11-19-0 and 128 yards passing, with a convincing NFL win

Foreigner

Shall we add from yesterday Trubisky 8-16-0-113 with the Bears winning with 27 points,

Goff 11-21-0-124 with the Rams winning with 27 points.

Drafting a QB you want and hope to throw for 300 every game to make the playoffs, is unlikely to happen.

The Bills started a trend back to ground-and-pound to win games?

Edited by LittleJoeCartwright

On the other hand, let's review most yards :

(1) Trevor Siemian - 376 yds, loss

(2) Josh McCown,- 354 yds, loss

(3) Kirk Cousins - 330 yds, Win

(4) Matthew Stafford, 312 yds, loss

(5) Ryan Fitzpatrick, 290 yds, loss

And even Kirk was a near-run thing against lowly San Francisco......

If Army can win with 0 yards passing, why not the Bills?

On the other hand, let's review most yards :

(1) Trevor Siemian - 376 yds, loss

(2) Josh McCown,- 354 yds, loss

(3) Kirk Cousins - 330 yds, Win

(4) Matthew Stafford, 312 yds, loss

(5) Ryan Fitzpatrick, 290 yds, loss

And even Kirk was a near-run thing against lowly San Francisco......

And on the third hand...

1) Goff...124 yds...Win

2) Wentz...222 yds...Win

3) Flacco...180 yds...Win

4) Watson...225 yds...Win

5) Brady...257 yds...Win

6) Keenum...239 yds...Win

7) Rivers...268 yds...Win

8) Big Ben...252 yds...Win

9) Eli...128 yds(!)...Win

10) Brees...186 yds...Win (scored 52 points)

11) Palmer...283 yds...Win

Common denominator? Not a 300 yard game in the bunch. The only one I recall was Cousins at 330 to Beatherd's 235...and won by only 2 points.

This is a pretty lame Tyrod thread.

It has nothing to do with passing yards. It all 100% boils down to how many TD's your offense can score as a unit. If you O can't muster up 2 TD's a game there are big problems in your offense.

Edited by Real McCoy

And on the third hand...

1) Goff...124 yds...Win

2) Wentz...222 yds...Win

3) Flacco...180 yds...Win

4) Watson...225 yds...Win

5) Brady...257 yds...Win

6) Keenum...239 yds...Win

7) Rivers...268 yds...Win

8) Big Ben...252 yds...Win

9) Eli...128 yds(!)...Win

10) Brees...186 yds...Win (scored 52 points)

11) Palmer...283 yds...Win

Common denominator? Not a 300 yard game in the bunch. The only one I recall was Cousins at 330 to Beatherd's 235...and won by only 2 points.

Exactly!

Passing should be discouraged and in fact, a completed pass should result in a fine for not only Tyrod, but also for the receiver.

Zay Jones saw it coming and decided to begin spiking the ball instead of catching it.

If a monetary fine is against the CBA, then a pink belly or a whack with a lawn chair.

It has nothing to do with passing yards. It all 100% boils down to how many TD's your offense can score as a unit. If you O can't muster up 2 TD's a game there are big problems in your offense.

You haven't followed the 12,000 threads that relied on the failure of Tyrod to regularly throw 300+ yard games to "prove" he's no good?

If Army can win with 0 yards passing, why not the Bills?

After all, Army beat Hitler with zero yards passing, so there is that precedence......

(had a heck of a ground game though)

Edited by grb

I guess when you tell the QB we are cutting your salary millions this year, trading all your WR's, have to

stay in the pocket, we are running no Qb option plays for you, and you can't audible, let us see how you

do with the offense this year, but we love you anyway so get us to the playoffs or else-------.

Thats funny bc for 30+ games all we heard here is that TT sucks bc of passing yards while we were scoring as a top 10 offense. But now passing yards no longer matter. The posts shift so quickly in this forum i have to strap myself in.

The Bills were 7th in the league last year at offensive TDs and that included the dumpsterfire last Jets game. I'm willing to bet your argument was different then.

Edited by Scott7975

This is Funny you do know the Giants are 1-5 right

For all the Tyrod haters out there, and all the non believers who say you can not win in the NFL

with the above QB numbers, the 0-5 Giants defeated the Broncos last night in Denver 23-10.

This result with the Giants losing their top 4 receivers due to injury. For the Giants TE Engram

was 5-82 and the Giants total offense was only 266 yards. Maybe we can have a very successful season if the OL can open up enough holes in the run game to get Shady going again, and with the

Giants start and non playoff appearances Eli is not getting killed like Tyrod is. Denver's QB's

threw for 394 yards. Just sayin.

Just what we needed an Anti Anti Taylor thread!!!

+ 1

Seriously freaking AAA!!!

The Tyrod Taylor apologists "Defense League" just won't quit.

Foreigner

Tyrod just sucks: Nobody hating him. Geez

yes. This is much more helpful than the pro Tyrod Threads that we have so many of.

well. It's the bye week. The Bills have NO passing game, and the starting QB feels he's being judged too harshly. :cry:

To be fair neither will the start Peterman "Pom Pom League" either

I don't know the official count, however as a Bills fan I have come to know the NEXT QB up holds much more promise than any current QB the Bills may be rolling out there.

Seriously, they (The Bills) KNEW how bad E.J. was, wound't run him out there, but we don't know how bad Peterman is. MY guess is we will find out sometime before the season

ends.

TT is not going to get better, or improve, or progressing or whatever. He is a sack waiting to happen.

In your opinion, how many of the 31 other starting QB's suck?

This sucks:

1. Buffalo Bills at 03:33
  2. 4-R.Bullock kicks 65 yards from CIN 35 to end zone, Touchback.
  3. 1-10-BUF 25(3:33) 5-T.Taylor sacked at BUF 20 for -5 yards (90-M.Johnson).
  4. 2-15-BUF 20(3:00) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass short left to 25-L.McCoy to BUF 20 for no gain (90-M.Johnson).
  5. 3-15-BUF 20(2:22) (Shotgun) 5-T.Taylor pass deep right intended for 11-Z.Jones INTERCEPTED by 43-G.Iloka at BUF 43. 43-G.Iloka to BUF 29 for 14 yards (84-N.O'Leary).

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017100800/2017/REG5/bills@bengals#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000858246&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

The key point was they also ran up and down on them because Eli without every WR still poses more of a threat than Ty's arm.

You mean a Hall of Fame QB who has been paired up with McAdoo now since 2014 is better than Tyrod and Dennison? You're really going out on a limb aren't you.

Edited by bobobonators

I!m not saying you are wrong, but it is debatable. You have to blame some of that 0-5 on him, and TT gets almost no credit for 3-2. Eli is almost immobile as a statue, whereas TT's legs are not used by our OC. Eli will always be remembered for his two rings, no matter how much his play has declined lately, and TT will always be remembered as a failed QB in the draught.

Who is to say how many of the other 31 QB's would have won a SB if they had Eli's supporting cast. That is one question we will never know the answer to.

I!m not saying you are wrong, but it is debatable. You have to blame some of that 0-5 on him, and TT gets almost no credit for 3-2. Eli is almost immobile as a statue, whereas TT's legs are not used by our OC. Eli will always be remembered for his two rings, no matter how much his play has declined lately, and TT will always be remembered as a failed QB in the draught.

Who is to say how many of the other 31 QB's would have won a SB if they had Eli's supporting cast. That is one question we will never know the answer to.

Buffalo 1 st in league D points allowed, and 31 in league O yards / game.

They are not winning because of great QB play.

For all the Tyrod haters out there, and all the non believers who say you can not win in the NFL

with the above QB numbers, the 0-5 Giants defeated the Broncos last night in Denver 23-10.

This result with the Giants losing their top 4 receivers due to injury. For the Giants TE Engram

was 5-82 and the Giants total offense was only 266 yards. Maybe we can have a very successful season if the OL can open up enough holes in the run game to get Shady going again, and with the

Giants start and non playoff appearances Eli is not getting killed like Tyrod is. Denver's QB's

threw for 394 yards. Just sayin.

Dude, absolutely nobody ever has said that you can't win a single game with numbers like those. And a single game is what the Giants won. Of course you can win a game or two. Hell, we've won seven and eight games, so don't pretend you're countering something anyone has actually said.

Lets all strive for 190 passing yards a game across the NFL. What fun that would be.!!!

the winning teams do..the exception is Brady

The winning teams do strive for 190 yards per game passing? Seriously?

We must have 26 winning teams in the NFL then, because that's how many average 190 yards per game. Heck the top nine teams average 250 and up. Including KC and the Eagles, the winningest teams in the league. The teams averaging 190 yards passing per game or less are the Raiders, Titans, Bears, Jags, Bills, Ravens and Dolphins.

Edited by Thurman#1

I'll say this again...Aaron Rodgers is 1-35 when trailing by more than 1 point in the 4th quarter against winning teams.

The stat is bad but there is more to it than just QB. For instance I bet one of those losses was the Miami game when Tyrod gave this team a lead with a minute and small change left to play. I bet another loss was the Seattle game where Taylor drove us down to the red zone only to hav e 1 receiver knocked down on his rear and two others totally mugged and no flag.

That's cherrypicking the list.

When you look at the list that that stat presents, it's good QBs at the top and bad QBs at the bottom. Like pretty much every stat, there's an exception that proves the rule, in this case Rodgers. Doesn't mean it's not a very useful and telling stat.

4th quarter comeback leaders for the last 50 years (career) are, in order ... Peyton, Brady, Marino, Unitas, Elway, Montana, Favre, Manning, Tarkenton, Roethlisberger, Testaverde, Brees, Moon, Stafford, Romo, Ryan, Bledsoe, Fouts, Krieg, Rivers and YA Tittle. That's a very strong list.

The list of the same stat for active QBs is also overall very strong at the top and weak at the bottom.

Edited by Thurman#1

Football isn't about numbers. Regardless of your side in the TT debate, judging him solely on numbers isn't fair. Football is a game of inches, it's about making clutch plays at the right time. TT fails at this more often than he succeeds. We are 4-2 if he makes a quick read and gets the ball to Logan Thomas. Instead, he chose to wave him into the endzone. We missed a chance to put seven on the board, and eventually lost a game we would have likely won otherwise.

They are 4-1 if Jones can catch.

None of us know what route Thomas was supposed to be running. But I agree, a quick throw there beats the LB and Thomas should score. TT was too conservative there.

The only thing I get out of this is our wins against the Broncos and the Falcons arent as big as we thought. Sorry, but they aint as strong as they were hyped up to be.. Good thing is, I think a lot of teams are trying to find themselves right now. Nobody is undefeated and only 2 teams are sitting at 5-1. Its tighter then usual at this point.

Im not to concerned about Taylor yards, just more concerned that when put in passing situations he fails miserably. We could be 4-1 or 5-0 if he could run a 2 minute offense. That will come back to haunt us. Games vary each week on both sides of the ball, when you have opportunities to win these games you look to your QB. Sadly, what people dont realize is, if Taylor was better in these situations we may have been to the playoffs already.... And im sure ill get a lot of responses on how bad our D was, which is true. But if you have the ball at the end of the game and we need points to win or tie, it all starts with the QB. You cant change that.

Edited by BananaB

The winning teams do strive for 190 yards per game passing? Seriously?

We must have 26 winning teams in the NFL then, because that's how many average 190 yards per game. Heck the top nine teams average 250 and up. Including KC and the Eagles, the winningest teams in the league. The teams averaging 190 yards passing per game or less are the Raiders, Titans, Bears, Jags, Bills, Ravens and Dolphins.

That was sarcasm Thrum.

A while back I said I would like to see TT pass for 300 yards, then the Champions latched onto that # as being a bridge too far. Hence all the 300 yard posts.

Once and a while would be nice. AND when he does it a big fat W to go along with it.

BTW... Mariota passed for 300 and a W last night.

• 2 weeks later...