Rick Dennison is "Tayloring" the Bills' Offense

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that Rick Dennison seems to be open to change. Rigid systems in the NFL are less likely to work IMO. You have to be willing to adapt and change to fit the players you have.

Hopefully Juan Castillo is willing to do the same thing in the run game.

I kind of had a feeling that it would take our offense a few games to get going anyway, especially since they really didn't get any time together in the preseason and all the changes to the WR corps. Same thing happened last year when Rex held the starters out of preseason (and that was their 2nd year in that offense). It was probably even more important to get preseason time this year with the brand new timing based offense.

It's not incredibly hard conceptually-- taylor has the arm talent to do just about anything, and the leg talent to put stress on defenses. He just struggles with the mental side.

It's all about forcing the defense to have to cover as wide and as deep if a box as possible. His arm gets the perimeter of that space well but our WR don't. Our run game is ok just straight ahead but not overwhelming. You use TTs legs, and some misdirection and movement to press the defense. Our offense played to that well the last two years.

not that it is always successful but coaching/scheme/play-calling to a players strengths would certainly give you a better chance at success as was evident last week.

we'll see if he continues to taylor, to taylors strengths in atlanta?

a big test for sure.

Soooooo. Does this mean TT can't run the current offense and it needs to adjusted to fit one guy?

Someone had to ask

if it helps to win football games, do what you need to do to succeed.

Soooooo. Does this mean TT can't run the current offense and it needs to adjusted to fit one guy?

Someone had to ask

what looks better, a QB that is limited but successful if you change what you're doing or a qb that isn't successful sticking to your game plan?

Example: rex and Rob's defense

Edited by The Wiz

if it helps to win football games, do what you need to do to succeed.

I was joking around. Tinker away.

As long as it works. If it doesn't the they doubled the problem.

what looks better, a QB that is limited but successful if you change what you're doing or a qb that isn't successful sticking to your game plan?

Example: rex and Rob's defense

See above

limited but successful

IMO that keeps us at .500 ball. We need better. No?

He can taylor it all he wants but Tyrod will always be an inconsistent qb. That was arguably TTs best game as a Bill but its a pretty standard game for most competent starting QBs in the nfl.

If he puts back to back good games together against good competition, perhaps we finally have something.

I was joking around. Tinker away.

As long as it works. If it doesn't the they doubled the problem.

See above

limited but successful

IMO that keeps us at .500 ball. We need better. No?

no doubt that keeps us afloat and it should be upgraded but for a coaching staff/new staff they are going to do what they need to for themselves as much as the limited player.

AKA I'll change my plans to make you do better and make me look good.

It's not hard to think that the current staff saw that the old staff were set in their ways and just rolled with whatever came.

Edited by The Wiz