Kyle Orton on the Wall of Fame...yes or no?

BringBackFergy

You must be kidding me... He was a fireman who brought the three alarm blaze down... but he didnt put out the fire... The Wall is special... Orton didnt do anything special for the Bills...

If the Wall is so special, why do we have an old school, front office fella named Pat McGroder on there considering he didn't throw for 4000+ extrapolated yards, 28 extrapolated TD's and garner the support and love of a community for bringing winning football back to our beloved city. People walked around the city with their heads a little higher, their clothing always had some hint of blue or white in it...I even saw tv news spots showing kids sliding with the football in their front yards, getting up and giving their buddies high fives. If you research it further, #18 was one of the most popular number selections in both high school football and field hockey. So who had a greater impact on Bills football and the community as a whole?? I think the above stats speak for themselves.

If Orton deserves it, might as well put Maybin up there, too.

If the OP isn't joking, it's sad.

While Maybin's art is impressive, the wall is about football, and Maybin never led his men and got it done both on the field and in the locker room like Kyle Orton did. Maybin has no business being on the wall.

While Maybin's art is impressive, the wall is about football, and Maybin never led his men and got it done both on the field and in the locker room like Kyle Orton did. Maybin has no business being on the wall.

there is nothing impressive about Maybins art unless you say he wants to make an impression as an artist. He tried his best impression as a Football player and failed.

there is nothing impressive about Maybins art unless you say he wants to make an impression as an artist. He tried his best impression as a Football player and failed.

he exposed the Bills braintrust, still waiting for the franchise to try an alternative path to glory.

If the Wall is so special, why do we have an old school, front office fella named Pat McGroder on there considering he didn't throw for 4000+ extrapolated yards, 28 extrapolated TD's and garner the support and love of a community for bringing winning football back to our beloved city. People walked around the city with their heads a little higher, their clothing always had some hint of blue or white in it...I even saw tv news spots showing kids sliding with the football in their front yards, getting up and giving their buddies high fives. If you research it further, #18 was one of the most popular number selections in both high school football and field hockey. So who had a greater impact on Bills football and the community as a whole?? I think the above stats speak for themselves.

Easy answer... Pat MacGroder. He helped bring the NFL to Buffalo. No small feat back in the day. And, Im old enough to remember rooting for Cookie and Jack in the glory days of the AFL... when I was in 7th grade : )

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_McGroder

Edited by Believer

I just read that its Ralph Wilsons birthday and I thank him for bringing the team to Buffalo. But others have said (above) that Pat McGroder brought pro football to Buffalo and for that he deserves recognition on Wall of Fame. Needless to say, Im confused. If Ralph brought pro football to Buffalo, then Pat McGroder wasnt integral to our franchise or the wall. Yet Kyle Orton, who gave us a glimmer of hope during a dark era of franchise playoff famine, does not qualify? Smh

He sacrificed precious time with his new born to bring us to our finest seasonal record during the drought. He is a man of high moral character and family values. That's the kind of character we want on the WOF. Orton donated over a million dollars to the air force veterans memorial in Colorado Springs after seeing their show in Denver. He also works with to help homeless vets who are down on their luck. Lastly, he has been an advocate for military wives educational stipend since 2008. Finally, he helped to find homes for abandoned pit bulls called Kyle's Pits.

I don't think donating money to charity buys your way onto the wall of fame.

Extrapolated statistics are an entirely different matter though.

wake.jpg

The extrapolation theory only applies to Kyle Orton really. There are other QB's who have several years on the team and we have a larger body of work to analyze. Since Orton was the field general for one season, we have to extrapolate based on that one year but in conjunction with his prior years in the NFL and his college career. After taking all numbers into consideration and projecting (extrapolating) for the four games he missed while we coddled EJ, his career would have been Wall Worthy no doubt.

I opined right at the start. The answer is NO.

It's easy to say no. It's a lot more difficult to make one understand why, especially faced with the facts in favor of him being honored.

It's easy to say no. It's a lot more difficult to make one understand why, especially faced with the facts in favor of him being honored.

I've noticed that a lot on this board. Some people have preconceived notions and will not admit something even with a mountain of evidence saying otherwise. For the 48% of the people in this thread that say "No" we can only reiterate the incontrovertible facts.