Fire Rico Now; be done with it.

There appears to be a clear misconception here. Tyrod's passung numbers arent that far off what theyve been the last 2 seasons.

Repeat after me:

THE PASSING GAME PRODUCTION IS BASICALLY THE SAME AS IN PREVIOUS YEARS

TYROD IS NOT RUNNING

SHADY HAS NO HOLES TO RUN THROUGH

OUR OLINE CANT RUN BLOCK EFFECTIVELY

Whats the main difference from 15/16?

WE CANT FLIPPIN RUN THE BALL.

WE CANT RUN THE BALL

WE CANT RUN THE BALL

Keep repeating that maybe itll sink in.

Tyrod is actually on pace for more passing TD this season than last season.

WE CANT RUN THE BALL

KEEP REPEATING

Edited by bobobonators

After seeing the All-22 I retract my call for Dennison's head. See the write up. When you see the whole field and the coaches tape, the offense had some well-designed plays, it was a product of Tyrod playing poorly and the offense as a whole missing assignments and not reading the defense.

My problem with Dennison has less to do with what you see as "well-designed" plays, and more to do with the underlying approach that doesn't seem to fit TT OR the Oline, combined with his utterly banal play-calling that I'm pretty sure even someone new to football would quickly be able to predict after a quarter or two.

I think we should keep firing OCs until Tyrod learns to be a competent nfl passer. I cant believe all these OCs are conspiring to keep him from his Aaron Rodgers like potential. Its a damn shame.

What's worse is all his receivers keep running their routes wrong so the ball is never in the right place.

I think we should keep firing OCs until Tyrod learns to be a competent nfl passer. I cant believe all these OCs are conspiring to keep him from his Aaron Rodgers like potential. Its a damn shame.

Fact: Roman was a fall guy for Rex. Roman was the one coordinator that really didnt have many ties with Rex. And Rex's ego would never allow him to let someone go on the defensive side of the ball. And Rex couldnt fire himself.

Fact: Roman didnt come to Buffalo with the plan to make TT the starter. TT earned it. In 2015 Buffalo finished 12th in pts per game. We all know why Roman got fired. And it had nothing to do with TT and everything to do with Rex.

Fact: Lynn became a HC in the NFL because of an offense that featured TT.

So lets not twist history to continue perpetuating a false narrative.

Fact: Roman was a fall guy for Rex. Roman was the one coordinator that really didnt have many ties with Rex. And Rex's ego would never allow him to let someone go on the defensive side of the ball. And Rex couldnt fire himself.

Fact: Roman didnt come to Buffalo with the plan to make TT the starter. TT earned it. In 2015 Buffalo finished 12th in pts per game. We all know why Roman got fired. And it had nothing to do with TT and everything to do with Rex.

These facts have nothing to do with the FACT that TT is not an adequate NFL QB.

Don't care who is OC with Tyrod, teams are going to game plan to stop the run and make Tyrod be a QB. The only fix for this offense and the running game is to get a QB that can throw the ball so teams stop game planning the way they are.

How many OCs will Tyrod have in Buffalo when all said and done, place your bets.

That's the thing. Teams tried to stop the run last year and failed. This year teams try to stop the run and succeed.

Tyrod is clearly not a great passer. But he is a great runner. So Roman designed an attack that forced defenses to attempt to contain both Shady's and Tyrod's running.

That Roman/Lynn offense - even with a flawed Tyrod at QB - scored a lot of points. This offense - with the same QB - is impotent.

Not sure if Erik aka Cover 1 has chimed in yet but he has an opinion on the "Fire Dennison" contingent. Scroll to 9:35 in the video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8EvnSWnBEo

A couple moments later: "This is an offense that's now built around the strengths of their QB and their RB."

May be so. But it's not effectively built around the strength of it's players. I don't care how much Rico adjusts if he can't get the offense to put points on the board - something Rex/Lynn could do.

That's the thing. Teams tried to stop the run last year and failed. This year teams try to stop the run and succeed.

Tyrod is clearly not a great passer. But he is a great runner. So Roman designed an attack that forced defenses to attempt to contain both Shady's and Tyrod's running.

That Roman/Lynn offense - even with a flawed Tyrod at QB - scored a lot of points. This offense - with the same QB - is impotent.

A couple moments later: "This is an offense that's now built around the strengths of their QB and their RB."

May be so. But it's not effectively built around the strength of it's players. I don't care how much Rico adjusts if he can't get the offense to put points on the board - something Rex/Lynn could do.

"Short-term gain sometimes doesn't equal long-term success."

Remember that quote from McDermott. They already know Taylor can run on teams. How can he do as a pocket passer? That's what we're seeing right now, whether you perceive it as a try-out or player development.

No question this decision has hurt the run game. But it has a long-term benefit.

Remember that quote from McDermott. They already know Taylor can run on teams. How can he do as a pocket passer? That's what we're seeing right now, whether you perceive it as a try-out or player development.

No question this decision has hurt the run game. But it has a long-term benefit.

"If McDermott had kept Anthony Lynn and the Greg Roman offense we would still be having the same issues right now."

That was your original quote to me.

Seems like you are backtracking a bit now as a lot of us have made some good points and facts about the rush game and overall offensive decline

Edited by billsfan11

Qualifiers to these facts IS that TT earned the starting role by beating out Cassel and EJ which makes his victory a little less impressive

"If McDermott had kept Anthony Lynn and the Greg Roman offense we would still be having the same issues right now."

That was your original quote to me.

Seems like you are backtracking a bit now as a lot of us have made some good points and facts about the rush game and overall offensive decline

No I'm not backtracking. That's still true. Maybe it would be slightly better because the blocking scheme would be the same, but the read-option plays would be gone and Taylor would still have to remain in the pocket while going through his full progressions. Which hurts the run game.

There appears to be a clear misconception here. Tyrod's passung numbers arent that far off what theyve been the last 2 seasons.

Repeat after me:

THE PASSING GAME PRODUCTION IS BASICALLY THE SAME AS IN PREVIOUS YEARS

TYROD IS NOT RUNNING

SHADY HAS NO HOLES TO RUN THROUGH

OUR OLINE CANT RUN BLOCK EFFECTIVELY

Whats the main difference from 15/16?

WE CANT FLIPPIN RUN THE BALL.

WE CANT RUN THE BALL

WE CANT RUN THE BALL

Keep repeating that maybe itll sink in.

Tyrod is actually on pace for more passing TD this season than last season.

WE CANT RUN THE BALL

KEEP REPEATING

The pass sets up the run tho

I'm still having trouble with this "long term benefit" thingy, beyond the fact that Dennison's abilities as an OC are questionable.

If your plan goes as planned...

-the QB of the future isn't on the team;

-the way things are going, Cordy Glenn is probably gone;

-Incognito may or may not be here, either due to retirement or "not fitting the scheme"

-Vlad and Mills have no business being here;

-the receiving corps, with the exception of Zay Jones and possibly Matthews..are gone.

-I'm pretty sure Shady can pick up on a different system...if they don't trade him.

So the long term benefit is for ...4 or 5 guys?

If its to see "what Tyrod's got"...they already know that..or should know that.

If its to tank for draft position...well, I'm not big on tanking, but that's just me.

What I see..especially the way the AFCE is shaping up...is wasting a really good opportunity at finally breaking the playoff drought.

I just don't see this "long term benefit" as a given, or even a good probability. There's no long term benefit if most of the starters are going to be gone anyway.

No I'm not backtracking. That's still true. Maybe it would be slightly better because the blocking scheme would be the same, but the read-option plays would be gone and Taylor would still have to remain in the pocket while going through his full progressions. Which hurts the run game.

Number 1, You originally said it wouldn't make a difference which is untrue

Number 2, It would be a lot better based on stats and facts

Number 3, There is absolutely no reason to completely wipe out the read option as even good/ great QBS use it in their systems

I hope you're right but unfortunately I think more like Cookie. Tyrod may get better as a passer but he'll never develop Brady/Brees type skills.

But Tyrod can run. And when we integrated him into the run game like we did last year, Shady was more effective and - more importantly - we scored points.

When Lynn was calling plays and Tyrod was under center, we averaged something like 26 points per game last season. If we averaged 26 points per game with this defense, we'd win enough games to get into the playoffs.