Who said the Bills were so bad? Falling for the New Regime

Koolaid.

Okay I get it Rex did not live up to the hype. However they were 15-17.....

The new HO & Coach has fed the masses this story about how bad the team is and that they need to tear it down before they can turn it around.

They were fine. Tweaks on the offense, discipline (less penalties) and the defense that improved and this was a decent team.

Instead the offense was gutted and TT hung out to dry with no WR's.

Let's go back to the corp after 2 weeks of pre-season...... Watkins, Boldon & Jones.....

Something happened and Watkins given away (and I will keep repeating it) as he was establishing rapport with TT and Boldon decided not worth it.

I was excited to see a better Offense and a healthy Watkins and they dismantled the team and fed us this line and sold some on draft picks......

I call bull......

Sooo bad. Boldin is toast, anytime someone mentions him as if he gave up on TT or the Bills you lose all credibility. He had played with Taylor previously, he left because Sammy got traded? Yah ok sure. Sammy and Boldin are polar opposites, weren't they arguing on the sideline a day before the trade??

Boldin retired before he got axed. He signed with the Bills because their lack of WR talent gave him a chance to make it. After the preseason game they watch the tape? Right? A WR running with cinder blocks on his feet probably wasn't a big hit, Boldin knew his time was up.

Koolaid.

The new HO & Coach has fed the masses this story about how bad the team is and that they need to tear it down before they can turn it around.

They were fine. Tweaks on the offense, discipline (less penalties) and the defense that improved and this was a decent team.

Let's go back to the corp after 2 weeks of pre-season...... Watkins, Boldon & Jones.....

Something happened and Watkins given away (and I will keep repeating it) as he was establishing rapport with TT and Boldon decided not worth it.

I was excited to see a better Offense and a healthy Watkins and they dismantled the team and fed us this line and sold some on draft picks......

I call bull......

Russian meddling, obviously.

So far, this regime has not over promised anything. The coach seems to be a good football mind and the GM we will have to see at the draft. The team is playing better than last year and the defense looks solid. Sit back, relax, enjoy the show. Lets see what they do with the bye week and evaluate an entire year. At least we are not the Giants

Sooo bad. Boldin is toast, anytime someone mentions him as if he gave up on TT or the Bills you lose all credibility. He had played with Taylor previously, he left because Sammy got traded? Yah ok sure. Sammy and Boldin are polar opposites, weren't they arguing on the sideline a day before the trade??

Boldin retired before he got axed. He signed with the Bills because their lack of WR talent gave him a chance to make it. After the preseason game they watch the tape? Right? A WR running with cinder blocks on his feet probably wasn't a big hit, Boldin knew his time was up.

Sure and he only had 67 receptions last year (vs. Jordan Matthews 73).......

I guess I was not at practice.....

So far, this regime has not over promised anything. The coach seems to be a good football mind and the GM we will have to see at the draft. The team is playing better than last year and the defense looks solid. Sit back, relax, enjoy the show. Lets see what they do with the bye week and evaluate an entire year. At least we are not the Giants

You mean with the same 3-2 record?

Edited by Billsfan1972

Sure and he only had 67 receptions last year (vs. Jordan Matthews 73).......

I guess I was not at practice.....

You mean the same 3-2 record?

Same way Reggie Wayne has 64 catches then retired during TC the following year. Both guys were at the end of the line and once it's gone it's gone. This is a young man's game.

I seem to remember beating a quality team on the road so far this year

soooooooo

And I remember shutting out the Patriots @ Gillette last year (manhandling them the week after they shutout Houston 27-0).....

you said it yourself, they were 15-17. we were bad and changes had to be made. simple as that

No they were as usual around .500

Koolaid.

I call bull......

I think the goal is to build something more sustainable. We have 20% of our cap tied up in a lazy DT and an OT who's developing an injury problem

I wonder if Dicky J. would still say winning in the NFL is hard if he got to play against everyone's third string QB. Probably not. Then break the QB's thumb. Defintely not, well maybe not.

As opposed to Atlanta playing without their two best receivers? Keep on coming up with the excuses.......

The Offense steamrolled NE that day too......

As opposed to Atlanta playing without their two best receivers? Keep on coming up with the excuses.......

The Atlanta win means nothing. This team isn't good this year either. Using that Pats game as an example of success is a bit misleading.

The Atlanta win means nothing. This team isn't good this year either. Using that Pats game as an example of success is a bit misleading.

Bills won the day they had to play Atlanta. All things considered in the finality of it there is no reason for using this win to be optimistic on any future games.

it's very misleading. he completely discounts a win in atlanta, but pumps up a win against the pats who were playing their 3rd string qb.

Steamrolled huh? One offensive TD? That's your definition of steam rolled?

it's very misleading. he completely discounts a win in atlanta, but pumps up a win against the pats who were playing their 3rd string qb.

He must think Saved by the Bell the New Class was better than the original.

No I did not discount it, just commented that they were severely shorthanded and was pointing out they beat the Pats convincingly in 2016, shut them out in fact and their offense was productive (i.e. moved the ball) that day.

Of course I realize who they beat, but just explaining in both 2016 & 2017 the Bills were 3-2...... Looks pretty much identical.

My continual statement is that if Watkins & Boldin were still here I'd actually expect the Bills to be 4-1 or 5-0.

But the FO made sure that wouldn't happen.

Maybe they are a bad judge of talent not realizing this was a playoff team?