Tyrod QBR

I get what you're saying. But let's look at this from the other side. There are days when neither the defense nor the running attack is effective enough and you must pass to win. Some Sundays you need your QB to throw for 300 yards or more.

If the team can win with the the QB just being a role player, great. But can your QB be the hero when you need production in the passing game? When the defense is looking for the pass, can your QB still drive the team down the field?

Those are the questions people ask about TT and about all QBs. Timely "Passing Yards" do matter.

AMEN brother :excl:

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what you're saying. But let's look at this from the other side. There are days when neither the defense nor the running attack is effective enough and you must pass to win. Some Sundays you need your QB to throw for 300 yards or more.

If the team can win with the the QB just being a role player, great. But can your QB be the hero when you need production in the passing game? When the defense is looking for the pass, can your QB still drive the team down the field?

Those are the questions people ask about TT and about all QBs. Timely "Passing Yards" do matter.

Do they have a stat for "timely passing yards"? Cuz I haven't seen one.

Doesn't ESPN's QBR factor in the context of a play? Everybody hates that stat.

everybody hates it becuz if you use it, it doesn't fit into the "tyrod sucks" analysis.

sarcasm aside.... I think it may take into accounts downs and distance maybe but I don't know about if it takes "when" it happened into account or stuff like that. its quite mysterious.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

everybody hates it becuz if you use it, it doesn't fit into the "tyrod sucks" analysis.

sarcasm aside.... I think it may take into accounts downs and distance maybe but I don't know about if it takes "when" it happened into account or stuff like that. its quite mysterious.

Yeah, I thought it factored in down and distance, as well as quarter.

Nooo. How? Tyrod sucks. I heard it all offseason.

per NFL.com

Brady 1092 - 71 of 110

Brees 867 - 76 of 111

Stafford 678 - 69 of 107

Taylor 562 - 53 of 79

Funny they left off #1 Sam Bradford, #2 Alex Smith and #4 Jared Goff

3 sites 3 different results. It shows that these QB ranking are inaccurate indicators

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Don't know if this came up at some point in this thread, but Joe Flacco had a QBR of 0.8 last week. Fifth worst in the last decade apparently; hard to imagine a lower QBR. Fella got hot at the right time his super bowl year and cashed in.

Edited by Dr. Who

Another indicator that Taylor is at least a top 10 QB. But no one is saying that....

OYE.

TT has "stats" that put him in the top 10. That doesn't mean he's a top 10 QB.

Jared Goff is in the top 5 statistically. Is he really a Top 5 QB?

BTW .... the QB stats for JG are better than TT in Completion %, total yards, YDS/A, TD’s and QB RATE

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

You can't seriously believe Taylor is "at least" a top 10 qb.

I love Tyrod but he's not Brady, Carr, Rodgers or Ryan. But he is comparable to Tannehill, Dalton, Siemian, etc. Plus is escapability is a wild card few QBs possess. You can't discount that.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I love Tyrod but he's not Brady, Carr, Rodgers or Ryan. But he is comparable to Tannehill, Dalton, Siemian, etc. Plus is escapability is a wild card few QBs possess. You can't discount that.

I agree with that. Long term, I want a top tier franchise qb, but Taylor appears to be somewhat better than I anticipated. Hope he keeps playing well.

Sigh. We get this after a game where the Bills' running backs gained 62 yards on 25 carries. Four regular season games back ( for TT) the defense had a total meltdown, the game was a complete shoot-out, Taylor faced a 14 point deficit three separate times - and still he put the team up under two minutes with a TD pass on a fourth down play. I sometimes doubt there's anything the man can do which can kill all the clichés.

Sigh. We get this after a game where the Bills' running backs gained 62 yards on 25 carries. Four regular season games back ( for TT) the defense had a total meltdown, the game was a complete shoot-out, Taylor faced a 14 point deficit three separate times - and still he put the team up under two minutes with a TD pass on a fourth down play. I sometimes doubt there's anything the man can do which can kill all the clichés.

and the Bills lost. amiright?

When Taylor faces a 14 point deficit three separate times and comes out with a W, then we can all shout with glee.