Week 1 Game Balls vs. NYJ

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain the dislike of playcalling when they had over 400 yards of offense and averaged almost 6 yards a play. Can someone explain why running the ball on first down was a problem....when they had 190 yards of rushing lol. I'll wait

You can pick at the odd call here or there.... don't like any play that involves Tolbert running parallel to the line of scrimmage... but overall I thought Dennison did a nice job calling the offense.

You can pick at the odd call here or there.... don't like any play that involves Tolbert running parallel to the line of scrimmage... but overall I thought Dennison did a nice job calling the offense.

I liked the way we spread the ball around to everyone. McDermott talks about a balanced offense and we looked like one today.

We found out nothing today. We'll know a lot more how good this team might be next week.

Nonsense. We found out that the extreme gloom and doom emanating from a substantial portion of this board--based on a few series in some practice games--was a bunch of Chicken Little rubbish. We might or might not know more after next week. Carolina finished 6-10 last year--one whole game better than the Jets.

Nonsense. We found out that the extreme gloom and doom emanating from a substantial portion of this board--based on a few series in some practice games--was a bunch of Chicken Little rubbish. We might or might not know more after next week. Carolina finished 6-10 last year--one whole game better than the Jets.

We will know substantially more. The Jets look as bad as advertised. They have less talent than that 6-10 team ( that beat the Bills twice) from last year. The Panthers were pretty much intact last year after the SB run and underperformed. The team still has a lot of talent. The NFL is about talent and matchups. The Bills made mistakes today and the Jets aren't good enough to take advantage of them. They will have to be better. I will be much more impressed if they manage to come out with a road win vs the Panthers. They did what they had to do.... today. They will need to do more vs better teams. That's not bashing them, it's just being realistic.

We found out nothing today. We'll know a lot more how good this team might be next week.

I'll tell you right now. They aren't very good. But they are a lot more organized than they've been and that's why they won today. The arrow is pointing up.

I like Tolbert. I think he is a good cog player that should be on the team. He should not be the second RB behind Shady though. I think Gillislee or JWill get more yards on those same carries. I think either Gillislee or JWill scores on that 15-18 yard run Tolbert had in the first half when no one was near him for 12 yards.