Tyrod Taylor 2.0?

JerseyBills

Strange though that people making this case have to look to outliers rather than the larger body of work.

Quote : "What he hasn't shown the ability to do yet, is do the above consistently, or to put the game on his shoulders and carry the team when the defense isn't playing well and we find ourselves in a shootout, or when we are playing from behind neutralizing the benefits of our run game."

Strange that people would try to make the above case when just two games back is an example which refutes every single point about what Taylor "hasn't shown the ability to do yet".

Edited by grb

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think it would be nice to see Peterman, we know TT is not the long term answer. However, is it worth allowing a second year Peterman take the rains next year and the next year QB we draft sit for a year. I still think a year on the bench is good for a rookie QB

I still think it would be nice to see Peterman, we know TT is not the long term answer. However, is it worth allowing a second year Peterman take the rains next year and the next year QB we draft sit for a year. I still think a year on the bench is good for a rookie QB

when it reins, it pours.

couldn't help it.

If Tyrod plays like he did Sunday and the team stays in the hunt then no way they make the change.

If Tyrod plays like he did Sunday this team will not stay in the hunt very long.

I hope that wasn't an example of the Bills "unleashing" him. I'm hoping they just went into game management mode that early because it was the Jets. We can't depend on getting late game ints every game.

They won't be able to get away with that against good teams. I've asked this a bunch of times and I still haven't gotten a response.

Has he ever called an audible at the line based on the D, and does the team even trust him to do it?

Yeah. Tough to keep up when you're getting top 12 QB performance in the league...

Those two one yard TD passes were so spectacular and had nothing to with bumping up his rating. Our WR group was targeted 6 times. A lot of safe throws that won't get us anywhere against a quality opponent.

Those two one yard TD passes were so spectacular and had nothing to with bumping up his rating. Our WR group was targeted 6 times. A lot of safe throws that won't get us anywhere against a quality opponent.

His rating? How about nearly any relevant stat?

16th in Passing Yards

6th in Yards per Attempt

12th in Total Yards

9th in Yards per Touch

9th in TD%

T-18th in TO%

12th in Passer Rating

His rating? How about nearly any relevant stat?

16th in Passing Yards

6th in Yards per Attempt

12th in Total Yards

9th in Yards per Touch

9th in TD%

T-18th in TO%

12th in Passer Rating

It was one game against one of the worst teams league, what's so hard to understand about that? Where does Tom Brady land in all these categories right now? Kind of a small sample don't ya think. There were a few of the better QBs in this league who struggled this weekend, and lower level QBs that surprised people. Bradford, Goff, Simien. I wouldn't put Taylor on that list of one of the guys who surprised anybody.

All I'm saying is there was nothing great about Taylors performance on Sunday. We played a bad opponent and his performance was average at best. The fact that he targeted our WRs 6 times really has me worried about some games ahead of us.

It was one game against one of the worst teams league, what's so hard to understand about that? Where does Tom Brady land in all these categories right now? Kind of a small sample don't ya think. There were a few of the better QBs in this league who struggled this weekend, and lower level QBs that surprised people. Bradford, Goff, Simien. I wouldn't put Taylor on that list of one of the guys who surprised anybody.

All I'm saying is there was nothing great about Taylors performance on Sunday. We played a bad opponent and his performance was average at best. The fact that he targeted our WRs 6 times really has me worried about some games ahead of us.

So 1 week is enough to determine that we'll be out of the hunt with Taylor's play, but too small a sample to judge the rest of the league?

Yeah because Taylor has never thrown to receivers before. This was answered a few times in pc's. Taylor attacked the weak portion of the defense. Maybe another week has strong linebacker play but weak corners. Guess where he'll go.

Taylor goes outside to receivers for two years and people say he can't hit the TE. Taylor hits TE RB and WR in middle of the field and now your worried he can't hit a receiver. Smh.

Edited by Scott7975

So 1 week is enough to determine that we'll be out of the hunt with Taylor's play, but too small a sample to judge the rest of the league?

One week is enough to know we need better out of him if we are going to compete with the better teams around the NFL and our schedule is pretty difficult. We'll see what Sunday brings.

Yeah because Taylor has never thrown to receivers before. This was answered a few times in pc's. Taylor attacked the weak portion of the defense. Maybe another week has strong linebacker play but weak corners. Guess where he'll go.

Taylor goes outside to receivers for two years and people say he can't hit the TE. Taylor hits TE RB and WR in middle of the field and now your worried he can't hit a receiver. Smh.

These are actually fair points. I'm even getting a little excited about seeing Taylor play.

I have a feeling against better teams he's going to look like the same guy but I'm willing to go into the Panthers game with an open mind. I'd really like to see them trust him to play aggressively even with a lead.

You can't go into a shell with a lead and trust that they can get the momentum back when the tides turn. Especially against good teams.

Our WRs have lacked targets a lot over the past 2 years.

If you watch the film and don't see the improvement in footwork,poise and scanning the field speed, you need glasses. Oh and just an interesting take from a website that devotes every ounce of energy on getting these rankings right...

Https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-the-qbs-from-week-1

I'll just leave this here. Again,week 1, coming off a concussion, New scheme, things could have gone left. We end up Dominating an average D. I believe Taylor is CAPABLE of doing this week in n out. I think his ceiling is higher than he gets credit. Time will tell. Great start though! Cam Newton played poorly versus a below average D, just some more optimism going into Car.

Edited by JerseyBills

These are actually fair points. I'm even getting a little excited about seeing Taylor play.

I have a feeling against better teams he's going to look like the same guy but I'm willing to go into the Panthers game with an open mind. I'd really like to see them trust him to play aggressively even with a lead.

You can't go into a shell with a lead and trust that they can get the momentum back when the tides turn. Especially against good teams.

Thank you. I'm not even really trying to "pump" Taylor or anything. He had a good game. I hope he continues to have good games and better ones than that. It will take a better game for teams like Atlanta that seem to score at will most times.

I agree also about going into a shell. I kinda feel like they should be excused this time because of the situation. It was the Jets. They hadn't really scored all day long and probably didn't feel in danger of them scoring. But, I agree that in future games they should keep the gas on the peddle until the game is absolutely in hand. Some teams score in 30 seconds. A muffed punt, a bad kick return coverage. Anything can swing a game fast. I just don't think it was in danger of happening against the Jets. I feel like giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt this time as they were probably feeling the same thing.

Our WRs have lacked targets a lot over the past 2 years.

Yeah take a look who was on the field. Has even two receivers played in more than back to back games together last year? We went into a game featuring a busted up Woods, Powell, and Easley as starters. It was pathetic. 2015 he did a fine job getting receivers the ball.

Edited by Scott7975

Dishonest posting at it's worst.

You, nor anyone else has a clue when it comes to myself and my beliefs.

I actually find it very disrespectful,like most of the garbage you've spewed towards me. You lie and break rules here constasntly in regards to me, and to be quite honest, I'm tired of it.

Keep you're thoughts on me to yourself. You have no business speaking about another man unless you can say it to me in person.

Enough is enough with you, and it's time someone holds you accountable for the conduct you've displayed here.

Right on man.

You get told time and again that his supporters have never said that, yet here you are again saying that. Do you have reading comprehension problems? serious question.

I get told? By who his blind hard core church that can't honestly say how they feel about him, on the wagon, off the wagon.

Dude the COT guys post this stuff over and over again, I am not blind I can just read what they posted then respond to it. Its sad how posters try to respond to a COT and then get attacked as the COT tries to discredit anyone that doesn't agree with you them, especially you, in fact you are way out of line with your comments over and over again with everyone of your copy and pastes.

Comprehension problems? I think the COT has beer goggles on. They say one thing then Tyrod chokes and they pretend the other, then a good game and back on the cloud. SMH

I agree with Crusher and think you have a real sickness.

yet, here you are.

And so are you

Yeah. When I have time at work where I am quite a bit, I read things...especially my football teams message board.

You should all try to get over yourselves. We are all the same here, yet posters feel the need to act like children.

I've never been the most respectful or mature, but many here lately have been making me look as such.

Again right on man

Right. Consistency hasn't exactly been his strong suit so far.

Bang he is trying real hard to covert you back to the church, keep your head up man it was the Jests.

I think we have to wait until Carolina to see if he has truly progressed. The Panthers D is much more formidable than the Jets.

Speak the truth brother but sadly he will then get a few more games just because he played better against the mighty Jests. If it's close his free ride continues. I would say by mid season is when the COT finally closes shop.

Yes that's right. Then plays victim.

And COT does the same old pile on to add to it. SMH

I was actually there when he said it.....I remember that

Same few at the same pew running the same gang tactics as BBMB.

If you just block his posts, this board gets a lot better - like immediately. I promise you it will. I speak from experience. Your tolerance level for blatant stupidity must be much higher than mine.

They will never block anyone because this has been what the group has done over the last year. Edited by xRUSHx

This playoff drought has had the opposite effect on fans. Instead of being happy with a decent play making QB, they want a perfect QB. One that never misses a throw and always does the right thing. Point that QB out to me that's in the NFL. Sorry, saying some guy in college is going to be that good is not an answer.