What we learned after two weeks of Bills Football

Well after two weeks of Bills football, it's time we come up with a few conclusions (some obvious)

1. REX SUCKS!! After seeing what the players on this defense are capable of, I get angry with how bad Rex f'ked up this defense. They did enough to win both games. Also listening to that assclown on MNF was bad.

2. The more things change, the more they stay the same. 3rd down defense has been the plague of the Bills for decades. They seem to lose guys in zone coverage and let receivers loose over the middle, or have a breakdown on a tackle and a play that should have been stopped for nothing turns into a momentum changing first down and keeps a drive alive.

3. We finally do have better coaching. McD wasn't perfect, but it's a step up. Unfortunately, I feel like it's Marrone all over with Dennison slowing down the offense. When will we learn to play to the strengths of our players. I realize that we will assemble a team that fits the system, right now we have to deal with Tyrod. He is NOT a pocket passer. He does not make quick decisions and a few months of coaching will not change 20 years of learning.

We need to roll out TT more, spread the field with 3-4 wide and let Shady pick his hoies. Forcing him up the middle with this line against a stout D was a mistake. We did not game plan for Carolina's D and tried to force our offense. BIG MISTAKE.

4. This defense is for real. The Red Zone D was awesome and forcing the Panthers into 3 FG was enough to win. 6 sacks was a thing of beauty.

5. We have no cohesiveness between Tyrod and the WR. We do not have a #1 receiver on this roster. We have one #2 Matthews and a bunch of #3's and 4's. Losing Sammy and Boldin hurt more than we know.

6. The AFC East is up for grabs. The Jets suck. We get the Fins at the end of a schedule with no bye week for them. The Pats are tough but beatable. We just have to make the adjustments. I think we can split with them.

Edited by BillsRdue

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with a lot of this, except I don't see a path past the Patriots right now.

Same here. Not sure what would make anyone think the Pats are beatable by the Bills, or by any other team that isn't within the top 5 or 6 in the NFL. Sorry, but surely not the Bills. Other than that, I do agree that the new regime is off to a nice start. They actually show all the signs of being (gasp!) a well-coached team. Other than McCoy there's definitely a talent gap in among the skill players on offense, and nothing will fix that other than the draft and/or free agency. But this is a breath of fresh air after the clownishly inept Ryan regime, and losing Whaley's guys (other than, strangely, Robert Woods? I won't count Sammy since he didn't do much on the field last year) hasn't caused them to miss a beat.

Defense looks good.

Stop Shady and you've stopped our offfense.

Yep. And the Broncos will see that tape and do exactly the same thing the Panthers did. It'll all be on Tyrod and the WRs (likely working one-on-one vs. Talib and Harris) to make something happen on offense. Right now, I'm not seeing how ....

oh, and by the way we've also learned that the Jets really are that bad, and that Jay Cutler can still throw ....

Edited by The Frankish Reich

We might split...but there's no way in hell we stay with them in the division...The AFC East is NOT up for grabs......NE wins it by the beginning of December....

Agreed. The bad news is this: if you're a Dolphins fan, you've gone from:

- Tannehill out. Season's over!

- Cutler is in. Desperation move!

- Cutler is ... kind of still the old Jay Cutler, which isn't necessarily good, but is probably as good as (if not better than) Tanny. We're contenders!

what we learned?

This defense is good.

No matter the system, no one will ever make TT an NFL caliber QB.

That's what we've learned.

Yeesh, youre right. 3rd offensive coordinator yielding the exact same results is a problem. I refuse to believe that Dennison is at fault.

What we tend to forget is that despite TT being a bottom tier QB, we still had a top 10 offense. I think the offensive game plan today was terrible, as was TT and the Oline. Dawkins is not Glenn and Mills is a sieve. Miler has a ways to go, but overall I think we have the talent to be a 15-20 offense, maybe better. TT is better on the move and we need to use him as a dual threat until he falls or fails.

Edited by BillsRdue

Defense looks good.

Stop Shady and you've stopped our offfense.

I like the way our D played but Cam was not Cam today and if Tyrod plays this bad against a better team with a better QB our D isn't going to be able to hold it as long in my opinion. Nothing against Cam I think he is very talented but he was not the same Cam today in my opinion with still recovering from that surgery. Edited by xRUSHx