After watching a weekend of football I feel very optimistic

JerseyBills

I see the type of play going on around the league and think we can definitely hang with any team. I think, if we can just field some NFL caliber WRs, we could definitely have a playoff game (might could even do it if the coaches would scrap this zone block crap and let Tyrod run more).

But... Then I see the league call down from New York, take points off the board, and give the ball to the opposing team. And I think... What does it matter? The league clearly has their favorites and they clearly will do whatever they want to make sure certain teams win.

And that is why it's getting harder to be a fan and watch these games. You get excited thinking you're watching an upset happening, watching a good game, and the league reminds you that nope.. We're not gonna let our favorite teams lose.

Edited by Dan

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either parity has arrived or the QB's in the league are not so great.......

Its sad that teams are winning with 150 yards passing. There have been some awful football played in the nfl this year. Its what makes the Rodgers injury suck so much. One of the few qbs worth watching.

I see the type of play going on around the league and think we can definitely hang with any team. I think, if we can just field some NFL caliber WRs, we could definitely have a playoff game (might could even do it if the coaches would scrap this zone block crap and let Tyrod run more).

But... Then I see the league call down from New York, take points off the board, and give the ball to the opposing team. And I think... What does it matter? The league clearly has their favorites and they clearly will do whatever they want to make sure certain teams win.

And that is why it's getting harder to be a fan and watch these games. You get excited thinking you're watching an upset happening, watching a good game, and the league reminds you that nope.. We're not gonna let our favorite teams lose.

Clearly, the nfl has NE as a favorite since they suspended Tom Brady for 4 games. The nfl has some major issues but they dont care who wins. They are just incompetent and stupid with their rules.

Then the point was off-point. The reason there are no dominant teams is because it's early.

Later in the season there will be dominant teams.

Every year people say anyone can win the Super Bowl if you make the playoffs. Every year there are a bunch of teams that make the playoffs as complete fodder teams with no chance outside a couple of plane crashes. And those teams lose. The same will be true this year. The better teams will get better as the season goes along. There will be a very small group of very good teams.

There are no dominant teams because there are no dominant teams. All have weaknesses more than ever this season.

Mariota is stinking it up at home versus Indy

The SB is up for grabs.

Mariota was stinking it up ? He started off with a couple of poorly thrown balls but after that he played very well. Consider that he was forced into being a pocket passer which is not his usual style and still he played well.

And, SB is up for grabs ? You think teams like the Browns, Bills, 49ers, Rodger-less Pack,Bears,....... are capable of winning the SB ??

Clearly, the nfl has NE as a favorite since they suspended Tom Brady for 4 games. The nfl has some major issues but they dont care who wins. They are just incompetent and stupid with their rules.

And yet they still won the Super Bowl. And 4 game suspension after getting caught cheating during a game. Players get more suspension time for off the field bar fights.

I agree the league is incompetent and stupid with their rules. The fact that ...no one... knows what a catch is any more is all you need to look at. However, its more than just coincidental that a small few teams, with New England's team being at the top of the list, benefit more frequently and at more critical junctures in the game than the lesser hyped teams.

Hard to be optimistic knowing your team is only strong in 2 phases and terrible in the one that many feel is most important.

So much anxiety with this team and it's hard not to be concerned about where things are heading if this team comes out of the bye week and loses against the 2-3 Bucs.

Hard to be optimistic knowing your team is only strong in 2 phases and terrible in the one that many feel is most important.

So much anxiety with this team and it's hard not to be concerned about where things are heading if this team comes out of the bye week and loses against the 2-3 Bucs.

Ryan will light up NE's(your team) defense.

You are one miserable mutherphucker.

Can't you just sit out a few threads? Just sit them out. Accept that we've all heard everything your noggin' can bring to the table in the copioius mind-numbingly sadsack threads you somehow think people want to read.

Please. I'm asking nicely. Sit out some threads. Maybe start a blog where you can post all your thoughts, and keep them there, and leave the rest of us alone.

At this point in the season it does feel a little more wide open than normal. There are no real dominant teams. And the teams picked as favorites have looked vulnerable and lost games.

What I see with this current Bills team is a group that certainly seems to be playing for each other. And if that's something we can pick up on after five games then that speaks rather strongly of McDermott as a head coach already. We've been hearing "this team needs a culture change" to the point where it seems cliche, but right now it looks like McD has these guys playing for each other. They look determined and eager to defy the odds each week.

I think one of the biggest improvements so far has been them not beating themselves with bad penalties or costly mistakes, that's another positive for McD.

As nice as it's been to see the improvements and enjoy some big wins, I feel like the depth issues will cost them down the stretch.

It's difficult not to get your hopes up because we've been fooled so many times before but at this point, I do believe they're headed in the right direction with a solid plan and a clear vision of what they want to do in terms of building this team and developing their own style of play.

How much enough to get this guy out of here

I still see us as warming up and learning the new way. Without many words I see buy in, patience and morale improving. I'm excited.

This is exactly what I feel.. Feels good!!!

There are no dominant teams because there are no dominant teams. All have weaknesses more than ever this season.

Exactly. By week 7 , you usually see 2-3 teams that are on another level, we don't have that this year, especially with the Rodgers injury. Again,I don't see NE bouncing back like usual, I think they'll struggle throughout the year.

For starters , I'm grateful to have Taylor. He had a rough outing in 2/5 games, but you look around the league and you can count on one hand on qbs that show consistentcy. I think he'll adapt this offense. Just from watching Taylor for 5 weeks, #2 and #7 defenses , On The Road, btw, I've actually became grateful to have him and optimistic he will improve our offense, get us scoring again. He has consistently not turn the ball over. Looked very good in 3/5 games,and nobody mentions the other 2 games were on the road versus a top 10 D. Mariota is stinking it up at home versus Indy

The SB is up for grabs.

And I think we are in the mix. Again , no consistentcy. We've been consistent on D and ST , most teams I've seen weren't consistent in much. NE is definitely a shell of last year's team. There will be no rebound, they're going to struggle to win week in and out. The East will be up for grabs.. the rest of the AFC I look at these teams and they all look beatable.

I believe in this team,they have an aura about them. They carry themselves like winners, I just get such positive vibes that this team can improve and put themselves right in the middle of the contenders

After all the doom n gloom around here. I can really appreciate this post 4 what it is.

We have a solid defense and a QB that wont turn the ball over. If we can start playing better offense, theres no reason why we cant make a late run into the divisional round?

Not buying it. The NFL is a shining example of a well run organization, and the most surefire way to insure your demise is to lose the global market that sustains you, and that's exactly what will happen if the football season begins to resemble reruns of Gilligan's Island or Bonanza.

Those five or six perennial winners are not because of some Machiavellian Big Brother but instead the product of either solid, well run franchises like Green Bay or having the dumb luck to land generational talent like the patsies*** that can mitigate short comings elsewhere.

Green Bay will always lurk at the top, close to the trophy year after year. Father Time will take care of the patsies*** and their ilk. Parity will insure the rise of new blood and keep the NFL rollin' along. You have to look no further than our own SB Bills to see how it works. It's safe to say another run like the patsies*** will not happen again. Let's just hope our new owner is the cornerstone for building a winning tradition, because that's where it has to start.

This is exactly what I feel.. Feels good!!!

Exactly. By week 7 , you usually see 2-3 teams that are on another level, we don't have that this year, especially with the Rodgers injury. Again,I don't see NE bouncing back like usual, I think they'll struggle throughout the year.

Read between the lines

He's saying that

as an excuse for the man he worships.

After all the doom n gloom around here. I can really appreciate this post 4 what it is.

We have a solid defense and a QB that wont turn the ball over. If we can start playing better offense, theres no reason why we cant make a late run into the divisional round?

Or further. Im not too down on our O.. played a top 3 D on road, second road game in row.Just like TB will be dealing with Sun.

Next 4 are big in our favor, 2 @home,1 very close in Jersey and back home. Gotta go 3-1 minimum and really confident we could

I still see us as warming up and learning the new way. Without many words I see buy in, patience and morale improving. I'm excited.

I agree Boyst. Coupled with what you've posted - the possibility for improvement lives in that environment. In season improvement is something we haven't seen in many years.