According to Vegas...

McBean

The Panthers averaged 3.1 per carry. Newton looked rusty.

McD will be very familiar with their defensive weaknesses.

There will be a ton of Bills fans there and Panthers fans are generally pretty mild.

I like the Bills chances.

So is it concidered an advantage that McD worked for Rivera or a disadvantage that McD worked for Rivera?

I would say McDermott has the bigger advantage, because he knows both the offensive and defensive schemes as well as the personnel. Rivera only knows the defensive scheme but doesn't have the same intimate knowledge of Dennisons offense or the Bills players.

Still have no expectations for the season but week 2 should be a decent test. This is the type of team that we should be able to beat if we want to be good. But also not an easy game by any stretch. No clue what we are going to look like against them but if I'm honest, I am not a big Newton or Panthers believer. Even the year they won the NFC...I never thought of them as anywhere near as good as their record. Seems to be one of the most overrated teams in the league, with (IMO) the most overrated QB. Just saying.

Still have no expectations for the season but week 2 should be a decent test. This is the type of team that we should be able to beat if we want to be good. But also not an easy game by any stretch. No clue what we are going to look like against them but if I'm honest, I am not a big Newton or Panthers believer. Even the year they won the NFC...I never thought of them as anywhere near as good as their record. Seems to be one of the most overrated teams in the league, with (IMO) the most overrated QB. Just saying.

The year they won the NFC their defense was good and came up big when it needed to. Its definitely going to be a challenge. I dont think their defense is as good front 7 wise as the jets but they will give us a test no doubt.

It will be a good measuring stick as to what this team is capable of.

I would say advantage. Rivera might know McD, but McD knows Rivera and a lot of the players tendencies as well.

So is it concidered an advantage that McD worked for Rivera or a disadvantage that McD worked for Rivera?

What scott said, plus im sure McDerm had this game circled since he got the schedule, you never wanna see your ex girlfriend when your with a downgrade rebound option.

Cam looks bad when under pressure. The Bills generated very little pass rush today. I think a few more blitzes will be needed for a win on the road.

However, Mcdermott is a bald Jauron so he will keep it safe. Play zone and try to keep Cam contained. It is not a bad scheme, but if you pressure Cam I think they can get a few turnovers early.

Cam looks bad when under pressure. The Bills generated very little pass rush today. I think a few more blitzes will be needed for a win on the road.

However, Mcdermott is a bald Jauron so he will keep it safe. Play zone and try to keep Cam contained. It is not a bad scheme, but if you pressure Cam I think they can get a few turnovers early.

its going to be a very good measure of what this team looks like going forward.