Tyrod starts because he plays the same game every week

That would be "if", not "when".

And guys often make huge leaps between first and second years. Peterman could be one of those guys. Or not. Way too early, though, to assume he won't.

Not to mention that teams sometimes draft new QBs.

It's certainly not impossible they keep him, especially to give someone more time to develop. If it happens, people will most likely say what they're saying now, and with good reason.

27th best in combined running and passing yards. Yup.

Talks a lot about Tyrod barely fitting into the normal range, which for him goes from 6th best to 29th best. Those are the "average" guys for him. To repeat, 29th is within average range for this guy.

He's got a point that a lack of turnovers should be to his credit, very much so, but that a lack of explosiveness in situations where we need aggressive play should be counted against him, the two sides of Tyrod's coin.

I just find it hard to take this writer very seriously when he keeps referring to 29th best in the league as average and only 30th as below it.

I know what I said and of last I heard it is when. Not if. Peterman not looking so sure of a thing.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That stat includes many games the defense lost the lead TT built. Miami and Oakland from last year alone. Win those two games and they are in the playoffs with a win against the jets in finale.

The Bills offense went in to a shell in the 2nd half of the Raiders game who's offense was scoring points. You have to keep pace with these types of teams.

We can say the defense allowed Miami to get back into the game, but who had the first opportunity to score in OT? Buffalo.

Didn't Buffalo also have a 2nd chance after Miami failed to score?

Sure it does General Methodology wise - theoretical analysis

First a disclaimer. None of the following information is intended to provide a conclusive answer. I’ll make some methodology notes as I go along,

Humor me. What did they say?

it's been posted elsewhere in dribbles. But that Peterman is not adapting to this offense like they hoped and over thinking it. Does not look natural yet, and Dennison wants it to be a natural instinct. Taylor has that for him, though obviously quality is an issue. Peterman is struggling to get rhythm and see the plays as he needs to, looks like a rookie.

They hoped he would be ready to start next year. Peterman was only going to come in if we were 1-4 or worse after the bye. And hopefully start 2018 as the backup to eventually find a way to start next year if Taylor was going to remain the starter. The rookie we get in 2018 draft was going to be groomed slowly was the hope, Peterman long term backup and Taylor the veteran mentor.

it's been posted elsewhere in dribbles. But that Peterman is not adapting to this offense like they hoped and over thinking it. Does not look natural yet, and Dennison wants it to be a natural instinct. Taylor has that for him, though obviously quality is an issue. Peterman is struggling to get rhythm and see the plays as he needs to, looks like a rookie.

They hoped he would be ready to start next year. Peterman was only going to come in if we were 1-4 or worse after the bye. And hopefully start 2018 as the backup to eventually find a way to start next year if Taylor was going to remain the starter. The rookie we get in 2018 draft was going to be groomed slowly was the hope, Peterman long term backup and Taylor the veteran mentor.

Link?

Tyrod looked like a rookie last Sunday.

I have no reason not to trust your info. However, I still expect to see Peterman starting on 12/10 vs. the Colts at the latest.

I can't imagine a first-round QB, Peterman and Taylor all being on the roster in 2018.

Link?

Zelda.

There is no link.

I have no reason not to trust your info. However, I still expect to see Peterman starting on 12/10 vs. the Colts at the latest.

I can't imagine a first-round QB, Peterman and Taylor all being on the roster in 2018.

regarding the latter, same for me but just going off what I heard.

Regarding the former, I don't know when to expect him to start. Taylor is playing a lot safer for injury this year.

27th best in combined running and passing yards. Yup.

Talks a lot about Tyrod barely fitting into the normal range, which for him goes from 6th best to 29th best. Those are the "average" guys for him. To repeat, 29th is within average range for this guy.

He's got a point that a lack of turnovers should be to his credit, very much so, but that a lack of explosiveness in situations where we need aggressive play should be counted against him, the two sides of Tyrod's coin.

I just find it hard to take this writer very seriously when he keeps referring to 29th best in the league as average and only 30th as below it.

The fact that you're still throwing out numbers for rankings tells me you're really missing the point.

Shocking 0:)

To maximize what Tyrod does best which is his long ball we needed a team of small fast WRs in the Desean jackson mold. Hit a few long balls forces teams to stop playing 8 in the box which helps out the running game. Tyrod is a poor fit for what Dennison is doing and they need to move on at the end of the year. Offseason priority should be drafting a QB early, fixing the right side of the offensive line, and adding to the skill positions at WR/RB/TE.

Edited by billieve420

yeah what do people inside the organization know?

This is not the kind of HC/ coaching staff that gives the media or general public information that can help the oppositioln or hurt a players reputation in my humble opinion. It also wouldn't be that unusual to need your rookie backup pressed into understanding the O well enough to operate at a rapid pace when they might be called for duty at any time without a moments notice.

with all due respect

On a side note I find it interesting much of the TBD patrons that frequent the message board express the desire to handle the development of Peterman the way a 1st round rookie would be handled. The higher then normal level of concern for a 5th rounder suggests the Bills fan base sees potential.

Edited by Figster

Yes, so in typical TBD fashion we apparently must talk about the most recent game being the sole representation of what he is. Let's just disregard the good things that he did and the praises sung by even the anTy Taylor guys after 2 good games against 2 of the best teams in the NFL.

Taylor's last 4 games were against the #1, #2, #4 and #10 defenses in the NFL.

And maybe not surprisingly Taylor's 2 worst games came against the #2 and the #5 passing defense in the NFL

Things are very very likely about to get much better for the offense. Of course, if the offense and specifically Taylor have a good game or two coming out of the bye, some of the posters dominating the conversation with all the negative crap over the bye week are going to hide in a cave until Taylor has a bad game.

Aren't you guys just sick and tired of this already? We have a team that is a contender. They look like a good team and have been competing in every single game they've been in and I've probably had the toughest schedule in the NFL to start the season. With the inconsistency of the passing game in the first five games I don't think anyone really strongly believes that Taylor is our long-term answer. That doesn't mean we can't win with him at the helm and even make a run at the playoffs.

Enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

This is not the kind of HC/ coaching staff that gives the media or general public information that can help the oppositioln or hurt a players reputation in my humble opinion. It also wouldn't be that unusual to need your rookie backup pressed into understanding the O well enough to operate at a rapid pace when they might be called for duty at any time without a moments notice.

with all due respect

who said it's the coaching staff that is talking about it? There are dozens and dozens watching practices. And even more reviewing film of practices and games.

who said it's the coaching staff that is talking about it? There are dozens and dozens watching practices. And even more reviewing film of practices and games.

The coaches would have a better idea of how fast or well a rookie signal caller is developing and understanding the new system IMO.

Is Peterman constantly pressed and coached up, I'm sure he is, and a casual observer on the sidelines can misinterpret the coaching up part for something more in my humble opinion J,

with all due respect

Edited by Figster

The coaches would have a better idea of how fast or well a rookie signal caller is developing and understanding the new system IMO.

Is Peterman constantly pressed and coached up, I'm sure he is, and a casual observer on the sidelines can misinterpret the coaching up part for something more in my humble opinion J,

with all due respect

...at the same time, Pegula opened up the checkbook WIDE for Beane to hire his staff which consists of many former Player Personnel Directors and VP's of Player Personnel (yup I know, nobody else would hire them so they came to Buffalo).......I would think that group consists of several solid talent evaluators......coaching staff would be ignorant NOT to draw upon their assessments/evaluations to keep the "process" moving along......pick your poison....blame the QB....blame the OL....blame the WR's....blame the RB's....blame your mother.........or spread the blame around evenly......sign of a damn good organization is willingness to adjust, so why not consult this group for input and adjust accordingly to keep the "process" moving?......I'm 40+ years in business, have a highly successful organization and am open to change DAILY to make us better.......sure solid gains have been made so far in 2017, but why not accelerate those gains by listening to others?....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy