Jump to content

ROLL TIDE!!


Canadian Bills Fan
 Share

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

@BillfromNYC congrats on a great game, an unbelievable season, and another championship.

Thanks my friend. OSU fought with all they had under really tough circumstances. They have nothing, not one thing to be ashamed of and will continue to be great for many years.

Hopefully, we will meet again.

Thanks again! 

3 hours ago, jkeerie said:

I see what you mean about Barmore.

His draft grade just went through the roof.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks to the Crimson Tide for providing me with happiness in these times of despair. I have all the faith in the world in the Buffalo Bills and am feeling nothing but positive vibes. The Bills, imo, are about to join the Tide as "winners in the world." GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, buffalojedwardo said:

its weird to me we have Bama fans 

 

My dad was from Dunkirk, NY and my mom was from Mobile, AL. I grew up as a kid in WNY in the '70s. My dad and living in the area instilled my love of the Bills and Sabres. My mom is the reason that I am an Alabama fan. I have been a diehard since the days of Bear Bryant and I've loved the Bills and Crimson Tide football before it was ever cool.

 

GO BILLS, ROLL TIDE!!!

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

My father was born in Alabama and I watched games with him as a little kid. I only wish he was alive to see this.

 

Same here Bill. My mom passed in 2008. She saw some good Bama teams and national titles but nothing like this unprecedented success. When the Bills finally win a Super Bowl (hopefully this season), I am sure I will shed tears for the many people I love who passed without ever seeing it, including my grandparents and Mom (she loved the Bills because her three kids did)...and especially Dad who passed last November. It really sucks that he missed this special season. A world title by the Bills will be cathartic and a little bittersweet for me. My two sons are diehard Bills fans and I hope I get to experience the moment with them. My younger son is a sports nut like me and loves Bama, too, so we have gotten to enjoy the Saban era together. My dad brought me into the Lou Saban era and I have brought my sons into the Nick Saban era. There is some cool symmetry there. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Congrats! Best college offense I’ve ever seen. Hope Devonta hand is ok. Wonder where Mac Jones ends up in the nfl. Very impressive. I hope the bills get Najee. 

Should we line up the NFL's 'underperformers' of 2020 for some impromptu games?  Or maybe just an online argument (or three)? 😁

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Congrats! Best college offense I’ve ever seen. Hope Devonta hand is ok. Wonder where Mac Jones ends up in the nfl. Very impressive. I hope the bills get Najee. 

 

Thanks, Yolo. Sorry it was at the expense of your Bucks. Smith was pretty coy about his hand after the game and just said that he was "fine" without offering any specifics. They were saying on the broadcast last night, late 1st Round for Jones. I was thinking 2nd or early 3rd. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Congrats! Best college offense I’ve ever seen. Hope Devonta hand is ok. Wonder where Mac Jones ends up in the nfl. Very impressive. I hope the bills get Najee. 

Thanks Yolo. OSU and Day have long, bright futures.

 

Other than the obvious big 3, I think that Sark and Barmore stole the show. I never saw a couple of those motion plays and I watch every down of every game. As for Barmore, I truly don't know if we would have won without him. OSU did a great job at containing Will Anderson for most of the game. Barmore was just on fire.

 

Both teams suffered far too many illnesses/injuries during this strange season and in and before this game. I hope that they all heal and return to 100% immediately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

 

My dad was from Dunkirk, NY and my mom was from Mobile, AL. I grew up as a kid in WNY in the '70s. My dad and living in the area instilled my love of the Bills and Sabres. My mom is the reason that I am an Alabama fan. I have been a diehard since the days of Bear Bryant and I've loved the Bills and Crimson Tide football before it was ever cool.

 

GO BILLS, ROLL TIDE!!!

I can respect that...however I root against them in every game. Its the underdog in me.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, buffalojedwardo said:

I can respect that...however I root against them in every game. Its the underdog in me.

 

And I can respect that. They are like the Yankees or Lakers...if they are not your team, you probably can't stand them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Figster said:

 

 

 

Some team is about to get VERY lucky. This kid is absolutely GREAT and is going to tear the NFL apart. He is only a half step slower than Ruggs, (the fastest man in the NFL) and has MUCH better moves. I mean WAY better. I have not seen a whole lot of receivers in my life that are harder to cover. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2021 at 10:37 AM, Cynical said:

Saban's Coach Rehab clinic continues- Welcome new OC Bill O'Brien to Tuscaloosa.

 

Not sure about this hire. But then again, I was surprised Nick rehired Sarkisian given what happened the first time around.

I think that O'Brien will be a good fit. Saban hires coaches who will buy into his process. It's all cool. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Are there any Tide fans to post their thoughts about the "A" Game?

 

I for one was pleased with Bryce Young. In real games, he is going to run his way out a lot of trouble. I also came away thinking that he is smart and accurate. 

 

I also think that their defense  (barring major injuries of course) is going to be easily the best in the NCAA. They appear to be solid and very deep in every area. Still, given the players that we are losing, if the Tide wins a title this year, it will be the best coaching job in the great, storied career of Coach Saban or any other college coach imo. 

 

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Are there any Tide fans to post their thoughts about the "A" Game?

 

I for one was pleased with Bryce Young. In real games, he is going to run his way out a lot of trouble. I also came away thinking that he is smart and accurate. 

 

I also think that their defense  (barring major injuries of course) is going to be easily the best in the NCAA. They appear to be solid and very deep in every area. Still, given the players that we are losing, if the Tide wins a title this year, it will be the best coaching job in the great, storied career of Coach Saban or any other college coach imo. 

 

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I was glad to see fans in the stands.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2021 at 4:37 AM, Blokestradamus said:

 

Is there anywhere that has the full game uploaded? An account I follow on Youtube has put up highlights of a number of spring games.

I don't know but I couldn't even tape the full game because it switched to the app after 2 hours. The next show was called QB21 featuring Mac Jones. I suggest that those with serious doubts about Mac watch this show. He stands in front of a giant screen and explains his reads, etc. I am talking about really fast decision making.

 

This kid is VERY smart and I think that he will be quite the success in the NFL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...