ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Great win by Bama, but can anyone explain Auburn’s defense on the long fourth and goal? Obviously you don’t blitz, but no one even attempted to rush the QB. Three defensive lineman just stood back, what purpose did they serve? 

Wasn’t that bad and looked to be man coverage across the board, just great execution by Bama. Two split left, inside WR pulled the safety helping on top with a deep post to the back of the EZ leaving a one on one for Bonds in the corner. Dart of a throw by Milroe!

57 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

If anybody ever asks me what Billsy means, I will say Auburn at the end of the iron Bowl in 2023. 

Many teams have their Billsy moments. How about the Jets yesterday? With the Fish at mid-field and 9 seconds left in the half Jets intercept leaving 2 seconds on the clock. What could go wrong? lol

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BBFL said:

Wasn’t that bad and looked to be man coverage across the board, just great execution by Bama. Two split left, inside WR pulled the safety helping on top with a deep post to the back of the EZ leaving a one on one for Bonds in the corner. Dart of a throw by Milroe!

Btw Coach Saban said in the press conference that they actually practice that situational play. EASILY the GOAT. The way they played one would think that they have zero chance to beat Georgia.

That said, giving points to Nick Saban/Alabama is usually a bad idea.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Great win by Bama, but can anyone explain Auburn’s defense on the long fourth and goal? Obviously you don’t blitz, but no one even attempted to rush the QB. Three defensive lineman just stood back, what purpose did they serve? 

They wanted front row seats to one of the greatest plays in Iron Bowl history ....

😄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Now let's hope that the committee does what is right. Georgia (imo) is better than any team that will be in the playoffs. That doesn't mean that we will beat them all. It means that we can.

ROLL TIDE 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🦣👍🐘👍

Edited by Bill from NYC

7 hours ago, FireChans said:

Michigan, Washington, Texas, FSU.

Your CFP slate 

Sure, cheaters, a so-so team that plays against garbage, a very good team, and another so-so team with an injured QB who plays against absolute garbage and has NO chance to win the title.

Alabama OR Georgia would probably shut out FSU. Either of them would be playing reserves by the 3rd quarter in a romp. 

I hope that the committee is honest and intelligent enough to remember the dog walking that TCU suffered at the hands of UGA, and that team was clearly superior to Florida State.

The playoffs are (or should be) for the best teams, not imposters.

Following the rules of logic Alabama can be placed ahead of Texas or Georgia but not both.  Either overall body of work trumps head to head, in which case Georgia > Bama or the other way, in which case Texas > Alabama.  A case can be made for both Tex and Ga being superior as Bama was life and death to beat unranked A&M, Arkansas, and Auburn.  To be fair, they crushed Chattanooga, Middle Tennessee and had a 14 point win over S. Fla in their top notch non-conference schedule.  They 100% played great yesterday and narrowly but deservedly won.  Even with that, it simply can’t be said Bama was better all year than Ga.  

In a fair system Alabama should not realistically be considered for the playoff.  That is not the way this works though.  An undefeated team will get bounced for Bama because their QB is hurt.  Nice precedent for guys like Greggggggg Williams to form game plans.  It will be interesting to see whether Texas or Georgia is the other team.  Maybe both if the committee decides to expedite the PAC-12’s death by a few weeks.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Sure, cheaters, a so-so team that plays against garbage, a very good team, and another so-so team with an injured QB who plays against absolute garbage and has NO chance to win the title.

Alabama OR Georgia would probably shut out FSU. Either of them would be playing reserves by the 3rd quarter in a romp. 

I hope that the committee is honest and intelligent enough to remember the dog walking that TCU suffered at the hands of UGA, and that team was clearly superior to Florida State.

Bama needed a miracle to beat a team that lost to New Mexico State.

it won’t matter because Bama and Georgia won’t make it, and they don’t deserve to. FSU gets Michigan.

Edited by FireChans

1 hour ago, Lionel Hutz said:

How many Alabama fans in this thread actually graduated from Alabama?

lmfao - I have a close friend who moved away years ago, never went to college, ended up connecting with some Michigan fans, had a great time at a game in the Big House and now I get the Go Blue texts from him. Which are countered by another close friend who is a fan of OSU despite probably never setting foot in the state of Ohio. As an out of market Bills fan I have no issue with anyone rooting for any team for any reason (as long as their loyal). Myself? I went to a school that was an NCAA D-1 hockey champion when I attended which was really cool - but I feel no real allegiance to the school that I paid to attend.

Long story longer- it's funny how we choose and defend our allegiances to sports teams.

23 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Clown shoes 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.