Bills Sign LB Jelani Jenkins and Release CB Greg Mabin

26CornerBlitz

@buffalobills

LB Jelani Jenkins has been signed. We have released two players and added one to the practice squad: http://bufbills.co/smOUY7

DJjG-giXkAEaczB.jpg

@SalSports

Bills also sign WR Malachi Dupre to the team's practice squad & released WR Daikiel Shorts.

@BuffaloBillsPR

New @buffalobills LB Jelani Jenkins has racked up 219 tackles since entering the @NFL in 2013. That and more about the Bills new LB:

DJjIc4QVAAI6N_u.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenkins was the Raiders "big" offseason Def FA signing. He was released with an injury settlement (groin). Many Raiders fans felt he should have been starting over their other LBs. Wonder what the story is on the groin.?

Maybe I'm forgetting someone but doesn't that leave us with only four CBs, one of whom is hurt?

White, Johnson, Gaines, Shareece. Who am I missing? I even just looked at Bills roster on their webpage

yes they have 4 CBs and 4 safeties

Jenkins was the Raiders "big" offseason Def FA signing. He was released with an injury settlement (groin). Many Raiders fans felt he should have been starting over their other LBs. Wonder what the story is on the groin.?

yes they have 4 CBs and 4 safeties

We are installing a mechanical groin.

Why not keep Mabin and release one of the thousands of DLs this team has. Seriously, dude worked his tail off in the preseason and showed flashes that he could be good. Instead, we release a healthy player and sign someone who is hurt. That doesn't make much sense to me.

I also feel McBeane is in my head. Literally, every player I like on the Bills they have gotten around to getting rid of recently, except McCoy.

Seems like good depth behind Humber. He had a great game but is older so risk of injury is high.

Sounds like Humber may be a liability in coverage, so perhaps Jenkins is being brought in as a 3rd down back.