Matthews: Blame Tyrod if you must.

JM2009

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not better than 2016 either. at least Goodwin was a burner when Watkins was out. He caught a couple of deep balls too. Taylor is not afraid of the deep ball.

I doubt it. The starter isn't on this roster.

well, as long as your fair about it.

Aahhhhhh i got it so you have to have 4.3 speed to be considered a deep threat in your mind. Cool. At least that is cleared up

So who will it be? a rookie draft pick?, Peterman? or a vet they trade TT for?

Their Rookie

I would LOVE Alex Smith in this offense but i fully expect Marrone to take him for his QB.

Edited by MAJBobby

If TT continues to have lackluster performances (and that is putting it mildly) and he continuously looks to check down rather than spot Receivers further down than 7 yards in front of the line of scrimage, then you gotta yank him for the youngster.

But you gotta give TT at least another 4-5 more games before you make that determination.

So who will it be? a rookie draft pick?, Peterman? or a vet they trade TT for?

time will tell. doubtful it's peterman, they likely drafted him for the (future) back up position, where he is now. I don't see him as a long term starter regardless of whether he's had a chance or not to prove it.

my guess, it'll be a fa, one who can throw the football that will start in 2018 while the rookie is groomed for a season and peterman will be the rookies back up in 2109.

2019, where the team after two years of putting it all together may finally compete for a playoff berth? I know one thing, I don't have a whole hell of a lot of time for these rebuilds so I damn sure hope they get it right this time around. in the mean time, it will be pretty much the same bills football we've endured the last 17 years, likely finishing the next two seasons at or below .500.

anything aside from that would be a real surprise to me.

I just think it's very funny how people complimenting Taylor's game yesterday are so very quick to defend consistently mediocre play at quarterback, yet are somehow unable to tolerate mediocre play in other areas of the roster.

I find it funny how your posts have zero substance to them. I see no one saying TT had a good game. He had a bad game.

More excuses. Heard the same exact thing last year about weak WRs. Sorry this group is better they are missing Sammy that really is it.

Dont people get tired of re-running the same excuses over and over and finally just put the blame where it belongs.

Putrid QB play.

It's about matchups.........Matthews is the Bills #1 WR.......he's no better than a #2 in the NFL.

Jones is the next best........he's a #3 at this point......but he's the #2 here.

Holmes......he's a special teamer.......a #5 WR option elsewhere but playing a #2 or #3 role.

And of course Tolbert has no business being ANYONE'S #2 RB in the NFL........he might not have even gotten an offer to play if not for McD........he's a special teamer as well.

Bills are losing matchups against opposing secondaries and very few QB's can really do much about such a situation.

TT played fine with his run game stuffed by a great Carolina D in their home opener. Just f ing let it go you knee jerking wackos (OP excluded of course). geez. Zay catches the freakin ball , rolls into the end zone and TT a f ing hero and they're SB-bound. Fickle bas-ards you all are.

Well with that Screen Name you have to love TT as your QB sets up perfectly

Sal M is on the Bob Matthews show show, and he agrees that this is a terrible WR corp. They have no one to throw the ball deep to. I trust Sal M over a few in here.

The deep ball sucked in 2016.

Sure didn't in 2015 with a more healthy Watkins, did it? In fact he may have had the nicest deep ball in the NFL in 2015.

Edited by JM2009

Why do you feel that Tyrod needs to be "set up to fail"?

If McD & BB felt that Peterman gave the team the best chance to win they'd just start him ... they run the team ... the fans don't, the players don't. Who do you think they are "setting him up" to fail for?

McD & BB made a number of controversial decisions this off season without the need to "set people up to fail" some I agree with, some I don't but the bottom line is that I truly believe they made those decisions with much MUCH more information than will ever be available to me as a fan. They were hired to build and run the team and by all accounts it looks like they are comfortable making the decisions required to do so.

They obviously don't feel Peterman is the best option otherwise he'd be playing. It seems pretty clear that by trading Watkins and accumulating all the draft picks that this team is preparing for the future. One that doesn't include Tyrod. They'll preach their desire to win and all that but we can all see this team is in a transitional phase.

They obviously don't feel Peterman is the best option otherwise he'd be playing. It seems pretty clear that by trading Watkins and accumulating all the draft picks that this team is preparing for the future. One that doesn't include Tyrod. They'll preach their desire to win and all that but we can all see this team is in a transitional phase.

Sure love the defense so far.

It's about matchups.........Matthews is the Bills #1 WR.......he's no better than a #2 in the NFL.

Jones is the next best........he's a #3 at this point......but he's the #2 here.

Holmes......he's a special teamer.......a #5 WR option elsewhere but playing a #2 or #3 role.

And of course Tolbert has no business being ANYONE'S #2 RB in the NFL........he might not have even gotten an offer to play if not for McD........he's a special teamer as well.

Bills are losing matchups against opposing secondaries and very few QB's can really do much about such a situation.

Matchups ok then

Woods was what?

Goddwin what?

O'Leary a year younger what?

Powell?

No shady in passing game?

Under utilized clay?

Sal M is on the Bob Matthews show show, and he agrees that this is a terrible WR corp. They have no one to throw the ball deep to. I trust Sal M over a few in here.

Sure didn't in 2015 with a more healthy Watkins, did it? In fact he may have had the nicest deep ball in the NFL in 2015.

Yes yes the WRs suck. Lets pick up TT option and see what year 4 as a starter and yet another year in the league turns that light on.

If they somehow get Darnold, I'd start him right away.

...this WSU Falk kid has been talked about around here......some projections have him going at #19+.....6 TD passes on Saturday...of course he is from the Leach style leper colony known as AIR RAID (fancy for spread)...where is he on YOUR radar?.....I don;t get to see college ball..............