Matthews: Blame Tyrod if you must.

JM2009

No deep threat, a solid second starting as a one, a rookie, kick returners-I guess the other 31 teams would gladly take that group over what they have. maybe Matt Ryan would like to do an even up trade-his group for ours. how could I be so stupid thinking we had a bad corp here.

There is more Than enough speed to take the top off.

Why no deep threat because that is the ready made excuse for TT once they traded Watkins

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was Brady's deep threat between moss and cooks? A decade of slot guys and 3 more superbowls later....

...and how bad did they burn us with Faulk out of the backfield or TE(s) in the seam?.......Brady grew into the position, increasing his ability to process the entire field to find open guys.....thought I read he can unload the ball now on <3 seconds when necessary.....Buffalo has plenty of receiving options be it RB, TE or WR..........Taylor just cannot process the field quick enough to find them......he has the propensity for one read and run, knowing he has wheels....will the kid ever grasp it?.....you're talking about retraining his "gray matter" and I don't think training the brain to speed up is feasible.......Dennison is supposed to be developing a shorter, quicker passing game to overcome his field scan weakness and I'd bet he gets no less than 1/2 season to show progress.....Peterman has shown encouraging signs of grasping the mental aspects of the game but he certainly needs more long term development including the physical side.....OR....we could just throw him to the wolves and burn up another potential kid and do the same with your 1st round selection in 2018.......OBD has HARDLY been the mecca of QB Development since Kelly who at least brought experience from his Gamblers days....

There is more Than enough speed to take the top off.

Why no deep threat because that is the ready made excuse for TT once they traded Watkins

Well it's not happening.

You might as well say Tolbert kept us in the game since he didn't fumble.

QB touches the ball on every play. No common sense here.

I'm waiting for the inevitable. Tyrod plays himself out of the starting roll after being set up to fail so McD and BB can draft their guy.

Why do you feel that Tyrod needs to be "set up to fail"?

If McD & BB felt that Peterman gave the team the best chance to win they'd just start him ... they run the team ... the fans don't, the players don't. Who do you think they are "setting him up" to fail for?

McD & BB made a number of controversial decisions this off season without the need to "set people up to fail" some I agree with, some I don't but the bottom line is that I truly believe they made those decisions with much MUCH more information than will ever be available to me as a fan. They were hired to build and run the team and by all accounts it looks like they are comfortable making the decisions required to do so.

Can he be any worse than

15 yards passing

Three 3 and Outs

One 6 and Out

In a half of football?

Yep, 100 total yards, 3 int, one for a td

That being said I agree with your points.

sure - he could have the same crappy line and turnovers.

OR.. he could end up being a hero and none of you have a clue if he will or wont until he gets live regular season snaps..

Non of witch matters, What is the difference if they are both bad? at least we will know going into next season.

Edited by PrimeTime101

He doesnt know how to throw wideouts open and he wont risk throwing to someone who is even half way covered to try and let his wideout win. There is no excuse for an NFL quarterback to throw under 150 yards in a game, none. He may not be the only issue, but he is the only player on the team that can impact those problems enough to mask them or illuminate them.

They better figure out if they want to try and make the playoffs, fail and win six to seven games or if they want to get a franchise quarterback because while the draft has two or three of them potentially they wont be there at 12 or 15 or whatever pick we end up with trying to win now and win later

This is why I am in the camp of "Sammy wouldn't make a difference." If the QB won't throw to somebody who isn't open by a mile, then having Sammy won't help.

Its not hmmmm i have seen Zay Jones Running open 30 yards downfield.

I have seen Andre Holmes get open down the sideline

Hmmmm

I wish I was on this board when he was throwing all those bombs to Watkins. Would have been laughable to see your response to that. And you never answered-who replaced Watkins?

So your logic here is: the guy with the most responsibility shouldn't be held to the same standard of play as those with less responsibility.

What? he touches the ball the most and doesn't turn the ball over. Hold him to the highest of standards in that catagory, because that is one he aces. You have no logic.

TT is a one read QB, and if that read isn't wide open, he's looking to run, that's what I've been seeing since he got to Buffalo

Yep. Running and his deep ball are his strengths. Work with a players strengths till better is found. I've said that all along. That isn't happening this year. And the talent on this offense is the worst it has been in years.