Grading the Pegulas

Pegula grades  

132 members have voted

1. 1. How do you grade the Pegulas as owners of the Buffalo Bills?

2. 2. How do you grade the Pegulas as owners of the Buffalo Sabres?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember if it weren't for the Pegulas you wouldn't have the Bills, or maybe even the Sabres, to B word about, or most of the development at the foot of Main Street. We are so lucky to still have our teams.

This doesn't mean they are good owners and that we can't complain when they make awful decisions

If "keeping the Bills in Buffalo," was the end game for some people, I'll just say that it wasn't mine and it didn't - nor will it ever - factor into my opinion of how good of owners the Pegulas are. The best thing Ralph Wilson ever did was keep the ticket prices the lowest in the league. But I guess "you get what you pay for" has been proven, thus far.

The Pegs won't get above "C" until they put a decent product on the field.

I think they're on their way (2019 would be perfectly acceptable to me), but until then - simply keeping them in Western NY scores no points from me.

A+. They do everything in their power to put a winner on the field and the ice. That's all I can ask of owners. Plus they are very likable and help develop Buffalo.

I have no doubt in my mind they will win a championship or more.

Golisano and Ralph simply kept the Bills and Sabres in Buffalo. The Pegulas are doing that and putting their money into building winners.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

A+. They do everything in their power to put a winner on the field and the ice. That's all I can ask of owners. Plus they are very likable and help develop Buffalo.

I have no doubt in my mind they will win a championship or more.

Golisano and Ralph simply kept the Bills and Sabres in Buffalo. The Pegulas are doing that and putting their money into building winners.

Mrs. seems likable...Nothing about Mr. seems likable to me

They moved up from a C- to a solid B the day they finally fired Whaley.

Not a Sabres fan is leading the vote. :lol:

Same for me. I don't much about hockey. I only follow the Sabres in the playoffs. Obviously that hasn't happened in a while. I voted F for the Sabres. Whenever I actually do watch them, I find them more frustrating than the Bills. They seem like a Colts with Luck scenario. They have their guy with Eichel, but nothing else. Everyone and there brother makes the playoffs in hockey as well. They should be a playoff team by now. 8-8 in the NFL is more impressive than a hockey team who can't make the playoffs imo.

I'm so over the "new owners" excuse. I don't quite agree with your observation only because there are some really crappy owners who've been around a lot longer, but I gave them a D for the Bills. I gave them an F for the Sabres because they've done nothing. The Pegulas are working toward the goal of being the worst, though. As long as they leave Russ Brandon in charge of the teams -- and don't doubt that he is -- neither the Bills nor the Sabres will be better than mediocre because the emphasis will always be at maximizing profits over winning football or hockey games.

....Brandon isn't in charge of SQUAT when it comes to ANY personnel on the turf or on the ice.....he is BUSINESS OPERATIONS only, so what's your point?....assume your resume' got lost in the mail.......Jesus the Brandon yipsters are challenged to grasp it.......

...Pegulas forked over approximately $1.7 BILLION CASH for both franchises....neophyte owners?...of course....mistakes expected?...of course AGAIN......are they atoning for those mistakes?....YES AGAIN.....I don't think they have ever meddled in the on turf or on ice product, but have obviously been involved in FO and Administration as they should for $1.7 BILLION...did they get caught up in the name game hoopla?...unfortunately... ..and now they have made a SUBSTANTIAL out of pocket investment in the FO and Administration of both clubs....have to give them a B++ for admitting their errors and taking the necessary steps to atone with NO expense spared....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Prove it.

Sure. It's your right to act ungrateful.

Actually there were a few articles around the time about how Ralph put a lot of stuff in there to keep the Bills in Buffalo. I am not about to dig them up but it is true. To what extent I don't know. Its not possible to keep it full proof and never allow the team to move, but I would bet it would have kept the team here for quite a while. In either case those protections wouldn't last forever and I am comfortable that Pegula will keep the team here. I am also comfortable that he was the best option. Did anyone really want Trump or Bon Jovi controlling this team?

Edited by Scott7975

Prove it.

Sure. It's your right to act ungrateful.

....Ralph's protection in 2014 was a brilliantly conceived plan to keep Bills in Buffalo with a heavy penalty to move them.....sure as hell is NOTHING wrong with that.....and the Pegulas IMMEDIATELY stepped up with $1.4 BILLION to eliminate any of the fan base worrying about what may happen...what the hell is wrong with that AGAIN?....you're just NOT going to satisfy the yipster minions typing away Promo....ignorance is bliss.............

Clarification on the Buffalo Bills stadium lease relocation fee Mar 27, 2014,

A $400 million relocation fee for the current Ralph Wilson Stadium lease still exists, but only as a last resort in the unlikely event that a new owner wins a court battle to break that lease and move the franchise.

For the Bills I gave an A... because first of all keeping them in Buffalo, the pegulas were thrown into a HC search unexpectedly and bought into Rex's bs but realized the error of their ways and didn't waste time correcting it and after a couple years to get acclimated to owning an NFL team cleaned house and looks as if they put things on the right track. In a couple more years if this doesn't pan out the grade will be much lower, but as of now I give it an A