We're on to Denver

folz

I stepped away from the board for a couple of days and was surprised when I came back to still see so many posters kvetching.

First of all, Sammy, Robert, Marquise, Hogan, Gilmore, Gilislee, etc. are gone. What is the point moaning over it, good decision or bad. Root for the guys who are here. McDermott and Beane are going to have a long leash. They aren't going anywhere soon, so let's give them more than two weeks to see what they are building towards.

Secondly, what did some of you expect? It's a new coaching staff, an entirely new receiving corp, a new blocking scheme, a QB who had, what, one practice with his new receiver before week one and a rookie on the other side. Not to mention that most offenses struggled the first two weeks of the season this year. There was no way this team was coming out of the gate on fire. It was obviously going to take this team (the offense more specifically) at least a few weeks to start putting it together. Look at Miami last year (with a new head coach), they started out rough and still wound up in the playoffs. (No, I'm not saying the Bills will make the playoffs, but I'm also not automatically counting them out after just two weeks either, however improbable it may seem at the moment.)

And with as many 4-6 win predictions as were made, I'm surprised people are so upset sitting at 1-1, no matter who we played. So many fans wanted us to tank, but are now upset at one loss? I assume those people are already chalking up this Broncos game as a loss too.

Not me...Go Bills!

Let's put the past behind us and take it one game at a time.

We're on to Denver.

I see a similar result but with more scoring. Denver offense better than Carolina's, Bills looking to be better on offense at home. 23-17 Broncos. No way Bills win this one IMO. 17 points even seems like a lot to expect. we will see. won't be watching ; will probably be still in car driving up to see mom in Rochester

I think the main issue is that most people are not on to Denver, they're on to 2018, and with good reason.

The feeling is that this is pretty much a throwaway season with not much meaning to it. If that's the case, why not just go all the way? I'll be at every game but never have I had such little emotion in a season...it's like ok, the real Bills of the future will be here next year.

There is zero chance Tyrod is here next year so every game he starts is like eh, what's the point? Clearly this game plan does not fit him so the faster they get Petermen in, the faster we find out if we even have a back-up for next year.

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

I think the loss stings because it was so close and if we won - we'd be talking less about rebuilding and more about fine tuning - okay maybe not that far forward but it would have been a great road win.

But do agree it can still be a good season to root for the Bills and will be at the game this weekend with my son and hope it is as much fun as the opener was -supposed to be just as warm if not warmer.

I think the main issue is that most people are not on to Denver, they're on to 2018, and with good reason.

The feeling is that this is pretty much a throwaway season with not much meaning to it. If that's the case, why not just go all the way? I'll be at every game but never have I had such little emotion in a season...it's like ok, the real Bills of the future will be here next year.

There is zero chance Tyrod is here next year so every game he starts is like eh, what's the point? Clearly this game plan does not fit him so the faster they get Petermen in, the faster we find out if we even have a back-up for next year.

pretty much sums it up... injuries piling up. the usual drill

peterman in after the bye, IMO

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

I just want to see us throw the ball early and often and get the passing game in a rythym and use the pass game to set up the run game for once. If Dennison cant get it together vs a defense he practiced against for years its not a good sign. Too bad we couldnt get McVay at OC

I just want to see us throw the ball early and often and get the passing game in a rythym and use the pass game to set up the run game for once. If Dennison cant get it together vs a defense he practiced against for years its not a good sign. Too bad we couldnt get McVay at OC

McVay is younger than half our team. we have the 2nd oldest roster in the NFL

The fact is, in early August I was pumped for the season. Possibly going 9-7 and making the playoffs, and using all of those draft picks to build for the future. Instead, our playoff drought will reach 17 years and this year is a waste. No matter what those picks would've been there. seriously what is the value of a 4th rounder?

What will 2018 be like when K Williams retires, the Bills dump Dareus and they have a rookie QB starting? Better?