Stabbing at school in NYC

LeviF

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a viable option? Well that's some !@#$ed up **** right there. If I were a parent and my child was bullied at school and the school did nothing I'd be all over the administrations ass until they did something.

In a perfect world that would be the solution and it would work.

No that is not a perfect world situation. That is an expectation of the position. To teach and protect and manage the behaviors of the children while in their charge.

Well there's expectations and then there's reality. The reality is by the time you voice a complaint there's often several weeks or months that go by while the situation is being "looked into". All the while the bullying continues.

I'm not saying the answer is to murder the bastard, but I'm saying it's sometimes best to handle it yourself, whether that be the kid standing up for himself or the kids parents talking to the other kids parents.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

Well there's expectations and then there's reality. The reality is by the time you voice a complaint there's often several weeks or months that go by while the situation is being "looked into". All the while the bullying continues.

And so people just sit around and twiddle their thumbs waiting for a solution that never comes while their children are continued to be bullied?? When did we lose our balls???

So because we, and the school administrators, have no balls we have kids killing each other and parents advocating for their 14 year old children to beat people bloody. Am the only one here that is totally !@#$ing confused?

This is an interesting thread and I can tell whose kids have been bullied, whose haven't, and who have no !@#$ing idea what they're talking about.

Which category do I fit in? :D

And so people just sit around and twiddle their thumbs waiting for a solution that never comes while their children are continued to be bullied?? When did we lose our balls???

So because we, and the school administrators, have no balls we have kids killing each other and parents advocating for their 14 year old children to beat people bloody. Am the only one here that is totally !@#$ing confused?

it's Out of hand

it's Out of hand

I'm probably the one that has no idea what I'm talking about because I have no children. Having said that there are two groups of people that have let it get out of hand. The parents (of the bullies AND the bullied) and the school administrators. And again if I had a kid who was bullied you better believe I'm talking with the school, the bullies parents and the little **** bully myself. Wait does that make me a bully? :unsure:

When I was in 7th grade I was a skinny guy (hard to believe), a kid used to pick on me. Coming out of the class room he tripped me . I got up off the floor and took 1 swing at him. Hit him in the jaw and he went down like a ton of bricks. Got sent to the School principal's office.

I got 10 hits on the ass with a paddle.

Edited by mead107

I'm probably the one that has no idea what I'm talking about because I have no children. Having said that there are two groups of people that have let it get out of hand. The parents (of the bullies AND the bullied) and the school administrators. And again if I had a kid who was bullied you better believe I'm talking with the school, the bullies parents and the little **** bully myself. Wait does that make me a bully? :unsure:

My kids are younger, so i haven't had to deal with it yet on either side of the situation, but I'm doing my best to teach them to respect others ans make damn sure not to let anyone disrespect them. The whole "the meek shall inheret the earth" philosophy just doesn't work.

Which category do I fit in? :D

You're in the category of "If it doesn't involve wine, cheese or pork belly, I'm not interested".

My kids are younger, so i haven't had to deal with it yet on either side of the situation, but I'm doing my best to teach them to respect others ans make damn sure not to let anyone disrespect them. The whole "the meek shall inheret the earth" philosophy just doesn't work.

Hoping you don't have to go through it. It sucks.

Let's just say there's a difference in school districts in how they deal with these situations. In some, a simple utterance of bullying sends the principal into code red, in the other extreme are principals and teachers who say, so what?

Let's just say there's a difference in school districts in how they deal with these situations. In some, a simple utterance of bullying sends the principal into code red, in the other extreme are principals and teachers who say, so what?

Of course. There are ****ty managers is all walks of life My question is do parents put up with the so what and if so why?

8th grade, I'm being mentally abused, bullied, whatever you want to call it by one of my classmates. One day during the lunch period, I'm in the hallway leading to the band room which is off the cafeteria. My tormentor finally does something, I don't even remember what, and I just snapped. Before I knew it he was on the ground and I'm kicking him in the head. Go forward about 20 minutes later, it's right after lunch is over but before band practice (shut up, yes I was in band, trombone section) and he jumps me, we struggle for a few minutes, knocking over chairs and whatever those things are called you put your music on. I get myself separated and as I'm standing there I see the band director has come in and is standing there looking at us, but my tormentor doesn't. I think he senses it though because he straightens up too. Director doesn't say a word, just goes into his office. I never had an issue with my tormentor after that.

Lesson learned? Don't !@#$ with me too long because when I snap, you're going down. (I've snapped only 3 other times in my life and each time I came out the victor)

Oh well then I guess the murder was justified.

So once again you're advocating assault against a kid who's calling your kid names. I have a huge problem with that. Is this happening at school? If so how about having the school admins grow a set and put the bully in his place. Nothing scares a kid more than an adult authority figure who goes ape **** in their face but doesn't touch them. How about you have a word with the bully. Or are you scared of the big bully too? :D

Jim. That is exactly the problem. I've gone to administrators. I even emailed the superintendent and copied my assemblyman, state senator and congresswoman.

I'm a pacifist. My son is a pacifist. But you can only poke the bear so much.

Today, the kid started his schit again. My son just ignored him. Silently. As if he didn't exist. That's always been my advice to him (he needs advice - he's 14, so don't even go there :rolleyes: ).

He doesn't want to hurt anyone and I'm not MAKING him hurt anyone. I told him to trust his body and his instincts.

My son is everything to me. He and I are all each other has. And I've watched him endure this bullschit for years. And the administration's tactics have been ineffective.

Violence, to me, is a last resort - in all aspects of life (yes, I'm one of those liberal pu s sies). And that's how I've raised my son.

But there does come a time when it's necessary. You have to see this.

8th grade, I'm being mentally abused, bullied, whatever you want to call it by one of my classmates. One day during the lunch period, I'm in the hallway leading to the band room which is off the cafeteria. My tormentor finally does something, I don't even remember what, and I just snapped. Before I knew it he was on the ground and I'm kicking him in the head. Go forward about 20 minutes later, it's right after lunch is over but before band practice (shut up, yes I was in band, trombone section) and he jumps me, we struggle for a few minutes, knocking over chairs and whatever those things are called you put your music on. I get myself separated and as I'm standing there I see the band director has come in and is standing there looking at us, but my tormentor doesn't. I think he senses it though because he straightens up too. Director doesn't say a word, just goes into his office. I never had an issue with my tormentor after that.

Lesson learned? Don't !@#$ with me too long because when I snap, you're going down. (I've snapped only 3 other times in my life and each time I came out the victor)

My son also played trombone. Maybe that's the problem, LOL!

No that is not a perfect world situation. That is an expectation of the position. To teach and protect and manage the behaviors of the children while in their charge.

They're too busy pouring all of their money into athletics and trying to win state championships. The only kids they protect are the ones who are going to help them get the trophies. True story.

Jim. That is exactly the problem. I've gone to administrators. I even emailed the superintendent and copied my assemblyman, state senator and congresswoman.

I'm a pacifist. My son is a pacifist. But you can only poke the bear so much.

Today, the kid started his schit again. My son just ignored him. Silently. As if he didn't exist. That's always been my advice to him (he needs advice - he's 14, so don't even go there :rolleyes: ).

He doesn't want to hurt anyone and I'm not MAKING him hurt anyone. I told him to trust his body and his instincts.

My son is everything to me. He and I are all each other has. And I've watched him endure this bullschit for years. And the administration's tactics have been ineffective.

Violence, to me, is a last resort - in all aspects of life (yes, I'm one of those liberal pu s sies). And that's how I've raised my son.

But there does come a time when it's necessary. You have to see this.

My son also played trombone. Maybe that's the problem, LOL!

Nobody !@#$s with the drummer :D

Have you approached the bully or his parents?

Im sorry you and your kid are going through this