The All-22 reveals some pretty ugly football against Bengals

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps.

No doubt that once looking at the film, Tyrod will wish he had attempted the throw earlier. But that is because he now knows what the outcome ended up being by waiting. But if anyone realistically puts themselves in Tyrod's shoes it is incredibly easy to see how the QB is thinking "Dude - just adjust your angle slightly and you are wide open for a gimme touchdown." I think that is why he hesitated. He waited for the easy "gimme" touchdown that never materialized because he forgot he is playing with rookies.

It has absolutely nothing to do with hindsight.

The screenshot below is where Taylor's release point should be. He should be throwing a nice and easy pass to the 6-6 Thomas (with a 3-4 yard cushion) over the 6-2 Nick Vigil that hits his hands right on the '0' digit. Your average NFL quarterback attempts this throw right here.

THROW THE DAMN BALL, TYROD!

post-17182-0-48286400-1507724390.jpg

post-17182-0-48286400-1507724390_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wayne Arnold

Where is the weekly ALL22 breakdown of Shady rushing for negative yards every other play?

I want screenshots of the holes shady misses. I want them blown up and pasted here.

Our highly-paid RB is avg 3 ypc on the season and our rushing attack is non-existent. I want a breakdown of that problem.

Tyrod's numbers at the end of the day are what theyve always been. He had a below average game even for his standards. We are all aware of Tyrod's limitations and strengths. None of his strengths came out vs the Bengals partly by design and partly by his own play.

Now, back to Shady and his 3ypc...

Shady has 0 rushing TD this season. I want an all22 breakdown of why Shady cant score when we're in the red zone.

And please spare me "they load up the box".

Where is the weekly ALL22 breakdown of Shady rushing for negative yards every other play?

I want screenshots of the holes shady misses. I want them blown up and pasted here.

Our highly-paid RB is avg 3 ypc on the season and our rushing attack is non-existent. I want a breakdown of that problem.

Tyrod's numbers at the end of the day are what theyve always been. He had a below average game even for his standards. We are all aware of Tyrod's limitations and strengths. None of his strengths came out vs the Bengals partly by design and partly by his own play.

Shady has 0 rushing TD this season. I want an all22 breakdown of why Shady cant score when we're in the red zone.

Stay tuned.

Say again?

pass-chart_TAY764868_2017-reg-1_15050817pass-chart_TAY764868_2017-reg-5_15074941

This isn't a particularly solid argument.

One complaint about Taylor is he does not throw downfield over the middle and this infographic displays the truth of that statement.

He has a ton of little three second - 3 yard dinkers, but only 5 passes over the middle downfield (10 yards or more).

If anything, it is more depressing. He holds the ball forever, only to toss a 3 yard pass.

He is Groundhog Day.

You can say spare me all you want but it's exactly what the defense is doing. They are completely focusing on stopping the run because it's our only way of beating teams. They know we can't beat them passing the ball. That's because of Taylor, our lack of WR core and protection issues.....it's a collective fail.

Shady isn't the problem.

Just saw some all 22 on Instagram. So frustrating to watch Tyrod miss wide open recievers. He misses windows. Don't know why he's so hesitant

I'm pretty sure he just straight up doesn't see it. His height is a disadvantage for sure, this is why he's so inconsistent throwing from the pocket and why they need to continue to move him around in order to give him better visibility and clearer windows to throw into.

It has absolutely nothing to do with hindsight.

The screenshot below is where Taylor's release point should be. He should be throwing a nice and easy pass to the 6-6 Thomas (with a 3-4 yard cushion) over the 6-2 Nick Vigil that hits his hands right on the '0' digit. Your average NFL quarterback attempts this throw right here.

THROW THE DAMN BALL, TYROD!

post-17182-0-48286400-1507724390.jpg

TT was not the problem here - the tight end was supposed to take the route to the endzone - he wanted the TE to get deeper for the TD...similar mistake was made by rookie WR in carolina last play,,,but ya lets blame QB

You just continue to make utterly stupid statements like the above bolded here on TSW.

3 QB's win 10-11 games every year.........Rodgers, Brady and Russell Wilson..........and sometimes teams with bad QB play win 10+ games........or even a SB.

What are you arguing for? Bad qbing play? The issue with Taylor isn't that he is bad because he isn't. The issue is whether he is good enough and whether you can find a better qb.

No doubt different teams are constructed differently. Unquestionably some modestly successful teams can be built with at best average qbs. You don't have to have a great qb to be successful because there are few qbs available in that lofty category. (As you noted.) But if you want to have sustained success the odds exponentially increase if you have a good franchise qb who can play a well rounded game. We don't have that now.

TT was not the problem here - the tight end was supposed to take the route to the endzone - he wanted the TE to get deeper for the TD...similar mistake was made by rookie WR in carolina last play,,,but ya lets blame QB

No. Initially the tight end ran the route he was supposed to and TT held the ball longer than he was supposed to. However, once TT then moved to his right the TE should go into scramble drill mode and head to the endzone and didn't because he was lost.

Phase 1 of the play - on TT

Phase 2 of the play - on Logan Thomas.

A few things when viewing ALL22

Original poster points to a hilitie about what Aaron Rogers did (usually its about what Tom Brady did on a hilite)

Also ALL22 viewers should be so play by critical of evry qb in the league - they would be surprised that all QBs miss out on open WR somnewhere downfield - especially when they experience the pressure Tyrod faces behind this patch work line.

Also I love the idea of throwing guys open and having chemistry with these receivers and system which are all new...but ya lets compare to Brady & Rogers who have been using the same offensive systems for a decade

After the stinker in Buffalo, McCown has played better than Tyrod.

Factoring in all attempts, McCown is averaging 1.8 fewer attempts per game (37.2 vs 35.4), 1 more yard per game (189.2 vs 190.2), they have exactly the same TDs (6) and McCown has 6 turnovers to Tyrod's 2. And that's before pointing out that per your own link Tyrod has a better passer rating (albeit slightly) and a better ANY/A. If that's totally outplaying someone you're watching the wrong sport.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Of course Taylor is the problem here. Look at the picture.

Factoring in all attempts, McCown is averaging 1.8 fewer attempts per game (37.2 vs 35.4), 1 more yard per game (189.2 vs 190.2), they have exactly the same TDs (6) and McCown has 6 turnovers to Tyrod's 2. And that's before pointing out that per your own link Tyrod has a better passer rating (albeit slightly) and a better ANY/A. If that's totally outplaying someone you're watching the wrong sport.

If Tyrod is only on par with McCown that is not good news.