Taylor -- 106.7 rating today

He's 10th in passer rating. 11th in yards per attempt. And 9th in completion percentage. With the worst WR corps in the league, a ton of drops, little running game, barely decent protection, and against four good defenses.

Sometimes I wonder if even I am underrating Tyrod.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. This has to be the most absurd take I've ever seen on this board - which is saying a lot. Are we to go around the NFL and subtract the passes from every quarterback to his favorite target, or is just another one of those special Tyrod Rules? Or is this just more trolling?

Hes trolling the ubsurd takes on here. He forgot to itallicize. DC Tom is pretty cool and level headed and does not blame the qb for everything like some do. So just an fyi.

Yeesh. If we're really splitting hairs like that, then I meant in general that the NFC champs don't lose at home every week...not that the Bills or any single team for that matter beats them. C'mon now.

The only thing that matters when it comes to points is that you ultimately score more than the other team. Which we did. Again.

I'm not completely buying the idea at this point that we need to put up 40 at will because there's going to be a week where we need to hang with the Pats or Saints or whatever in a shootout. This defense is for real, so therefore, all that matters is more points. 3-1.

Ultimately, yes. However I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Bills offense might need a big passing day or a big running day or to score 3 or 4 touchdowns. The odds are for it. The D has played very well, but don't think that no Julio and no Sanu didn't have an impact on the game. Thinking that they can hang/ win in every game this way is fools gold. Turnovers and the like can dry up after awhile. The league isn't known for soccer type scores and points will be needed. Doesn't change the current record at all.

Ultimately, yes. However I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Bills offense might need a big passing day or a big running day or to score 3 or 4 touchdowns. The odds are for it. The D has played very well, but don't think that no Julio and no Sanu didn't have an impact on the game. Thinking that they can hang/ win in every game this way is fools gold. Turnovers and the like can dry up after awhile. The league isn't known for soccer type scores and points will be needed. Doesn't change the current record at all.

And don't think that our defense didn't have any impact on Julio and Sano being out of the game. Are we assuming that their injuries are simply luck? This secondary hits people.

It is ironic that you bring up the falcons losing their top receivers for the second half. As you may be aware, the Bills have no good wide receivers to begin with.

Edited by dave mcbride

Ultimately, yes. However I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Bills offense might need a big passing day or a big running day or to score 3 or 4 touchdowns. The odds are for it. The D has played very well, but don't think that no Julio and no Sanu didn't have an impact on the game

How can losing the best receiver in the game be an excuse for Atlanta, but our offense not having good receivers isn't an excuse for us? I think our wideouts were about on par with theirs today. Tyrod simply outplayed Matt Ryan.

How can losing the best receiver in the game be an excuse for Atlanta, but our offense not having good receivers isn't an excuse for us? I think our wideouts were about on par with theirs today. Tyrod simply outplayed Matt Ryan.

For the season, TT has four TDs and one INT. Ryan has four TDs and three INTs.

New offense. New blocking schemes. 3-1. Ill worry about the need 4 passing touchdown game when it actually happens. So far so good.

Edited by Billsmovinup

Its not fair that Matty Ice doesnt have Julio Jones to throw to. But when we need to bring in bums from the street next week just so we have enough WR to play the game, the same excuses wont be applied to Tyrod.

For the season, TT has four TDs and one INT. Ryan has four TDs and three INTs.

This is where someone would normally say "well Matt Ryan is asked to do more than Tyrod." But is he? He has incredible talent around him and a good offensive line. Clearly the better running game right now. I think Ryan has more manageable downs and distances. Tyrod is consistently put in 3rd and long situations and doing pretty well with them. Ryan has more total pass attempts but is that enough to say he has more responsibility than Tyrod?

I follow Cian Fahey on Twitter and his whole thing is that grading QBs against each other is impossible. They're playing in completely different systems. I don't remember the exact numbers but he mentioned some crazy stat where Winston threw something like 20 passes that travel 10-19 yards last Sunday alone, while Alex Smith has thrown 2 of those passes all season long. Is Alex Smith better than Jamie's Winston? Does Winston run a harder offense? When people speak in certainties like "I would take 20 QBs over Tyrod" these are the kinds of questions I think about. I think there's more of a gray area there than people realize. And it's hard to find QBs that even exist in that gray area! Which is why I've always thought it was nuts to cast out Tyrod and pray on a high draft choice.

I think, as Kelly stated above, getting TT on those boots early on has really helped the outside pass rush immensely. He looked good in the pocket today, especially at the end of the game, and I'm not taking anything away from him.

For sure, the play actions and bootlegs are things I wanted to see a lot of from the very beginning. Tyrod does really well when they are called.