Best defense in the NFL?

Beast

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I don't care who they played. Carolina ran 78 plays and got 256 yards and 9 points...because the offense couldn't stay on the field. No matter what kind of offense you are playing those are phenomenal numbers

Hey, I get it. They can only play the teams on the schedule. It's a very good start. However I will reserve judgement until I see them do this vs DEN, ATL, GB et al. If they can then they will be thought of as a top D unit.

The D today was lights out. You hold a team to 256 yards and 9 points? You're supposed to win those, but TT.

If McDermott could have signed a contract guaranteeing the D holding Carolina to 256 yards and 9 points before the game, he would have signed it.

You like to think your team can muster 10 points in 60 minutes of football.

Alas, it was not to be.

I don't think people are giving the Panthers enough credit for having a good offense. Name the teams that have two good RB, a top TE, a clear #1 WR with talent AND a franchise QB. Not many. They are not the best but they have a ton of weapons. One of the most surprising things of the whole game for me was how good Jonathan Stewart still is. He got next to nothing on the stat sheet but got twice as many yards as he should have. He's still very good.

Anyone could have seen this coming. We change systems and stafffs on both sides of the ball and the offense goes from good to bad and the defense from bad to good. Why do we always fix the things that are not broken?

Time will tell how good the defense is, but I think they have a chance to finish the season in the top 10 again which would be refreshing for that side of the ball.

Still too early to know, let's see what they do against Brady and some of the other elite QB's well be playing in the coming weeks. Impressive so far against McNown and Newton (who obviously is still not healthy) but we will be facing much better.

Rushing defense has been rock solid and I still think the LB's are a major liability in coverage and that will be exposed soon enough.

Just too bad this defense couldn't have generated at least one turnover today or it might have been the difference in terms of winning.

The only way we win today is if the defense scored. TT and this offense will struggle all year.