Matthews: Blame Tyrod if you must.

JM2009

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of Devil's Advocates for the team... Offense sucked. And, honestly the defense was average (yes, I think that little of the Panthers' offense).

Coaching was pretty sheety. The fourth down run? What abut all the runNing plays for that matter? Why is nobody bitching about the running game? Or, is it the 8 in the box excuse? I mean, we didn't even get to the box...

I totally thought this thread title was a quote from Jordan Matthews. Who is Matthews?

...self proclaimed "Bobby the American".....the D&C's omnipotent God of Sports, especially the Bills......he's Roch-Cha-Cha's version of Jerry Sullivan whose lipstick on his twin cheeks is his own....take it from there.............

Wrong Holmes is absolutely a deep and intermediate route runner.

Yeah, 4 years ago he caught a deep ball........good take :lol: ........unfortunately things change........if you think that gangly, clumsy, beat-up dude is going to keep a DC up at night you are wrong.......again. :lol:

A lot of Devil's Advocates for the team... Offense sucked. And, honestly the defense was average (yes, I think that little of the Panthers' offense).

Coaching was pretty sheety. The fourth down run? What abut all the runNing plays for that matter? Why is nobody bitching about the running game? Or, is it the 8 in the box excuse? I mean, we didn't even get to the box...

We'll know if this defense is for real this week. I think they are.

Yeah, 4 years ago he caught a deep ball........good take :lol: ........unfortunately things change........if you think that gangly, clumsy, beat-up dude is going to keep a DC up at night you are wrong.......again. :lol:

To be fair, I was thinking that MajBobby meant that Holmes was a deep threat except for the entirety of Holmes' career.

There are charts on all his routes in Oak. They were intermediate and deep. But its ok. Stick with the no deep route runners.

Nevermind Zays 4.4 speed. Either. Has to be 4.3 to run deep.

Ooo nevermind routes either no way can O'Leary or Clay get down the seam and matchup well against a Safety.

I will jump on board TT is fine for this team just build an all pro team around him for us to get that 1st round playoff exit

To be fair, I was thinking that MajBobby meant that Holmes was a deep threat except for the entirety of Holmes' career.

To be fair go read about Holmes and hit route tree he ran in Oakland.

Every once in a while MajBobby pulls a real gem like that from his backside.

But I am probably wrong and scouts all over the league are wondering why Tyrod can't get the ball to Andre Holmes more downfield. :lol:

http://wham1180.iheart.com/featured/bob-matthews-column/content/2017-09-18-matthews-blame-tyrod-if-you-must/

"Taylor is the convenient player to blame. I don’t think that’s fair.

Tyrod isn’t good enough to lift an average team into the playoffs. But I don’t think he is the worst problem the Bills have throwing the football. Buffalo’s current group of five wide receivers – including two who primarily return kicks – is among the worst in the NFL (I’m trying to be kind).

Critics were crying for Taylor to throw deep against Carolina. Throw deep to who? Sammy Watkins, or Robert Woods, or Chris Hogan, or Marquise Goodwin? They’re all gone.

I suppose Taylor is on thin ice now. Everybody loves the backup quarterback.

Maybe rookie Nathan Peterman could save the day. Hit the deep ball. Spread the field. Open up space for McCoy to run.

I doubt it. What do you think? Are you eager to find out?"

"Suggested trade (I’m serious about this): McCoy and Taylor to a marginal playoff contender that might need an upgrade at running back and No. 2 quarterback for a first-round draft pick in 2008 or 2009."

Because a first round pick in 2008 and 2009 would do us so much good :w00t:

Where's DC Tom to talk to this guy?

There are charts on all his routes in Oak. They were intermediate and deep. But its ok. Stick with the no deep route runners.

Ooo nevermind routes either no way can O'Leary or Clay get down the seam and matchup well against a Safety.

I will jump on board TT is fine for this team just build an all pro team around him for us to get that 1st round playoff exit

So, you disagree that this is a bad WR corps.

It's unfair that a millionaire who isn't good at his job is being blamed for being bad at his job? How awful.

He could always, you know...play better.

Well, dude, you won't see any better from Peterman ... or your supposed savior franchise QB next season or the one after that. QBs need protection and targets. Ask Andy Dalton and Andrew Luck.

"Suggested trade (I’m serious about this): McCoy and Taylor to a marginal playoff contender that might need an upgrade at running back and No. 2 quarterback for a first-round draft pick in 2008 or 2009."

Because a first round pick in 2008 and 2009 would do us so much good :w00t:

Where's DC Tom to talk to this guy?

lol I missed that.

Every once in a while MajBobby pulls a real gem like that from his backside.

But I am probably wrong and scouts all over the league are wondering why Tyrod can't get the ball to Andre Holmes more downfield. :lol:

"Target and Route Breakdown

I charted Holmes with 53 targets (including penalties). 20 came on first down, 13 on second down, 19 on third, and one on fourth. Holmes hauled in 25 passes -- 20 moved the chains -- for 431 yards and his first career touchdown. Of his 28 targets that weren't hauled in, I credited Holmes with three drops. Seven of Holmes' targets came in the red zone, and he was stopped at the one-yard line twice. He could have easily scored four-to-five more touchdowns.

On Holmes' 53 targets, I jotted down what kind of route he ran. He ran 11 "go" routes, seven "in" routes, six double-moves, five comebacks, four crossing routes, four hitches, three slants, three outs, three drags, two posts, two corner routes, two back-shoulder fades, and one sit-down route.

Holmes was asked to run a lot of routes of the intermediate-to-deep variety, which is obviously part of the reason he caught fewer than 50 percent of the passes that came his direction. Also working against Holmes was Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin's inability to get the ball to him in stride or at chest level. On one instance, Pryor overthrew Holmes on a deep ball when had a step or two on Ike Taylor that may have gone for a long touchdown. Pryor was 4-for-15 throwing to Holmes, while McGloin was 21-for-38. I noticed that Holmes was often McGloin's first read. He knew all he had to do was throw it up to the high-flying Holmes to have a chance at a big play."

Nope yeah Obviously not a deep route runner.

Edited by MAJBobby

Agree insomuch as I don't buy that our WRs cannot get deep. Matthews, Jones, and Holmes can all go deep. Are they Treek Hill, Marquise Goodwin, and JJ Nelson? No, but they're still fast enough.

TJ Graham ran a lot of deep routes, too, he just didn't catch any. It was a bare tree.