2 nd earthquake in Mexico in twelve days

poblano

Wow! Take care. Have there been aftershocks?

That woman was sure lucky! That landed right where she was. Looked like she had a hard time moving to begin with... Thankfully she was able to clear away!

Praying for you guys!

Actually there was the shock than the loss, but several ancient buildings have damages.

Also there are other towns and small cities with human losses

Pure speculation but I've wondered if detonating nuclear weapons underground has "jostled" something that results in having two quakes in Mexico and one in Japan, all in a relatively short period of time.

...and even further speculation - did it trigger underwater ocean volcano activity that has led to warmer ocean waters to spin up this series of hurricanes?

Pure speculation but I've wondered if detonating nuclear weapons underground has "jostled" something that results in having two quakes in Mexico and one in Japan, all in a relatively short period of time.

...and even further speculation - did it trigger underwater ocean volcano activity that has led to warmer ocean waters to spin up this series of hurricanes?

When and where did this happen?

oceans were cooler than normal last i read Edited by Boyst62

At the risk of sounding callous, they only use vertical rebar there? Edited by Kevbeau

Comparing California's structural preparedness to that of Mexico City is asinine. I flew in and out of Mexico City once and couldn't believe what I saw.

Comparing California's structural preparedness to that of Mexico City is asinine. I flew in and out of Mexico City once and couldn't believe what I saw.

That's right. In Mexico(country, not only the city) corruption rules and with this we can said is deadly.

I'm hurtful by saying this becauase i'm mexican and to live surrounded by corruption is frustating

Tell me about. Not Mexico City, but my sister inlaw is from Monterrey. I went there once and only once. I kissed the ground in South Chicago when I got back.

Yes. I think we all realize that is true, yet something can always be learned from others.

What you say is a simpleton point that, IMO, the article is NOT trying to make.

We all know the building standards in Cali are light years ahead of most of Mexico.

It is the repeat stress even put on strict earthquake tolerant buildings that should still be taken seriously. Never let quality down. Unfortunately, that quality is expensive!

I would love to just sit around and say we have way better building standards than Mexico and be done with it. That's when complacency slowly creeps into our way of thinking. You are never too safe. That safety is an ongoing battle between enough protection and cost of too much overkill.

Somehow we have to live in a practical world where nobody dies from a natural calamity. That just ain't going to happen.

Carry on.