I'm done with Tyrod Taylor

McBean

But we should keep him for 2018 regardless. I can't understand the people who want to let a decent QB option go. There is nothing wrong with a 3-way competition between Tyrod, Peterman, and the draft pick. Competition is good. The more options we have the better off we will be.

Personally, I think saving 10 million dollars in salary next season is a darned good reason to cut TT at the end of this season. Does anyone but his most vehement supporters think he will earn the 15 million he will be paid this season?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is NO way TT is coming back for next season. He is done as a Bill after this season.

...he needs to demonstrate a reason as to why and so far so bad IMO.....posted it ad nauseam from Steve Young (yup-HIM).."more collegiate QB's fail at this level because of the speed and complexity of the game"......Taylor just cannot process the entire field in the allotted <5 seconds to find guys open....and let the stat rats yip about this and that......surely not the kid's entire fault with the Wrecks defensive dismantling, but he CANNOT process the entire field period..many can't...it is an art form....no harm no foul............and NOTHING personal.......

...he needs to demonstrate a reason as to why and so far so bad IMO.....posted it ad nauseam from Steve Young (yup-HIM).."more collegiate QB's fail at this level because of the speed and complexity of the game"......Taylor just cannot process the entire field in the allotted <5 seconds to find guys open....and let the stat rats yip about this and that......surely not the kid's entire fault with the Wrecks defensive dismantling, but he CANNOT process the entire field period..many can't...it is an art form....no harm no foul............and NOTHING personal.......

I have to ask. not trying to be offensive, just observant and I have seen numerous posts from you on taylor that say the same thing. not saying it isn't true, just seen you post it buku times, lol.

It is a problem, TT is no longer an asset, he is a tremendous liability and we cannot move on as a franchise until he is gone. You want someone who can process the entire field, look no further than Mason Rudolph. The man has incredible ability to go through progressions quickly, and manages to find time to pump fake defenders.

Probably. This regime better not mess up the 2018 draft at QB. Everyone assumes and is ready to pencil in one of the top four as if it is a done deal.

I hope we don't mess up this upcoming draft. There are a lot of good QBs coming out, at least QBs who could be franchise material.

Edited by 100DollarBills

It is a problem, TT is no longer an asset, he is a tremendous liability and we cannot move on as a franchise until he is gone. You want someone who can process the entire field, look no further than Mason Rudolph. The man has incredible ability to go throw progressions quickly, and manages to find time to pump fake defenders.

I hope we don't mess up this upcoming draft. There are a lot of good QBs coming out, at least QBs who could be franchise material.

Unfortunately, I feel the only way to acquire Mason Rudulph is with a top 2 pick...and I just don't see any way that happens...I'm thinking the Bills will be choosing from the 2nd tier QBs, ala Baker Mayfield and Luke Falk.

Probably. This regime better not mess up the 2018 draft at QB. Everyone assumes and is ready to pencil in one of the top four as if it is a done deal.

Oooo I can't wait...next spring is gonna be so much fun!

Unfortunately, I feel the only way to acquire Mason Rudulph is with a top 2 pick...and I just don't see any way that happens...I'm thinking the Bills will be choosing from the 2nd tier QBs, ala Baker Mayfield and Luke Falk.

Oooo I can't wait...next spring is gonna be so much fun!

I think we could always trade up for Rudolph if we need too, but a good 2nd choice of mine is Luke Falk, he makes great choices and has a high completition percentage. I think Falk's stock has climbed this year as well. I'm not sold on Mayfield, he has very weird windup and has really small hand, but what he did against Ohio State was impressive.

Ahhh look at you. Stalking me again i see.

And yes i initally was going to tak about the lack of audible stuff in these QB topics but then thought nah it will get washed out here so created a thread about it.

But thanks for the concern

No concern just trying to teach you some etiquette instead uou simply defer to troll. Carry on thats your mo. Post the same garbage in every thread.

But we should keep him for 2018 regardless. I can't understand the people who want to let a decent QB option go. There is nothing wrong with a 3-way competition between Tyrod, Peterman, and the draft pick. Competition is good. The more options we have the better off we will be.

I 100% agree. If the rook beats Tyrod out you have the security of knowing he has beaten out a legitimate NFL player. Not a man who lost a fight with a rubber mat. Then maybe if Tyrod loses the camp battle you get something for him in a trade just before the season... but even if you don't I am fine with him being the backup on that contract for 2018 and then shaking his hand and wishing him well at the end of that deal.

No concern just trying to teach you some etiquette instead uou simply defer to troll. Carry on thats your mo. Post the same garbage in every thread.

Ahhh look how is posting garbage. Bye felicia

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

It's $18 million next year. That puts him in line with the average annual salaries of Tannehill, Bradford, Smith, and Dalton. Oh and Tom Brady. Man the Patriots are lucky to have that contract.

You know who's really getting overpaid right now, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning, and Joe Flacco. Even Russell Wilson at $21.9 million per year.

That being said I would expect them to restructure Tyrod assuming his play doesn't pick up and they still want him back next year.

I would bring him back if he just tears up next years number and signs for the remaining three years on this contract.

Edited by MAJBobby

@Cover_1_

Tyrod Taylor Film Room Breakdown: Week 2 by @NateGearyWGR http://www.cover1.net/film-room-breakdown-week-2/

Well, it was an ugly game on Sunday, a 9-3 loss to the Carolina Panthers. I’m sorry to do this to you, but there is film to go over, and there are people to blame not named Tyrod Taylor.

Unfortunately, I had a front row seat to one of the worst offensive performances I can remember, and that’s saying something. The unique thing about Bank of America Stadium is the 300-level seating. I felt like I had a bird’s eye view of the game, and it was awesome watching plays develop from the stands.

Having said that, there’s nothing like the old eye in the sky. Let’s take a look at a few plays that stuck out to me the most from Sunday.

There is NO way TT is coming back for next season. He is done as a Bill after this season.

does he get hit so hard this year during one of his non-pressure panic-runs that he spends two weeks sitting on the floor rocking back and forth going "eeeeeee.......eeeeeeeeeeeee.....eeeeeeeeeeeeee"

I 100% agree. If the rook beats Tyrod out you have the security of knowing he has beaten out a legitimate NFL player. Not a man who lost a fight with a rubber mat. Then maybe if Tyrod loses the camp battle you get something for him in a trade just before the season... but even if you don't I am fine with him being the backup on that contract for 2018 and then shaking his hand and wishing him well at the end of that deal.

You make a good point. Taylor would be a terrific backup. If the offense was sputtering his style of play not only is a change of pace but also the style of play that could add energy to a stuck offense. Baltimore wanted to keep him as their backup. They hated to see him go but wished him well knowing that he wanted to seek an opportunity to start.

However, if Peterman ends up taking the reigns from him this season I don't see Taylor wanting to stay here.

I have to ask. not trying to be offensive, just observant and I have seen numerous posts from you on taylor that say the same thing. not saying it isn't true, just seen you post it buku times, lol.

....just my ongoing, stated opinion and the area I feel (again, opinion) he needs to show the biggest improvement in 2017 for the good of the team and to be considered a roster option in 2018...and if that is a weakness, it is incumbent upon Dennison to design a quicker/shorter passing game to help mitigate.....sure hope he does...sorry to have sounded like a broken record, but upteen thousand TT posts are about the same thing over and over.......he's this, no he isn't, he's that, no he isn't........his stats are this....no his stats suck.......I should have been smart enough to let my opinion go by now....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

....just my ongoing, stated opinion and the area I feel (again, opinion) he needs to show the biggest improvement in 2017 for the good of the team and to be considered a roster option in 2018...and if that is a weakness, it is incumbent upon Dennison to design a quicker/shorter passing game to help mitigate.....sure hope he does...sorry to have sounded like a broken record, but upteen thousand TT posts are about the same thing over and over.......he's this, no he isn't, he's that, no he isn't........his stats are this....no his stats suck.......I should have been smart enough to let my opinion go by now....

right on old fella. you keep doing what you do, I was just pulling your chains...Thumbup19%5B1%5D.gif

Why is that?

I love this place so much... always living solely in the moment. Like rabid dogs some posters have to go to one extreme or another.

After the Jets, we had the "Tyrod Taylor 2.0" thread.

After Carolina, it's this.

Truth, as always, lies in the middle.

We're drafting a QB next year, but when is still up in the air. And whether Taylor is still in Buffalo is still up in the air.

People, we have 14 games left this season. If what happened against Carolina on Sunday happens for the next few games, I absolutely think Taylor will be benched at the bye.

But what exactly makes anyone think that what happened Sunday will happen multiple games in a row?

If you're so confident it'll happen, go here for a friendly wager regarding Sunday's game:

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/196527-bills-w-taylor-200-yards-a-fun-tbd-bet-this-gloomy-week/

But the reality is likely going to be that Taylor's going to have a pretty solid game in the next few games and that benching won't happen. Sunday will be the toughest challenge defensively Taylor may face for the rest of the year and personally, I think the coaches are going to come out with passing more in the game plan and Taylor's going to have a better game.

But even if he has a great game, he is what he is, which is not going to be an Elite, HOF QB. But he can absolutely still be good enough the rest of the season to not only stick around in 2018, which I think is actually much more likely than unlikely, but also good enough to make it so that McBean don't feel forced to give up all their resources to trade up as high as possible for a QB.

I still think we're drafting a QB in the first round or two, barring some incredible turn of events in terms of Taylor's level of play that would require Dennison opening up the offense, something I don't think he's willing to do.

But as fun as all your definitive statements are to read and discuss, you really don't have a clue. Neither do I, which is why I try very hard not to speak in such absolute terms, although I'm sure even as I type that someone's searching for the last time I did exactly that. And I really look forward to reading that :thumbsup: