Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

I read where people thought the Bills were running a"vanilla" offense in the preseason, but in the regular season,

the OC was going to add some new wrinkles and unleash Tyrod.

Well, that never happened...............The question now is................will the Offense ever get moving ?

Up next is Denver.........I'm hoping for a touchdown generated by our Offense

Seems rather normal to wish for that..............but I don't know...........could be another 3 point game for us.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MatthewFairburn

Talked to Bills QB coach David Culley about Tyrod Taylor's lack of deep passing, other issues: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/09/buffalo_bills_qb_coach_on_tyrod_taylor_throwing_deep_were_going_to_do_more.html

After scoring 21 points against the Jets in their season opener, the Bills scored only three points against the Panthers and saw LeSean McCoy rush for nine yards while Tyrod Taylor threw for 125 yards. While the offensive struggles were a collective effort, much of the outside blame has been placed on Taylor as the quarterback. Taylor has been most heavily criticized for his inability to connect on deep passes. He was 0-3 on passes that traveled more than 15 yards in the air against Carolina.

"The thing is, we're going to do more of those," Bills quarterbacks coach David Culley said Thursday. "We had a couple in that ball game where the receiver didn't have a chance to make a play. Whether it's covered or not, you always have to give those guys a chance to make a play. We had two in that ball game that we wish we would have been a little bit better on. For the most part, one thing he does that we felt is really good is he can push the ball down the field. Hopefully when we get in a good rhythm and we're flowing like we need to flow, you'll see the ball going down the field. You'll see him with some touchdowns."

If Taylor's been "unleashed" I have no idea what that word means.

Run into the line on first and second down with no ability to audible.

Basically we're unleashing him to throw on third down when we're already in a hole and have to throw when the Defense knows we're throwing.

Wow... unleashed for sure.

I'll take a leashed Peterman, if that's the case.

Edited by likei've

The thing for me is that you cant expect a QB to get in any kind of rhythm if they don't let him throw all that often. I know he isn't great but let him try. Don't wait until the last two drives to open it up. It was obvious they needed to open it up before halftime. He may not be able to do it, but they have to let him.

The thing for me is that you cant expect a QB to get in any kind of rhythm if they don't let him throw all that often. I know he isn't great but let him try. Don't wait until the last two drives to open it up. It was obvious they needed to open it up before halftime. He may not be able to do it, but they have to let him.

They should certainly make attempts earlier in games. I would not expect much success against DEN, but they have to at least take some shots.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

please no more running on 1st down...u know they are stacking the box on early downs, so why not try to get the passing game going then?

The first drive they moved the ball in the first half they had Taylor throw on first down. On third down Taylor picked up the first down. Then ran Tolbert the next two plays ugh.

That's how he's kept his turnover numbers low.

Asking a not so good passer to start throwing more will result in mistakes that will possibly hurt more than what he may gain with what more attempts would get us.

The first drive they moved the ball in the first half they had Taylor throw on first down. On third down Taylor picked up the first down. Then ran Tolbert the next two plays ugh.

Last year...Chiefs 1st half, Raiders 1st QTR, and second Fins game we saw Tyrod unleashed and it was awesome...I don't understand why some think that bottling him up is the best way to go...Whenever TT just lets it fly we seem to score a ton of points....

That's how he's kept his turnover numbers low.

Asking a not so good passer to start throwing more will result in mistakes that will possibly hurt more than what he may gain with what more attempts would get us.

I know that's what you want to think but that isn't his track record when throwing more. In 15 games he threw the ball 28 times or more. He threw for 22 TDs and 9 INTs. Maybe now youll say that 28 passes isn't enough. In 11 games he threw 30 times or more and threw for 16 TDs and 8 INTs. Still 2:1.

I'm not just talking about volume of passes either. I'm talking about throwing more on first and second down and doing so early. Cant keep giving him the ball on 3rd and medium to long and expecting him to consistently make plays when he hasn't been throwing the ball much all game. QBs need to get in a rhythm.

Edited by Scott7975

Last year...Chiefs 1st half, Raiders 1st QTR, and second Fins game we saw Tyrod unleashed and it was awesome...I don't understand why some think that bottling him up is the best way to go...Whenever TT just lets it fly we seem to score a ton of points....

There was also the Miami game last year. He threw the ball 39 times had 3 TDs no INTs and ran for 60 yards while also having 329 yards in the air.