Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

You are entitled to your completely uneducated opinion

TE's are expected to make these type of catches......that is why you use huge big body clydesdale's at TE.

Gronk makes these catches in his sleep

You're opinion is no more educated than mine...you can be sure of that.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Tyrod played pretty well, for him...however, it was the Jets- a team intentionally trying not to win a game this season...so I think we need to keep that in mind and judge him against teams that actually want to win this season.

The defense isn't terrible for the Jets. it's the offense. But players and coaches are not trying to lose. It's management and the talent they put on the field.

The defense isn't terrible for the Jets. it's the offense. But players and coaches are not trying to lose. It's management and the talent they put on the field.

Todd Bowles most certainly is not trying to lose--if they go 3-13, he is likely toast. And I'm pretty confident that the players aren't trying to lose, either. The Jets have one of the better defenses we will face all year and we moved the ball well against them, at least until the fourth quarter, when they were just trying to run the clock.

Edited by mannc

I agree about the Jets defense...but for a moment there at the end, when the Jets punted with 4 minutes to play and down by 2 scores, I felt they were trying to lose...i mean, why would u punt? it's basically the game...might as well go for it on 4th down...u have nothing to lose imo.

Edited by JaCrispy

I agree about the Jets defense...but for a moment there at the end, when the Jets punted with 4 minutes to play and down by 2 scores, I felt they were trying to lose...i mean, why would u punt? it's basically the game...might as well go for it on 4th down...u have nothing to lose imo.

Yes, that punt with four minutes to go was a disgrace, but it really is par for the course in the NFL, and for Bowles in particular.

A good team win.

You don't agree 😆

Some good plays. Some shaky plays. Under 30 passes and under 300 yards passing

Same as we've seen before.

Good to see him throw some away

Jesus.

Unhappy whiners who don't seem to understand that there were at least 3 dropped passes (way above the norm for an NFL QB) all by Clay and that once this team went up by 2 scores early in the 4th, the gameplan was RUN RUN RUN!!!

Taylor was 15-26 for 220 yards at the very beginning of the 4th quarter when the Bills scored their final TD and clearly took their foot off the gas. They ran 15 more plays on offense after that point. Only 2/15 of those plays were passes.

Sorry, are we looking for a QB who can help lead the team to Ws or are we looking for a QB who piles up fantasy stats?

Taylor was the former pretty clearly today. Just don't draft him in fantasy if that's what you care about :flirt:

I will wait and let you rewatch it. The throw was late and behind.

Clay could of done more, but TT needs to throw the ball at the end of his drop.

The Int is as much on TT as on clay.

Nope. You lose any semblance of logic with your last statement.

Saying or implying in any way that Taylor somehow shares equal fault with a TE who had a catchable ball in his hands that he didn't pull in is crazy talk.

That ball should have been caught. Saying it any other way is twisting this because you want to make Taylor look bad. And I'm not even saying you're wrong in your description of the play, which I have yet to rewatch. I just think this is reaching the point of being stupidly nitpicky about a play that should've been a touchdown rather than an interception.

Should have been a catch by any NFL TE of Clay's ability.

Jesus.

Unhappy whiners who don't seem to understand that there were at least 3 dropped passes (way above the norm for an NFL QB) all by Clay and that once this team went up by 2 scores early in the 4th, the gameplan was RUN RUN RUN!!!

Taylor was 15-26 for 220 yards at the very beginning of the 4th quarter when the Bills scored their final TD and clearly took their foot off the gas. They ran 15 more plays on offense after that point. Only 2/15 of those plays were passes.

Sorry, are we looking for a QB who can help lead the team to Ws or are we looking for a QB who piles up fantasy stats?

Taylor was the former pretty clearly today. Just don't draft him in fantasy if that's what you care about :flirt:

The same people who say Tyrod's good stats against Miami last year don't matter because we lost, are now saying today's win doesn't matter because his stats weren't good enough. Food for thought. Edited by HappyDays

I gave him his credit. You guys want to push me for more and I'm not willing. You are exaggerating what he did over the middle today, and his performasnce in general.

Shady and the defense carried them. TT was once again along for the ride. He makes the occasional play, but he's far from the answer for this team.

I make no apologies for my opinions, and you can call it what you like. It means nothing to me.

I think Taylor made some key first downs in the game that lead to scores. I wouldn't say Shady carried them. Shady was awesome today, as he usually is, but Taylor and a couple other guys, like Mathews, catching the ball made some key moment plays too. Lets not credit Shady with carrying the team.

I said he had a decent game.

Posters are harping over throws to the middle now and are acting as if he's now proven something in that regard after insisting it wasn't a big deal previously. This is what many of us are talking about when we say CoT.

They will tell you they don't claim he's great, but they go overboard anytime they get some decent play from the guy...today's performance is a classic example of this.

Whatever. I'm not interested in bickering over a win. I initially said it was a usual day and he was decent. Take my thoughts as you will.

Maybe its because people like you constantly try to drill that Tyrod can't​ throw over the middle. In the past Taylor didn't make many plays over the middle. Today he did. That in itself makes it not a usual day. Maybe a usual stat line, but he did so doing things he hasn't done in the past.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-game-recaps-for-all-the-week-1-matchups

I know folks are gonna love this so this will be entertaining, but according to PFF, since Thursday among the 24 teams and 12 games, Taylor's "refocused: game recap" grade was the 3rd highest, behind only Alex Smith and Matthew Stafford.

Why is it the obsession of Tyrod backers to try and make everyone else share their view?

Its not everyone...transplant is the north pole of Tyrod supporters. He simply tries to back it up with things not written by him for support of his theories.

I was pleasantly suprised that Tyrod worked the middle of the field today and made more plays from the pocket.

He had a solid day. I am waiting to see if he can do this consistantly.

Lets keep in mind that the jets have a pretty good D.....its their O that is in shambles

Onto the next game