Niners shopping Carlos Hyde

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would absolutely deal a late round pick for him. Hyde is a good back. This team lacks playmakers. You can use him and Shady like Atlanta does. It will keep them fresher. Just give Hyde every touch that Tolbert has been getting.

Yup. Fine with a day 3 pick to actually solidify our only viable strength on offense. If we have any chance of going anywhere it's keeping McCoy healthy, having anything behind him in case he goes down and riding the defense.

Running back stands a better chance than WR for contributing quickly too

I would absolutely deal a late round pick for him. Hyde is a good back. This team lacks playmakers. You can use him and Shady like Atlanta does. It will keep them fresher. Just give Hyde every touch that Tolbert has been getting.

He's playing for his next contract as a 2018 UFA I doubt he'd want to get 10-12 carries a game behind Shady on one of the weakest running teams in the league. So he'd likely be just a rental...

He's playing for his next contract as a 2018 UFA I doubt he'd want to get 10-12 carries a game behind Shady on one of the weakest running teams in the league. So he'd likely be just a rental...

or he coul find he would flourish with the right system that doesn't overuse him thus extending his career and $$ overall.

That's a different story. They aren't getting a 3rd for a FA.

I would be shocked if they were going for anything less. He's bound for a late third/fourth as a comp pick if he walks.

They are hoping a playoff contender loses an RB and decides to over pay to make a run. IMO.

Edited by jmc12290

I would be shocked if they were going for anything less. He's bound for a late third/fourth as a comp pick if he walks.

They are hoping a playoff contender loses an RB and decides to over pay to make a run. IMO.

The comp picks at the end of the 3rd are around a 10m per year salary qualifier. I may be out of touch on how Hyde is viewed but what kind of deal is he projected for? That seems very high.