WEEK 1: ALL 22 REVIEW - O LINE PASS PROT /QB UNFORCED ERRORS

Bocephuz

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see PFF validated my Mills grade. Joe Buscaglia gave him a C .. not sure what he saw there

There was a caller on WGR the other day that really seemed to know football. Donald Jones agreed with his critique of Mills. They said that Mills didn't do a good job at all of clearing out his man when the ball was ran to the right side...which is why we didn't have success running that way.

He said when your RT can't take and push out the guy on the edge to create a hole, it creates a plug leading zero running room. Mills constantly wasn't getting it done and our RB's had no where to run. He was basically clogging the hole himself.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

There was a caller on WGR the other day that really seemed to know football. Donald Jones agreed with his critique of Mills. They said that Mills didn't do a good job at all of clearing out his man when the ball was ran to the right side...which is why we didn't have success running that way.

He said when you're RT can't take and push out the guy on the edge to create a hole, it creates a plug leading zero running room. Mills constantly wasn't getting it done and our RB's had no where to run. He was basically clogging the hole himself.

Basically Mills had a good game in pass pro and a bad game in run blocking.

Isn't that sort of flipped from what the right side of our line did last year?

He said when you're RT can't take and push out the guy on the edge to create a hole, it creates a plug leading zero running room. Mills constantly wasn't getting it done and our RB's had no where to run. He was basically clogging the hole himself.

Keep in mind Bocephuz does not analyze OL performance on run blocking plays.

Isn't that sort of flipped from what the right side of our line did last year?

Keep in mind Bocephuz does not analyze OL performance on run blocking plays.

Yep..i look at pass blocking only. Always interested in hearing what others saw in run block though Edited by Bocephuz

Count me surprised on Mills, Miller and Castillo as well. This was a good start.. we'll see how it plays out on the road against a recent Super Bowl contender this week.

I think this scheme is better for Jordan Mills which is why he is performing better than expected.

I am really hoping they use Dawkins as relief tackle with expected weather this weekend.

Which points to scheme change.

Gotta give Taylor credit when credit is due, he makes the 47-yard play to Matthews, there's no denying it. Did you catch all of the factors that led to this big play?

http://www.cover1.net/taylor-works-progressions/

...who the hell denied credit?.....but "THIS" needs to be THESE PLAYS before you generate excitement......Jesus, be realistic.....

...who the hell denied credit?.....but "THIS" needs to be THESE PLAYS before you generate excitement......Jesus, be realistic.....

Ive heard people saying that Oleary was open and TT didn't throw it to him. Same with the roll out to the left when he hit Oleary.

Gotta give Taylor credit when credit is due, he makes the 47-yard play to Matthews, there's no denying it. Did you catch all of the factors that led to this big play?

http://www.cover1.net/taylor-works-progressions/

I get that you want people to go to your site.

But I think it's in poor taste to hijack a thread by an OP who put obvious hours into an excellent analysis.

You've posted your link in about 50 different threads.

Excuse me if you think I'm being a jerk, but I just don't think it's right.

Post one thread with your link and trust that people will see it.

I get that you want people to go to your site.

But I think it's in poor taste to hijack a thread by an OP who put obvious hours into an excellent analysis.

You've posted your link in about 50 different threads.

Excuse me if you think I'm being a jerk, but I just don't think it's right.

Post one thread with your link and trust that people will see it.

I tried and was told to put it here by a moderator....Does this video not add to the conversation? 50 huh smh

Very true, he and the TEs on runs to their side struggled to get any type of movement.

Edited by cover1

definitely not routine. it would have been routine if TT would have thrown it a second earlier.

great point.. yes.. TT did lead him allowing YAC. Hopefully that improves this year as we go.

TT was #1 in lowest % of YIA for all of week 1...Complete opposite of last season, that's an improvement and great start https://imgur.com/a/R1czw

Edited by cover1

i am inclined to agree. any one can chime in. we all respect Bocephuz

Thanks and it was not intended to hi jack any thread but to add to the discussion. In fact I was adding to his thread with a play he didn't cover **in detail** edit..

Edited by cover1

Thanks and it was not intended to hi jack any thread but to add to the discussion. In fact I was adding to his thread with a play he didn't cover.

Of course you had no intention of it !

Getting both you guys in the same "room" is nothing but good honestly.