ROLL TIDE!!

Canadian Bills Fan

59 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Nah, Clemson played the Citadel back in 2020.

They have also played UConn and Furman in recent memory.

And look, Clemson does have that power house Charleston Southern on their 2023 schedule.

Charleston Southern certainly can’t hold a candle to Chattanooga, but I digress.  Why bother discussing any non SEC team?  Why are they even allowed to exist? They’re as useless as cornerbacks.  Until all teams are absorbed into the SEC and eventually into the mother ship itself, college football will remain needlessly asymmetrical and subject to the laws of space and time.  But don’t worry, the singularity is inevitable.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cynical said:

He has some success against SEC teams, so he may not care.

He does. Part of the reason for this is that his team is fresh and rested after playing the patsies in the ACC. He puts everybody in the game and rests his starters when they are way ahead. I am not saying that he is a bad coach; he isn't. I do however think that it is to his advantage to stay where he is and beat up on all of the weak teams.

Of course, jmo.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

I do however think that it is to his advantage to stay where he is and beat up on all of the weak teams.

I also think that is an advantage he has.

However, I don't think he would pull a Riley and bolt for another team at the first whiff of Clemson joining the SEC.

At a press conference last year, Dabo was asked his opinion regarding Clemson fans wanting to join the SEC.

Essentially he stated that players come to Clemson because of Clemson and what it can offer.

Not what conference they do or do not play in.

I think there is a lot of truth in that.

As long he can keep Clemson in the talks of a NC every year, Clemson will attract players.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

He does. Part of the reason for this is that his team is fresh and rested after playing the patsies in the ACC. He puts everybody in the game and rests his starters when they are way ahead. I am not saying that he is a bad coach; he isn't. I do however think that it is to his advantage to stay where he is and beat up on all of the weak teams.

Of course, jmo.

Minor details in the overall scheme.  Honestly, why should any other school be allowed to have a team when they are all hopelessly doomed to an infinity of inferiority?  It’s a joke, but I guess it must be allowed to play out until they are all extinguished by the singularity.

27 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Minor details in the overall scheme.  Honestly, why should any other school be allowed to have a team when they are all hopelessly doomed to an infinity of inferiority?  It’s a joke, but I guess it must be allowed to play out until they are all extinguished by the singularity.

I really do hope that you get yourself together and feel better.

Thank you SDS for the ignore list. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Kiffin on Finebaums view of Saban's legacy:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/lane-kiffin-takes-shot-at-paul-finebaum-for-commenting-on-nick-sabans-dynasty/

“It’s why we have Finebaum to motivate him every other year and say ‘Oh his dynasty is over,’ and this is the end of Saban and then we’re like, ‘Hey thanks a lot for pissing him off,' Kiffin said."

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Cynical said:

A Matt Wyatt breakdown of Jalen Milroe's performance this past Saturday

https://youtu.be/cMguPKRTr68?si=quMHrz2fNllJIn9w

Good video. On offense, Bama is exceptionally deep at RB and TE. This kid Niblack looks amazing and they have at least 3 other good ones. That freshman RB Haynes needs more playing time but they have at least 5 good ones. The OL is better than last year. The receivers seem to have improved. Check out Kobe prentice. Milroe was impressive but he will face many good teams. I think that he can do it but if he cannot, I do like Ty Simpson. 

On defense, this might actually be the best set of LBs in the history of the team, this after losing Will Anderson! The secondary is talented and deep. If the DL can provide some amount of pressure, teams will have trouble scoring. Steele (unlike Golding) loves the attack style defense and these lbs (led by Dallas Turner) are amazing.

Texas will be a tough test. They are talented and I am a big fan of Sark. I hope we can shut down his complicated offense.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.