Liberals stick to principles, BLAST Weinstein

sub-mrz101717-color-2mb_orig.jpg

We should never lose sight of how tightly connected Weinstein is to the Democratic Party, not only through his contributions but on account of the liberal bent of the industry that he dominated.

Nor should we forget how closely Weinstein’s appalling and, allegedly, sometimes criminal behavior resembles that of Bill Clinton, Ted Kennedy and other prominent Democrats.

Don't worry! Variety says everything will be okay...

Harvey Weinstein Scandal Not Expected to Impact Political Fundraising

weinstein-clinton.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

http://variety.com/2017/politics/news/harvey-weinstein-scandal-political-fundraising-impact-1202593470/

A sexual predator sitting between the wives of two well known sexual predators... nothing is wrong with the world at all.

Don't worry! Variety says everything will be okay...

Harvey Weinstein Scandal Not Expected to Impact Political Fundraising

weinstein-clinton.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

http://variety.com/2017/politics/news/harvey-weinstein-scandal-political-fundraising-impact-1202593470/

A sexual predator sitting between the wives of two well known sexual predators... nothing is wrong with the world at all.

Unrelated question:

How is George Clooney involved in this?

Unrelated question:

How is George Clooney involved in this?

Some nobody actress claims he colluded with the rest of the ER cast to have the industry blacklist her because she claimed she was sexually harassed.

Really? I missed that. :beer:

Yep.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/george-clooney-vanessa-marquez-blacklist-er-actress-1202188152/

But what I really meant was that given the strong connections between Weinstein and the Clintons, and Clooney's very active support and fundraising efforts for Hillary...when do we start finding out that he..."enjoys the occasional slice of pepperoni pizza," so to speak.

For me, the left really needs to make a decision here.

Either sex is transactional, which means (outside of actual rape) Harvey Weinstein did absolutely nothing wrong insisting on sex as payment for his favor; or sex is not transactional, and as such the liberal stance on sex has been wrong and immoral from the beginning.

They can't have it both ways.

Which is fine, but they'll be left trying to explain how women "taking control as sexually powerful" and offering their bodies as they see fit is a moral positive; while men doing the same thing is seen as criminal.

It's all nonsense, you just have to barrel through. And I have been sexual harassed by women too many times to remember. Grabbing my ass, following me around, insisting to their friends that we've had a relationship, inappropriate comments at work from superiors, secretly disparaged as "gay" by women I'd rejected, etc.

I'm not endorsing assault, but it's not all in one direction. And as an added note, I have to wonder how many comments a man would garner if he went to work half dressed, slathered in cologne. Pretty sure there would be some snarky comments from the women....inappropriate and demeaning.

#metoo

Edited by OJABBA

Which is fine, but they'll be left trying to explain how women "taking control as sexually powerful" and offering their bodies as they see fit is a moral positive; while men doing the same thing is seen as criminal.

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm just waiting to see how shrill the hypocrisy becomes.

Either sex is transactional, which means (outside of actual rape) Harvey Weinstein did absolutely nothing wrong insisting on sex as payment for his favor; or sex is not transactional, and as such the liberal stance on sex has been wrong and immoral from the beginning.

Yes, they can, because it's determined by how the weaker party FEELS about it. [Critical Feminist Theory]

Transactional sex is ok as long as its on offer. I know because I get laid alot (whether I pay for it or not).