old saying Fork em if they can't take a joke.

have a nice evening

You seem all upset, why?

There's another old saying, "laugh alone and the world thinks you're an idiot."

Still morning for me, but I'm having a wonderful day, thank you :thumbsup:

.....maybe he is not part of the long term plan, but he's here for the season so work WITH him versus against.......why it took Dennison and Castillo until the bye to make long needed, necessary adjustments with play calls to exploit TT's physical abilities as well as the bumbled zone blocking scheme is mind boggling.......McD preaches consistency and these two have been anything but as far as exploiting talents of existing personnel.....BTW, you STILL draft a QB with a 1st in 2018 IMO even if you possibly see TT as a part of the 2018 club..........."Watson" said something about "elementary my dear Holmes"....Jesus..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy