Destination Cousins: Nine Places Kirk Could Play in 2018

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cousins will probably be the cream of the crop in terms of possible FA options next year.

But have to believe both Rivers and Eli Manning will be available assuming they are willing to be traded or play for another team at this stage of their career.

Of course the bills could simply play Peterman now and find out if he's the guy, and speaking of Cousins some scouting reports compared Peterman to him before he was drafted and Cousins was also a mid round pick.

Cousins will probably be the cream of the crop in terms of possible FA options next year.

But have to believe both Rivers and Eli Manning will be available assuming they are willing to be traded or play for another team at this stage of their career.

Of course the bills could simply play Peterman now and find out if he's the guy, and speaking of Cousins some scouting reports compared Peterman to him before he was drafted and Cousins was also a mid round pick.

He will join Shanahan in SF with any luck and take a QB needy team out of ppotentially drafting one ahead of us...

Wait, are you suggesting that Rivers or Eli would be more attractive options than Cousins?

Cousins is good, but not great, and somebody is going to greatly overpay him. I would not want Cousins at the price he's going to command.

Particularly since he's going to need receivers to throw to, and I have little hope that problem's going to be fixed before 2019.

Wait, are you suggesting that Rivers or Eli would be more attractive options than Cousins?

No just suggesting they may be options. But realistically I don't see us landing Cousins because he'll either stay with Washington or go to a team willing to make him one of the top paid QB's in the NFL.

Still believe we draft a QB next year though anyway since that's obviously the new regime's plan so it's a moot point anyway.

Cousins has proven that he should be mentioned with the upper tier QBs of the league. It would be crazy if the Redskins let him walk but if they did Buffalo should be all over it.

If the 'skins have to tag him again next year, it will be for about $35mil for the season. I don't think they can handle that....Cousins, then, will become a free agent imho.

Give me Tyrod, peterman, and a top rookie Qb vs 30 mil a year for Cousins. He is good. He is not special or franchise altering.

You have not been paying attention the past two and a half years. Cousins continues to be underrated because he was a mid round pick and struggled with turnovers his first couple years as a starter. That's in the past.

Cousins is good, but not great, and somebody is going to greatly overpay him. I would not want Cousins at the price he's going to command.

Particularly since he's going to need receivers to throw to, and I have little hope that problem's going to be fixed before 2019.

God, I hate writing this ..... I agree with you, Tom.

Shanahan and Cousins are pretty close and I think that is an important consideration over the highest offer.

Yeah I can see that, But San Fran is a complete dumpster fire. Since Harbaugh left they have had 3 coaches and went 5-11, 2-14 and are now 0-5 this season. Who's to say how long Shanahan will even be their HC. Cousins has played a ton of football since he played for Kyle. Why would he go to San Fran when the money will be the same and he can walk into a stable situation where he can win now.

I just think the media is overstating Kirk's desire to be reunited with Kyle.

You have not been paying attention the past two and a half years. Cousins continues to be underrated because he was a mid round pick and struggled with turnovers his first couple years as a starter. That's in the past.

I am aware of his numbers. I am aware of what he has done. There is also a reason why he was not extended. Im just not willing to pay Cousin somewhere in the 30 mil range 5 yr 130-150 is not something I would do for Cousins. I keep Taylor as a bridge and draft a top QB this year. If I have to give up an extra 1st to do it.

Yeah I can see that, But San Fran is a complete dumpster fire. Since Harbaugh left they have had 3 coaches and went 5-11, 2-14 and are now 0-5 this season. Who's to say how long Shanahan will even be their HC. Cousins has played a ton of football since he played for Kyle. Why would he go to San Fran when the money will be the same and he can walk into a stable situation where he can win now.

I agree. It seems the idea that Cousins to SF is a done deal is based largely on speculation, not to say it couldn't happen, of course...

He and GM John Lynch have six year deals. They'll be around for a while.

He and GM John Lynch have six year deals. They'll be around for a while.

They signed Chip Kelly to a four year contract, and Tomsula also had a 4 year deal. Each one lasted one year. This team is looking at 1-2 win season this year. Shanahan's seat will start warming up if he struggles again in 2018. I think he has a 2-3 year leash.

I stand by my original comments if the money is the same no way do I see Cousins playing for a team like the 49ers.

They signed Chip Kelly to a four year contract, and Tomsula also had a 4 year deal. Each one lasted one year. This team is looking at 1-2 win season this year. Shanahan's seat will start warming up if he struggles again in 2018. I think he has a 2-3 year leash.

I stand by my original comments if the money is the same no way do I see Cousins playing for a team like the 49ers.

The 49'ers organization has been incompetent.

Jim Tomsula was a fill in, because they weren't prepared for Harbaugh to leave. Tomsula was never going to be the future for them.

They thought that a change of scenery for Chip Kelly would work.....it didn't.

The 49'ers are starting all over with Shanahan and Lynch. They know they are not going to do anything this year, so they are going through the rebuilding process. They will give Shanahan & Lynch time.

If the skins opt to not Franchise him at $35 million and he hits FA pay the guy. You put him on this roster with 6 picks in the first three rounds and look out. You put him on this roster this season and the Bills are probably 5-0 heading into the Bye week. Go watch a skins game, compare him to TT and its laughable.

The only issue with that contract on this team is it probably leading to losing some talent as we don't have that kind of cap space to just add a Cousins. As we've build this team around a budget QB and we'd need a budget QB to continue the course or hit on a rookie since they make considerably less than franchise type QBs like Cousins would sign for.