Best D in AFC: Denver? Bflo? Nope - Steelers

YoloinOhio

Says Andy Benoit...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/20/pittsburgh-steelers-best-defense-afc

The rumor was Whaley wanted to interview Keith Butler before hiring McD but Pegs wanted to move forward. Certainly not unhappy with McD myself, but just found it interesting.

The Steelers D is decent but I wish people used perspective. They beat a young growing Browns team and Vikings team missing their QB. Beat some true competition and sure I will say they are that good, but the Steelers are one of those teams people want to anoint as great the moment they have any success.

The steelers have played the browns and the Vikings backup QB at home

Exactly. We'll see how they do once they face better comp.......... Though we have played the Jets and Panthers. We'll see how we fare against better comp as well. :thumbsup:

Not sure what this thread means. Should have hired Butler instead?

no it was just an anecdote that I added, about Whaley wanting to interview Butler. He wasn't interviewed anywhere that I know of. Btw I'm not a Whaley fan and have no agenda. I do think the Steelers have finally built a SB- quality D to go with their Offense. That's really what it's about - all the great Ds in the AFC. And while we alll talk about the others, this is the one Benoit (film nut) thinks is the best. Edited by YoloinOhio

Says Andy Benoit...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/20/pittsburgh-steelers-best-defense-afc

The rumor was Whaley wanted to interview Keith Butler before hiring McD but Pegs wanted to move forward. Certainly not unhappy with McD myself, but just found it interesting.

I love the Pegulas but they completely neutered Whaley.

Some in Baltimore are thinking this year could be a better D than 2000.

Crackheads who were on the Wire maybe.