Week 7 prospect watch

YoloinOhio

Really hoping Baker Mayfield has a solid game against an improving Texas D....

Like this kids moxey, how he handles himself, seems to be playing good football at the QB spot too...he intrigues me

he will never play for this football team if the McBeane's are serious about the process and the type of men they want

why? because he was arrested for being a drunk college kid once????

From the Baker Mayfield thread: "Baker Mayfield is a complete and total a-hole. He was a walk on at Texas Tech and had a good freshman year but then demanded he be given the starting job over Mahomes without competing and earning it. Coach said no so he just left without telling anyone and enrolled at Oklahoma without even telling Stoops or asking if he could have an opportunity to walk on. Oklahoma is in the same conference and Texas Tech still held his rights so they blocked the transfer and Mayfield wasn't able to play in 2015 as a result. He won the job in 2016 and obviously had a great year, 4th in Heisman voting. Then he got arrested for public intoxication and trying to run from the cops. There's a pretty funny video of 3 cops tackling him. Somehow he wasn't suspended for that incident. He also keeps a "hit list" on his phone for anyone that has ever said anything bad about him that he says he uses for motivation. Biggest knock on him besides being an a-hole is that he's only about 5'11ish. He's probably a 4th round or later guy."

That was my analysis before this season. Add to that the in-game a-hole antics like trash talking players and fans, planting the flag at ohio state, talking crap online. Lots of stories about him partying a lot. He's a jerk in the same mold as Johnny Manziel. i wouldn't want him being the leader of my football team.

From the Baker Mayfield thread: "Baker Mayfield is a complete and total a-hole. He was a walk on at Texas Tech and had a good freshman year but then demanded he be given the starting job over Mahomes without competing and earning it. Coach said no so he just left without telling anyone and enrolled at Oklahoma without even telling Stoops or asking if he could have an opportunity to walk on. Oklahoma is in the same conference and Texas Tech still held his rights so they blocked the transfer and Mayfield wasn't able to play in 2015 as a result. He won the job in 2016 and obviously had a great year, 4th in Heisman voting. Then he got arrested for public intoxication and trying to run from the cops. There's a pretty funny video of 3 cops tackling him. Somehow he wasn't suspended for that incident. He also keeps a "hit list" on his phone for anyone that has ever said anything bad about him that he says he uses for motivation. Biggest knock on him besides being an a-hole is that he's only about 5'11ish. He's probably a 4th round or later guy."

That was my analysis before this season. Add to that the in-game a-hole antics like trash talking players and fans, planting the flag at ohio state, talking crap online. Lots of stories about him partying a lot. He's a jerk in the same mold as Johnny Manziel. i wouldn't want him being the leader of my football team.

ahhhh interesting, thanks. Did not know some of that about him.

Some might interpret a lot of those antics as being cocky/confident, others would say its "a-hole" attitude. But you are likely correct in thinking he isn't the type McBeane would invest in.

As far as the whole leaving TT after "demanding to be the starter" and walking on to Oklahoma....seems he was right about that decision though, eh?

Edited by PaattMaann

ahhhh interesting, thanks. Did not know some of that about him.

Some might interpret a lot of those antics as being cocky/confident, others would say its "a-hole" attitude. But you are likely correct in thinking he isn't the type McBeane would invest in.

As far as the whole leaving TT after "demanding to be the starter" and walking on to Oklahoma....seems he was right about that decision though, eh?

I see signs each step along the journey that shows that he handles situations poorly. Very similar to what we saw from Johnny Football a few years back. I think in the professional ranks you want someone who is a professional and handles themselves the right way. The McBeane's have shown a propensity to go for the high character guys so I don't think this is someone they would want to stake their reputation on at such an important position

Really good matchup in the Texas/Oklahoma game - Sooners TE Mark Andrews vs Longhorns LB Malik Jefferson.

Really like both of those players, which is why they are in the sig.

Jefferson is a sideline to sideline backer with big play making ability.

Andrews is a giant WR and runs great routes, is still hurt?

Its going to look silly when he goes in the 5th or 6th round that he was talked about as a 1st rounder.

Solid guy with no elite skills in a Pass happy offense where everyone puts up monster numbers.

And I bet we end up taking him after passing on other QBs in next year's draft. It'll be the Bills thing to do.

And I bet we end up taking him after passing on other QBs in next year's draft. It'll be the Bills thing to do.

Aren't there enough real things to criticize, with bitching about things the FO hasn't even done and probably won't do?

Will Grier of WVU.

He's a junior and just led WVU to an upset of Texas Tech

Let's Go..........

I think he was the one who got suspended or kicked out of UF for PEDs?

Beane was at Falk's game last night

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.