Who said the Bills were so bad? Falling for the New Regime

No I did not discount it, just commented that they were severely shorthanded and was pointing out they beat the Pats convincingly in 2016, shut them out in fact and their offense was productive (i.e. moved the ball) that day.

Of course I realize who they beat, but just explaining in both 2016 & 2017 the Bills were 3-2...... Looks pretty much identical.

My continual statement is that if Watkins & Boldin were still here I'd actually expect the Bills to be 4-1 or 5-0.

But the FO made sure that wouldn't happen.

Maybe they are a bad judge of talent not realizing this was a playoff team?

fair enough. to the bolded, i wouldn't expect it but it's certainly a possible outcome. i just can't get completely on board with some thinking sammy would have had a big year just because he's still on the bills. he hadn't yet, and i'm not sure what would have changed. he without a doubt would have made the team better, but who knows how his production would have been.

i'm also not sure about this team being a playoff team. new management has a very specific idea in mind of what they want to do. this is a long term project, and moves have to be made accordingly. they might just be over achieving this year due to competent coaching. i hate to say it, but we just have to give this time. this team may look quite different come next season.

No I did not discount it, just commented that they were severely shorthanded and was pointing out they beat the Pats convincingly in 2016, shut them out in fact and their offense was productive (i.e. moved the ball) that day.

Of course I realize who they beat, but just explaining in both 2016 & 2017 the Bills were 3-2...... Looks pretty much identical.

My continual statement is that if Watkins & Boldin were still here I'd actually expect the Bills to be 4-1 or 5-0.

But the FO made sure that wouldn't happen.

Maybe they are a bad judge of talent not realizing this was a playoff team?

You're not going to give the FO any credit for the defense? We have 6 new starters on that unit and they've improved dramatically. They've really mismanaged the talent on that side of the ball huh? If they were any good, that defense would be holding offenses to what?......7 points a game or less?

You're not going to give the FO any credit for the defense? We have 6 new starters on that unit and they've improved dramatically. They've really mismanaged the talent on that side of the ball huh? If they were any good, that defense would be holding offenses to what?......7 points a game or less?

They have on the Offense have they not?

Regarding this new regime.

1. Our head coach could not get another head coach job in the NFL. nor has he ever been a head coach in the NFL

2. Was he hired then because we are still paying our last head coach and the owners would not pay more especially

after paying a hockey player recently $10 Million per for the next 8 years

3. Our GM has never been able to get a GM job before.

4. Was he hired because of No, 2.

5. Or was he hired because he was McDermott's buddy in Carolina.

6. Our coach has done a good job as the talent has over achieved.

7. Our GM has done a poor job-where have you gone Mr. Ragland, Mr. Watkins, Mr. Woods, Mr. Goodwin, Mr. Gillislee,

a city turns its lonely eyes to you.

you said it yourself, they were 15-17. we were bad and changes had to be made. simple as that

But Wrex was so close to completely turning this thing around;)

Get use to it OP this regime is here for the long haul and a few Debby Downers crying isn't going to change anything.

Get on the bandwagon or get run over by it.........just saying;)

1. Our head coach could not get another head coach job in the NFL. nor has he ever been a head coach in the NFL

2. Was he hired then because we are still paying our last head coach and the owners would not pay more especially

7. Our GM has done a poor job-where have you gone Mr. Ragland, Mr. Watkins, Mr. Woods, Mr. Goodwin, Mr. Gillislee,

1 and 3: So you are saying that only retreads are worthy candidates for HC and GM positions.

2: You are postulating that Eichel's contract, which came months after McD was hired, may have caused McD to be the HC selection.

7: What's the collective production of these castoffs on their new teams?

Weird post.