Best O-Line Configuration

Preferred O-Line Configuration  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best O-Line lineup, assuming Glenn is healthy?

• Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Ducasse-Mills
    • Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Miller-Mills
    • Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Groy-Mills
    • Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Ducasse-Dawkins
    • Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Miller-Dawkins
    • Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Groy-Dawkins
    • Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Ducasse-Henderson
    • Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Miller-Henderson
    • Glenn-Incognito-Wood-Groy-Henderson
    • Other

Anything with Ducasse in it is an abomination.

Ducasse is the one piece that makes me wonder WTF is this coaching staff thinking?

Ducasee should be an emergency backup. I like Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Groy and Dawkins. But really, the blocking scheme is also terrible. Those are the most talented players, IMO, but unless Dennison goes or reverts to last year's scheme, this offense will continue to be terrible. (this is not a TT defense, more of a Shady defense).

Ducasee should be an emergency backup. I like Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Groy and Dawkins. But really, the blocking scheme is also terrible. Those are the most talented players, IMO, but unless Dennison goes or reverts to last year's scheme, this offense will continue to be terrible. (this is not a TT defense, more of a Shady defense).

Agreed.

I think it is a combo of things. Since the offense is based on the outside zone read and the right side of our line being bad it limits what we can do in the run game. If the D thinks we are running the ball, call a run blitz to the left side of our line. That way if we run left we get stopped for a loss, if we run right its going to suck because we cant block it.

It's honestly hard to say. On paper, based on last year's performances you'd like to say Glenn - Incognito - Woods - Groy - Dawkins/Seantrel would be a great offensive line. But our scheme change has adversely affected pretty much everyone on the line this year.

When you combine that with deactivating Miller / starting Vlad, potentially keeping Glenn on the bench.. I think its pretty obvious our current blocking scheme in no way plays to our roster's strengths, and almost certainly exposes their weaknesses. I honestly don't think it's going to make a huge difference who they plug in at this point, all I know is that Vlad and Mills should not see the field in ANY scheme.