So... Isn't Cordy and Marcel...

CEN-CAL17

The Bills 2 highest paid players on this squad?

Dareus has been such a let down. Physically has all the tool of a Warren Sapp just doesn't have the intensity or drive.

No qualms with Cordy except wth, can he be counted on?

LT will be in high demand next draft as well as DT.

Bad thing is, I doubt either one of these players could be traded. But at this rate if neither really produce this year it may be worth moving on and taking the hit. To me it's like a huge eye sore for the rest of the team knowing 2 "leaders", veterans on this team who are each the highest paid on both sides of the ball cant be counted on on Sunday's.

I'm just frustrated as all heck with these 2. I get it, it's an Injury deal, which is true but Cordy hasn't lived up to his potential/pay and we all know Dareus already has 1 foot out the door.

All this while Zo a 34 yr old OLB is balling out of control!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dareus has been a huge bust since signing his contract.

I hope we move him next summer. He's always hurt and generally doesn't make any difference for us when he's on the field.

Albert Haynesworth 2.0.

Arguably the worst contract in the NFL right now. Unbelievable that Whaley approved a contract which carries no financial punishments if he is suspended.

Dareus has been a huge bust since signing his contract.

I hope we move him next summer. He's always hurt and generally doesn't make any difference for us when he's on the field.

Albert Haynesworth 2.0.

If only this were true.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/246019/when-could-the-bills-get-out-from-marcell-dareus-contract

So to move on from Dareus the best way would be to cut him pre-June 1 in 2018. We would have to deal with $16 million in dead cap for 2018 but nothing in 2019.

I don't expect him to be on the team next season.

No we have him this year and the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arguably the worst contract in the NFL right now. Unbelievable that Whaley approved a contract which carries no financial punishments if he is suspended.

I agree on the contract but I don't know where people get the no financial punishment stuff from.

Marcell Dareus will lose plenty of money and security due to his suspension
Posted by Mike Florio on August 16, 2016, 4:51 PM EDT

AP

Many are calling Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus selfish for the four-game suspension that will sideline him to start the 2016 season. From the perspective of the financial consequences arising from the suspension, the move was anything but selfish.

With a base salary of $7.9 million for 2016, Dareus will lose more than $1.85 million for the four weeks he’s on suspension. With $5 million of his $25 million signing bonus counting against the 2016 cap, he’ll also be required to pay back 4/17th of that amount. That’s another $1.17 million.

Likewise, with a $7 million option bonus earned this year, Dareus will be required to pay back $274,510, per a source with knowledge of the specific calculation.

The Bills are required to seek repayment, even if they don’t want to. (Given their obvious anger with Dareus, they apparently want to.) Under the labor deal, the Bills can automatically get repayment by keeping future money due to Dareus.

In all, the price tag for the Dareus suspension exceeds $3.3 million, making whatever substance he took the most expensive form of that substance in the world.

UPDATE 6:00 p.m. ET: A prior version of this post said that all future guarantees in the Dareus deal have voided. Per a source with knowledge of the contract, the specific language of the deal voids only the guarantees for the year in which a default occurs. All guarantees beyond 2016 remain in effect.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/16/marcell-dareus-will-lose-plenty-of-money-and-security-due-to-his-suspension/

I agree on the contract but I don't know where people get the no financial punishment stuff from.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/16/marcell-dareus-will-lose-plenty-of-money-and-security-due-to-his-suspension/

Well he didn't sacrifice any guaranteed money and we couldn't void the contract. It was very favorable to Dareus for no good reason.

Well he didn't sacrifice any guaranteed money and we couldn't void the contract. It was very favorable to Dareus for no good reason.

I don't know a team that has ever voided a contract scott free after a suspension. Not too many teams have even cut a player after a suspension. He also did lose over $4 mil. The contract itself is terrible because he is payed way too much, but the suspension thing isn't a thing as far as contract.

This is the reason McD and Beane are flushing the roster if financially possible. It was a losing culture built by a moronic GM. I remember an interview Whaley gave once when he said something to the effect "You need 7 elite players and a supporting cast". Darius was one of those elites and was treated like one for too many years. He will be gone as soon as possible. His type is the McD kryptonite. Sammy had a bit of this in him too. It's kinda like that that girl from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Veruca Salt. People suck you off for long enough, you get that big head, lose touch with reality and think you are bigger than the team. I blame Whaley for all this ****.

I dont know the man, but to me it seems like Cordy just doesn't like to play the game. He`s got terrible body language and an "I don't give a ****" demeanor about him. I don't think McD likes that either. I believe he's gone too. Especially if Dion plays well.

Another one of my honest, non pointed questions (I don't know the answer)....

Who was the last player to have any serious voiding of a contract/guarantees?

Not the same - Glenn doesn't have a long history of missing games, nor does he have any suspensions. He is just a a good player making market value trying to battle a legitimate injury.

And any extension you almost have to expect an injury to mess up a year of... it's just a lot to expect an NFL player to be dominant and healthy through his rookie deal AND he's big second deal