Tyrod starts because he plays the same game every week

The problem with this assessment of Taylors play is the averages are caused by the lowest passing attempts in the league something of which is determined by the OC 's in the Bills run heavy O.

Is the information accurate, sure, but the Bills also led the league in total rushing and average per attempt. ( previous season )

....STILL don't get the "run heavy" moniker with ONE stallion in the stable......other "horses" are more like Mr. Ed................

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....STILL don't get the "run heavy" moniker with ONE stallion in the stable......other "horses" are more like Mr. Ed................

...the Bills run Shady O then...

...Taylor made in the shade... :flirt:

Edited by Figster

My point is that it can and does get a lot worse than Tyrod.

He isn't the long term answer in my opinion, but you can count on him to deliver the exact same game pretty much every time. He had Sammy, Woods, Shady, Goodwin and Clay and still put up the same numbers. He is the model of consistency.

It might be mediocre consistency but as a coach you can pencil in 200 yards and 1 TD with a turnover every other game, usually when it's desperation time anyway. You can work around that.

A guy coming in, tossing pick 6s and fumbling is someone you cannot win with.

With this mediocre oline and only 1 legit RB I think it's safe to say "run heavy" and "ground n pound" is over. Either Dennison figures this out soon or we're going to lose a lot of 16-13 games.

Can't blame the WRs

Tyrod had Sammy, Woods, Goodwin, Clay and Shady at the same time and still had the same numbers.

I was listening to the John Murphy Show during lunch and Donald Jones was criticizing Tyrod for not throwing to open WRs and saying something had to get figured out there during the bye. Also, Murph suddenly wasn't shouting down anyone who criticized Tyrod either. That was interesting to me.

Taylor is fine for now. For a staff trying to build a foundation he can come in and play his game and you can plan around it. For now. Obviously the plan is to get better there, but there's nothing you can do today to get that done. Peterman is not the answer.

Some day, I'm going to start my own TT thread. And it will be different from the other 2,340 TT threads. And TSW will respond with constructive and thoughtful conversation. It can happen...can't it?

Label it "TT thread"

with no comment

it can happen...

With this mediocre oline and only 1 legit RB I think it's safe to say "run heavy" and "ground n pound" is over. Either Dennison figures this out soon or we're going to lose a lot of 16-13 games.

...and here I thought it was ME losing my mind.....shutting down that ONE legit RB and forcing TT to throw (HINT: he is NOT a pocket passer RICO) is an opposing DC's dream, especially if Dennison is hell bent on his "system" and refuses too exploit Taylor's mobility even if he is not part of the long term "plan"..here is a crazy thought...

HC-Sean Payton OC-Doug Marrone who REALLY called the plays

HC-Kubiak OC-Dennison who REALLY called the plays

....and the Denver fans hardly shed a tear when Dennison exited.....how come??..........

Can't blame the WRs

Tyrod had Sammy, Woods, Goodwin, Clay and Shady at the same time and still had the same numbers.

I was listening to the John Murphy Show during lunch and Donald Jones was criticizing Tyrod for not throwing to open WRs and saying something had to get figured out there during the bye. Also, Murph suddenly wasn't shouting down anyone who criticized Tyrod either. That was interesting to me.

Taylor is fine for now. For a staff trying to build a foundation he can come in and play his game and you can plan around it. For now. Obviously the plan is to get better there, but there's nothing you can do today to get that done. Peterman is not the answer.

Please stop saying that. No he didn't. His career numbers might look the same but the individual games don't.

CzE_nRkXAAAng1u.jpg

In the 15 games in which LeSean McCoy, Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods and Charles Clay were all on the field, Taylor has a 64-percent completion rate, throwing for 3,362 yards for 26 touchdowns and just six interceptions. In the 14 games in which one of those players weren’t available, Taylor’s numbers sunk, as he completed just 61.2-percent of his passes for 2,697 yards, throwing only 11 touchdowns and six interceptions.

Edited by Scott7975

Absolutely! This is the guy I've been watching all season. Both Rudolph and Peterman have shown the ability to CHANGE the outcome of a game. That's the mental part of a QBs game you can't teach. They have it, Rosen has it, Darnold, Allen and Jackson... not so much. Taylor not at all.

Can't remember where I read it, but an article with two NFL front office people, and each said Rudolph was a day 3 pick.